London predictions

buford t justice

The form guide is up in the air for both teams but I think we can raise our game to take this and set up a big finish on the last day of the season. Dogs 26 London 10

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I tend to agree with you Chairman. I watched London against Dewsbury a couple of weeks ago and they are a big physical team, with some quick, elusive and dangerous backs.

However...........

London cannot get top place and they cannot drop to third place, so with the points restarting in the 8's there is absolutely nothing for them to play for.

Perhaps last weeks result against Sheffield was a sign that they have already eased off in preparation for the 8's.

Also, if you were London, who would you rather have in the 8's with you?

Now I am not saying they would intentionally throw a game, but selecting a second string team could serve a double purpose for them.

Why would you risk your star players getting injured before such an important part of the season?

Could also work against us I suppose as they may come out and throw the ball around with gay abandon as the pressure is off.

I'll go Dogs 18 London 10

I agree with fellow posters that after last week's poor performance, it is hard to see any success this weekend. However, if they can regain the belief, determination and character they showed at the beginning of the season, it is not impossible. A win this weekend will, I believe, be almost on a par with the win against Leigh, which puts into perspective the task ahead of them!

Could also work against us I suppose as they may come out and throw the ball around with gay abandon as the pressure is off.

I'll go Dogs 18 London 10

ill go for the pressure is off....and they got the hot air treatment for last weeks performance against Sheffield....

Batley 10 London 30

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Team building exercise last night should of hopefully got the lads talking to each other. Even if it was over pasta and pizza. We need to return to playing as a team not this one man rugby ###### or we will get stuffed. I'm opting for a lesson learnt last week Dogs 24-14 London.

Apart from our mid season blip we haven't lost back to back games this season so although it will be a tough game I fancy us to produce the goods.  Hopefully we can finish our home campaign the way we started it.

It would also be foolish to underestimate London but there are a lot of things that point in our favour for this one.

I guess that it depends on why we played so badly on Sunday. With a small squad we may have a number of players soldiering on whilst carrying injuries.  If it was just a 'poor day at the office' then we are in with a fighting chance.  I just hope that JK is not too conservative in his team choice.

We're bound to improve that's for sure, tackling will have been talked about, thing is can the forwards get back to laying the foundations for the halves who have been quiet for a week or 3. 2 tryscoring wingers and Ulugia waiting to get over that line. JK needs to pick the most attacking side he can and that means Walker at 13 from the start.

Maybe JK should place himself on the left wing. Sorry for being flippant but I really don't imagine anyone gives a damn about what us paying supporters think. We are not qualified to recruit or field a team at this level yet we pay for a voice. Bottom line is get behind John and the club, lads need the moral boost if nowt else.

Maybe JK should place himself on the left wing. Sorry for being flippant but I really don't imagine anyone gives a damn about what us paying supporters think. We are not qualified to recruit or field a team at this level yet we pay for a voice. Bottom line is get behind John and the club, lads need the moral boost if nowt else.

Aye, but supporters from the year dot have always enjoyed having an opinion and that is what the forum is for.  I'm sure everyone will be behind the team on Sunday.

Could depend on Soward's influence and him being leant on early. Our pack can't be dominated twice on the trot we need that 4 some to be awesome this week and a bit more influence and understanding through 6, 7, 9 & 13. If all goes well then I can see us doing it 4 to 6 points. If not then a 15 to 20 loss. Even a draw wouldn't be too bad.

I think Batley will win.Fev played exceptionally well and there's a fine line between success and failure in these sort of matches. Fev did to Batley what Batley did to Fev in the challenge cup. A blitz of scoring in a short amount of time disheartens a team. You don't become poor in such a short time. It's only a few weeks ago when Fev nilled Dewsbury and then came up with that shocker at the seaside. Batley by 12.

London Broncos v Batley Bulldogs, Sunday 17 July, Fox’s Biscuits Stadium, 3pm:

14 Andy Ackers
10 Eddie Battye
15 Jack Bussey
9 James Cunningham
21 Alex Foster
12 Matt Garside
1 Ben Hellewell
32 Elliot Kear
16 Mark Ioane
20 Scott Leatherbarrow
5 Iliess Macani
23 Jon Magrin
17 Mark Offerdahl
26 Api Pewhairangi
8 Nick Slyney
33 Jamie Soward
18 Jamie Thackray
24 Alex Walker
Rhys Williams

IMG_0583.JPG

This is your big game.You should  just be favs.

LOL....why.......?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I attended London's game at Dewsbury a few weeks back, and found it interesting that the main creative threat didn't appear to come through playmakers but instead through their centres and wingmen. Quite frankly I'm delighted by the fact that Wes Naiqama and Israel Eliab aren't in their squad for tomorrow. However, we really need to number up on Rhys Williams - he can be impossible to tackle. Sort him out and that just leaves Jamie Soward to contend with.....

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

I attended London's game at Dewsbury a few weeks back, and found it interesting that the main creative threat didn't appear to come through playmakers but instead through their centres and wingmen. Quite frankly I'm delighted by the fact that Wes Naiqama and Israel Eliab aren't in their squad for tomorrow. However, we really need to number up on Rhys Williams - he can be impossible to tackle. Sort him out and that just leaves Jamie Soward to contend with.....

That Cunningham lad isn't bad either but Naiqama and Eliab being absent tells me that they aren't too bothered. Dip your bread!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

That Cunningham lad isn't bad either but Naiqama and Eliab being absent tells me that they aren't too bothered. Dip your bread!

What did I tell you?

Well done - looks like Fax will be missing out now. Cue an intervention from their most loved follower.  :drag:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Believe me they where bothered.

But Batley where more bothered, just after half time I said to the next person lets trade try for try and that's how it panned out.

All 17 deserved the MOM.

Cheers Roger.

Archived