Football

Poor show from the Under 21s last night.After gong into the tournament on the back off a nine game unbeaten run with NO goals against more was expected.

Even Stuart Pearce has described them as "Aweful".

Still wins against Israel and Norway will see them through to the semi finals where Holland or Germany could be waiting for them.

Rose ,Ince and Zaha still to come in.

Holland v Germany tonight is a big game and you could be watching the two final teams.

Luke Shaw, Callum McManaman, Andros Townsend, Raheem Sterling,Jack Wilshere, Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck, Jack Rodwell, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kyle Walker. TEN players for one reason or another who are not at the under 21 Finals...no wonder we cant win tournament football.

England out of the 21s outclassed both games. Why don't the best players play. You don't see the likes of Isco opting out to play for the under 21s for Spain.

England out of the 21s outclassed both games. Why don't the best players play. You don't see the likes of Isco opting out to play for the under 21s for Spain.

TWELVE of the Dutch under 21's have senior caps and I was reading that the Norwegian under 21's that were in the squad for WC Qualifier in Albania on Friday went straight to Israel to play for the under 21 team.Maybe they want to win the tournament or maybe they have pride in representing their national team at all levels.

Maybe they want to win the tournament or maybe they have pride in representing their national team at all levels.

Pride in their national jersey. Our lads are a bunch of overpaid pre-madonnas who think they've made it once they'd signed their first professional contract. English football has a real issue with player development in my opinion.

Interesting to see the Germans are out as well...

Pride in their national jersey. Our lads are a bunch of overpaid pre-madonnas who think they've made it once they'd signed their first professional contract. English football has a real issue with player development in my opinion.

Interesting to see the Germans are out as well...

Absoutely this was one of the reasons Paul Scholes retired.

Germany's group had spain and Holland in it, one giant was bound to go out and it had to be then.

"Germany's group had spain and Holland in it, one giant was bound to go out and it had to be then."

Spain left it late in both their 1-0 games v Russia and Germany( 82 & 86 minutes).

Germany 0-2 behind the Dutch at half time then dominated the second half and got back to 2-2, then lost it in the 90th minute.

Lot of squeaky bums here in the Netherlands for that game ...believe me.

Big surprise them going home early.

Saying that the Dutch look strong...up against the holders Spain on Wednesday...

Hmmmm Not heard that one over here .....

Don't think there's anything in it, seen it in a few places, but this is the first I could lay my hands on link wise, hardly any credability to it!  Although he was drifting in from 66/1 to at the bookies, Whelan keeping his cards close to his chest for once, one of the bookies apparently has 6 possibles tied at 6/1 joint favourites.

Holland made eleven changes to their starting line up for the final group game against Spain.

Strange very strange...now with the 3-0 defeat they face a decent Italian side in the semi final rather than the easier (on paper) Norwegians.

Still take the Dutch to win the tournament but how far behind are we when Holland can field TWO  competitive elevens in the tournament and we struggle to get one decent eleven on the park.

I was round my late bros house yesterday and his wife gave me a bag of his old football programmes. Mainly involving Spurs, and Bradford City from the late 60's to the late 80'.

Fascinating stuff and there's a cup tie City v Spurs at Valley Parade from 1970 signed by Jimmy Greaves. - and you should see the Spurs team, legendary line up....no playing the reserves here. Incredible to see how football has changed from those days. Oh and nearly all of them call it soccer , they must be yanks or something

Loads of stuff...Hudds v Spurs 1971, Halifax v Spurs 1984...great reading.

Martin Chivers, Alan Gilzean........................