Uninteresting Trivial Facts

see here

There's already a Six Nations thread, on the Cross-Code Forum. HTH

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Towards the back of QI's 1227 interesting "Facts" they declare that the Pope cannot resign, oops.

Basically, the fairy fanciers made up a new rule this time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Happy 40th Birthday to Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Someone logged into my wife's Facebook account from a machine we don't now. Facebook auto-locked the account, so that wasn't a problem. The problem came when I told the wife that she must assume that that email address and password combination was compromised and to reset any passwords that matched. We use LastPass as a password manager on our machines and I assumed (silly me) that my wife was using its random generator functionality ... unfortunately not. 28 websites all sharing the same username and password combination. There's 2 hours of my time gone.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

As a general rule I put aaaa.aaaaaaa@aaaaaa.co.uk at the top of my contacts list, on all my email accounts, then when anybody hacks into my contacts it goes into meltdown & gives up after a while without disturbing any of my details

Here's a thing; I dozed off last night with the radio on, and dreamed I heard Gladys Knight singing 'Midnight Train to Georgia' with BBC Tennis correspondent Philip Studd and Neil Harmon of The Times. At the time, I attributed this to having eaten and drunk not wisely but well.

However... :unsure:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Uninteresting trivial fact of the day - the new Pope, Frankie Malvinas I, was born on the same day as Tommy Steele!

17th of December 1936, fact fans.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Uninteresting trivial fact of the day - the new Pope, Frankie Malvinas I, was born on the same day as Tommy Steele!

17th of December 1936, fact fans.

Will he be issuing a little white bull?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Will he be issuing a little white bull?

Superb! :D

Ralph Waldo Emerson

There would be far less crime if Spiderman's super-power was shooting spiders from his hands rather than webs.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I now listen to Classic FM in my car. It makes any journey seem either i) an epic voyage or ii) a really chilled out affair.

Sealed the deal when yesterday lunch time they played the Superman theme at the most opportune moment. It's also good for putting names to "aww yeh I know this tune from somewhere".

I now listen to Classic FM in my car.

It is a very good station for driving to.

The real music is on Radio 3 though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)