Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I'm spending today getting ready for my walk into the wilds from tomorrow until next Wednesday.  It doesn't half remind me of getting ready for going on exercise in the army.  One difference this year is that I plan on being far less tied to civilisation therefore I need to start the exercise with enough consumables to last me until Wednesday.

This year I'm also fairly pimped out with new gear... excellent new (broken in) boots, new backpack, electrical kit, the charger to go with it and so on.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I'm spending today getting ready for my walk into the wilds from tomorrow until next Wednesday.  It doesn't half remind me of getting ready for going on exercise in the army.  One difference this year is that I plan on being far less tied to civilisation therefore I need to start the exercise with enough consumables to last me until Wednesday.

This year I'm also fairly pimped out with new gear... excellent new (broken in) boots, new backpack, electrical kit, the charger to go with it and so on.

Do you want me to keep an eye on the cross code forum while you are away?  ;)

Do you want me to keep an eye on the cross code forum while you are away?  ;)

No... I'll be leaving that in the capable hands of John Drake.  He's not as patient as I am so try not to upset the natives too much...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

"Into the wilds", "electrical kit, the charger". Just how far into the wilds are you going?

Just joking!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

"Into the wilds", "electrical kit, the charger". Just how far into the wilds are you going?

Just joking!

I got myself one of these things to keep my phone charged.  I did a dummy run of using it this week and it's been recharging my iPhone 4S from nearly dead battery all week, it just ran out of charge today.  I'm hoping there's enough sunshine that the solar panels will keep it going enough that my phone will last the 5 days away easily.

My plan is to just keep walking for a few days in the Trossachs to recharge my batteries.  I had a very good phone chat with one of the rangers there on where the quietest areas are and how to avoid all contact with any stray neds that are around.

I'm out of practice though with a big backpack.  Overloaded the bottom with light stuff and the heavy stuff up top.  I'll need to repack it to get it just right.  I'm also not the svelte youngster I used to be who could lump around heavy backpacks for a whole day without hassle :(

My body is seriously unhappy at being up at 4:30.  It's telling me quite bluntly to stop being so stupid and get back to that nice, comfy bed.

I got myself one of these things to keep my phone charged.  I did a dummy run of using it this week and it's been recharging my iPhone 4S from nearly dead battery all week, it just ran out of charge today.  I'm hoping there's enough sunshine that the solar panels will keep it going enough that my phone will last the 5 days away easily.

My plan is to just keep walking for a few days in the Trossachs to recharge my batteries.  I had a very good phone chat with one of the rangers there on where the quietest areas are and how to avoid all contact with any stray neds that are around.

I'm out of practice though with a big backpack.  Overloaded the bottom with light stuff and the heavy stuff up top.  I'll need to repack it to get it just right.  I'm also not the svelte youngster I used to be who could lump around heavy backpacks for a whole day without hassle :(

If it's any consolation, I was never the svelte youngster I used to be! ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Haven't you hired any bearers?

If not presumably you will have to mix your own pink gin........

There's this huge orange thing in the sky here in Scotland. The natives are in a state of panic mixing between cried of "it's burning!" to complaining about their winter wear being too hot today. A few giving me very funny looks because I'm in shorts while they're still in their thermal gear.

On the plus side I bet the pack you're carrying now is infinitely more comfortable and better designed than a GS Bergen

Just back from Holme Moss after watching team Sky testing out stage 2

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

This is developing into an interesting and non-trivial topic so I am brining it back on track.

During our 7 years living in Holmfirth, I cycled up Holme Moss on a number of occasions. On one such, I could hears this clicking sound behind me.... as a local young lady overtook me....on foot...in high heels. That was about 20 years ago, though, when it was REALLY steep!

As for the Trossachs, you can't beat Ben Ledi, Ben Vane, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin...but that was over 25 years ago. I don't expect they have changed!

Ours were there at 7.30am

Bogdan and Piotr don't drink tea.

Ours were all on a stag do at the weekend and are feeling a little worse for wear today. Bl**dy lightweights!!!

Not sure today is going to be very productive......although one of them has been wandering around with lots of bricks and has even fired up the cement mixer, although that may just be a reflex action.

I thought I was going to Portsmouth on Tuesday.

I'm actually going on Wednesday.

Plans haven't changed I just got the day wrong.

Q:  Is swimming good for your figure?   
A:  If swimming is good for your figure, then explain whale to me.. 

The sheep that have been on the bit of land right next to my house since November are off to the abattoir.  Better that than what happened to the last bunch who were subjected to a "home style" dispatching.

The sheep that have been on the bit of land right next to my house since November are off to the abattoir.  Better that than what happened to the last bunch who were subjected to a "home style" dispatching.

Lamb and mint sausages?