Uninteresting Trivial Facts

11 minutes ago, jayemm said:

If DHL are now delivering to KFC, I think they should look behind the bin!

Judging by the look of some of the fried chicken emporia in my neighbourhood, they'd be better off looking in the bins.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 19/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, Bearman said:

This thread was started by James Vukmirovic aka "The Serb" I am sure I have just seen him wrapped in a Union Jack watching the Big Air event at the Olymipcs

He says he was not.

A shame.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I applied for a DVD through Amazon 2 weeks ago, and it was due for delivery at the latest yesterday. I sent a email to the supplier, who replied this morning apologising, and will despatch another one immediately. Good Work.

I lost my bank card on Sunday, and rang Santander in Bradford to cancel and replace it, got transferred to Sheffield, and was told this would take 5-7 working days to arrive, It did so today. Good Work.

I also lost my disabled Rail Pass, but they can't replace it as it expires in May.

I ordered a Concessionary Disabled Bus Pass from East Sussex Council at the start of the month, and it hasn't arrived, so I rang them up to find out what was going on, and had it been refused. They told me they only received the application on Monday, and had despatched the pass yesterday. So I will be able to travel free, anywhere on English Busses from (probably) tomorrow. Good Work ESCC.

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

Mentioned on the Danny Baker Show this morning, Gary Numan is 13 days older than Gary Oldman.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Bearman said:

This thread was started by James Vukmirovic aka "The Serb" I am sure I have just seen him wrapped in a Union Jack watching the Big Air event at the Olymipcs

the thread was actually started on the original boards many moons ago by  "THE FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE"

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I'm working on a really long post on my site where I blow the lid off the corruption in the Sudoku industry. It will be essential reading for those older readers who remember a simpler time when Sudoku was all about the numbers, before the big money came in and ruined everything.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2018 at 12:11 PM, Bleep1673 said:

I ordered a Concessionary Disabled Bus Pass from East Sussex Council at the start of the month, and it hasn't arrived, so I rang them up to find out what was going on, and had it been refused. They told me they only received the application on Monday, and had dispatched the pass yesterday. So I will be able to travel free, anywhere on English Busses from (probably) tomorrow. Good Work ESCC.

It arrived on Friday, after which I went on a travel spree around Hastings, Saturday I took my Daughter to Eastbourne (Kids travel for £1), then yesterday I went to Tunbridge Wells.

Not going anywhere today* as it's snowing heavily, and I might get stranded.

Apart from my Job Finding Agency Hastings Works, where I am now.

In an odd twist of fortune the cyclone that smashed up Tonga a couple of weeks ago also seems to have blown away most of the mosquitoes that were carrying the potentially fatal dengue fever virus.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-28/cyclone-gita-blows-away-some-dengue-mosquitoes-tonga/9493820

I fell asleep last night listening to an audiobook and woke up about 90 minutes later.  My first thought was "who the hell are these characters and why did the author just abandon the last plot line half way through a chapter?"

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 hours ago, Farmduck said:

In an odd twist of fortune the cyclone that smashed up Tonga a couple of weeks ago also seems to have blown away most of the mosquitoes that were carrying the potentially fatal dengue fever virus.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-28/cyclone-gita-blows-away-some-dengue-mosquitoes-tonga/9493820

I blame the religious folk for having unspecific prayers.  If they wanted $deity to do something about the mosquitoes while causing no other damage then they should have made that clear...  $deity has only so much time in a day and the world population is getting on a bit.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I had a rant yesterday that "theres never a bleedin pen in this house" when you need one, I pulled out my bedside cupboard today to find 3 of them on the floor behind it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I had a rant yesterday that "theres never a bleedin pen in this house" when you need one, I pulled out my bedside cupboard today to find 3 of them on the floor behind it

Few things on Earth can put on a turn of evasive speed like a biro, the moment you turn your back.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've just killed a fly with my bare hands. The Donald can teach me nothing about bravery and unarmed combat!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 minute ago, tonyXIII said:

I've just killed a fly with my bare hands. The Donald can teach me nothing about bravery and unarmed combat!

The next stage is to do it with chopsticks. :wink: 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The next stage is to do it with chopsticks. :wink: 

Special Chop Suey is beyond my pay grade.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I signed up for the Sky VIP thing and got the new Blade Runner movie free of charge. 

think we are off thread here- its like the letters page in the lancet! I went to the 24 hour garage last night- it was closed! and back in the room