Trouble at Warrington end

What difference does it make who started it, it takes two to have a fight, either you rise to it and become one of the trouble makers, or you consider them to be the Neanderthals they are.

Personally, I don't associate with people behaving in such a way, even if I'm sat next to them, but I might slip off and tell a steward to keep an eye.

We're usually good at policing stuff ourselves, and these types are outnumbered by about 85000 to 10, so we need to make sure we nip it in the bud early like normal, such as, there's kids around here guys, we're all here to enjoy the game like you, and we appreciate you've had a few beers, but no one wants to end the day on a bad note so lets keep it in good spirits and enjoy the rest of the day. People are generally wanting to do the same, but they lose their way somewhere and need to be reminded, by everyone around them sharing that aim.

Am I wrong? Any better suggestions pls post as it's all for the greater good, and like someone said, you get it sometimes when a large group of people come together - there's more chance.

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on the scale that you seem to enjoy claiming we do,no. All clubs have a few idiots which the club concerned and genuine fans would prefer did not attend. I have been offered a fight by a 15 year old Wigan fan in Wigan because I dared to walk past him on my way to the ground where Wigan pay Wigan Pathetic FC rent to let them play. He held a can of 2.5% ASDA lager in his hand,swayed from side to side and said "come on wire lad,tha won't know what's f@@@@@g hit thee!" I laughed and replied "there's one thing son,it won't be you" at which point he ran off! Did I tarnish all other Wigan fans with the same brush this neanderthal had used to paint his picture of Wigan and it's fans? No. You really do need to take a very big drink from the bottle labelled "growing up medicine."

Jeez, you sound tough, I think I'd better stay away from you.

I bet that poor 15 year old kid is still scraping the cack out of his low slung denims.

Okay so do you wanna know what happened?

Well basically it was Leeds fans who started the kick off by gouding the Wire fans who's end they were sat in! I am sorry but they had no right to be in that end behaving like that. The final straw came when the Leeds lot started throwing beer at kids and then it all kicked off.

Think the RFL need to better look into the ticketing policy, okay have neutral areas and mixed sections but the cheaper seats where you get a lot of cavemen should be one teams end only with no small groups mixed in.

Well basically it was Leeds fans who started the kick off by gouding the Wire fans who's end they were sat in! I am sorry but they had no right to be in that end behaving like that. The final straw came when the Leeds lot started throwing beer at kids and then it all kicked off.

Think the RFL need to better look into the ticketing policy, okay have neutral areas and mixed sections but the cheaper seats where you get a lot of cavemen should be one teams end only with no small groups mixed in.

Surprise surprise, Wire completely innocent again.

Poor little lambs bullied by the big bad drunken Rhinos.

:rolleyes:

Surprise surprise, Wire completely innocent again.

Poor little lambs bullied by the big bad drunken Rhinos.

:rolleyes:

Okay got a picture of the events from above, will post on here for you to see in the next week or so.

They had a right to be in that stand because it was a Rugby League game. What they didn't have a right to was to kick off and abuse the fans around them - if this was the case.

I think Wembley may insist on some kind of ticketing segregation after this incident which in turn may create a 'them and us' mentality that we see at most football events. We - as RL fans - would never flock in our numbers with our kids, wives, mums and dads to Wembley if this was the case and it'd be such a shame.

Edited by Jerry the Berry

Okay got a picture of the events from above, will post on here for you to see in the next week or so.

Look Wezza, you're close enough to get decent action shots, but can't put them up now, which just has us all thinking "photoshop time" to make them fit.

1 picture, no matter where taken from means nowt, could be first blow, or retaliation.

Or goading/response, you know what I mean.

I had my camera at the game, but didn't take photos of the scuffle, not into happy slapping, so watched the pitch in the main.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I've been going to both Wilderspool and the HJ stadium, standing on the touchline terrace whenever possible. I'm a fairly vociferous spectator, but have never had any problems with the Warrington fans. I think it would be different if I stood behind the sticks, but that's the case for several away grounds.

The most obnoxious fans I've come across in over thirty years of watching were pre-Superleague ... at the Boulevard, Clarence Road and Post Office Road.

NB: I just had to look up the name of the former York ground, having forgotten it was called Clarence Road. Aptly, it was built on land originally leased from the York Lunatic Asylum.

:D

Clarence Road ?

The York Ground was Clarence Street with the registered office on the Wigginton Road side of the ground.

Not getting involved in the childish arguments, but it is always disappointing to see trouble in or around a ground. One point I will make is that I have also seen trouble at Grand Finals involving Wigan v Bradford and Saints v Leeds. Unfortunately there will always be blokes who can't handle their beer.

I actually thought the stewards were pretty poor, as you could see it was going to go off for about 5minutes. The fans were stood up watching it escalate, and only a few security blokes went down. Only a few blokes actually involved in the fight, but then you obviously get other people being knocked over, which is pretty disappointing as it could have happened in our corner, where I was stood with my mum and dad and my mate had his toddlers, and that's not good if innocent people are getting caught up in it.

we seem to have threads like this after either the CC or The GF. The are both unlike the FA Cup etc attended by none fans of the clubs that are playing. Its deemed as a dayout a bit of a p*** up jolly for alot of people who are not regular league fans. You can guarantee that when the beer kicks in they will not shout for the team whos supporters they are a sat with.

Not getting involved in the childish arguments, but it is always disappointing to see trouble in or around a ground. One point I will make is that I have also seen trouble at Grand Finals involving Wigan v Bradford and Saints v Leeds. Unfortunately there will always be blokes who can't handle their beer.

I actually thought the stewards were pretty poor, as you could see it was going to go off for about 5minutes. The fans were stood up watching it escalate, and only a few security blokes went down. Only a few blokes actually involved in the fight, but then you obviously get other people being knocked over, which is pretty disappointing as it could have happened in our corner, where I was stood with my mum and dad and my mate had his toddlers, and that's not good if innocent people are getting caught up in it.

I'd just like to stress the point that I was at the GF when there was trouble and it was Saints fans fighting Saints fans. I've been to many games over the years regular and finals and I'm not sayig Saint fans don't cause fights, but from my experience of what I've seen with my own eyes Saints fans tend to annoy each other much more than the opposition. You can never please all Saints fans all of the time, even when winning 100-0 or lossing 100-0 Saints idiots can usually fine something to moan about with each other.

Age is no restriction either.

I was there for the new stadium announcement at Knowsley road, the chairman was announcing it to the ground, (but facing the popular side). The news was pretty much welcomed by all except the one idiot about 40-50 years old who kept shouting out what about us, like an insane numpty. I think he was quiet put out that the chairman was announcing it with his back to him and did not acknowledge him personnally. lol.

I'm sure had I tod him to shut it and get on board he would have felt no quarms about venting his frustration in my direction. Yep some people it's beer, but for others even a positive announcement can cause them pain some people just like being miserable and will find any excuse to be offended and have an arguement or a fight.

It's all about da bass

I'd just like to stress the point that I was at the GF when there was trouble and it was Saints fans fighting Saints fans. I've been to many games over the years regular and finals and I'm not sayig Saint fans don't cause fights, but from my experience of what I've seen with my own eyes Saints fans tend to annoy each other much more than the opposition.

A good few years back, I went to a Wires/Skints game at Wilderspool with a couple of workmates, they were from St. Helens.

I was a bit apprehensive, I'd be wearing my Dessie top, and in with the opposing fans.

There was a scuffle, stewards flying in etc, and it was Skint v Skint arguing over Aussie players in the team....

Me?

Stood there laughing at them.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I'd just like to stress the point that I was at the GF when there was trouble and it was Saints fans fighting Saints fans. I've been to many games over the years regular and finals and I'm not sayig Saint fans don't cause fights, but from my experience of what I've seen with my own eyes Saints fans tend to annoy each other much more than the opposition. You can never please all Saints fans all of the time, even when winning 100-0 or lossing 100-0 Saints idiots can usually fine something to moan about with each other.
To be fair mate, that's not just Saints fans, it's just pretty natural that when you get gangs of lads ###### up, you will get some instances of trouble,whether that is in the pub before or after, unfortunately this was highlighted more as it was during the game. This is why it is not really hooliganism as such, it is cimply feckwits who can't handle their beer, and I don't think it really matters who they support, they will happily brawl with their own fans no problem.

To be fair mate, that's not just Saints fans, it's just pretty natural that when you get gangs of lads ###### up, you will get some instances of trouble,whether that is in the pub before or after, unfortunately this was highlighted more as it was during the game. This is why it is not really hooliganism as such, it is cimply feckwits who can't handle their beer, and I don't think it really matters who they support, they will happily brawl with their own fans no problem.

Exactly the stuff we saw at Wembley was not organised in any way, anyone in the know saw it was a case of a few idiot Leeds fans having too much ale, peeved with a stuffing and taking it out on those around them and some idiots from Wazza having enough battling back! Compared to the stuff that went on in the 80's this was tame stuff.

I only hope the RFL and Wembley don't go down the road of banning booze and making fans sit in seperate stands because of a few minor incidents.

Adrian Morley bigs up the Wire fans in the league express saying best in the game, maybe best in super league but not the game, he obviously wasnt around the pubs and clubs of the town before they played the Rovers, our 1000 strong flat cap made your fans look like an american football college team just like we used to in the 70s, and no Wendall no pubs were trashed

I've been going to both Wilderspool and the HJ stadium, standing on the touchline terrace whenever possible. I'm a fairly vociferous spectator, but have never had any problems with the Warrington fans. I think it would be different if I stood behind the sticks, but that's the case for several away grounds.

The most obnoxious fans I've come across in over thirty years of watching were pre-Superleague ... at the Boulevard, Clarence Road and Post Office Road.

NB: I just had to look up the name of the former York ground, having forgotten it was called Clarence Road. Aptly, it was built on land originally leased from the York Lunatic Asylum.

:D

was called clarence street ground B)

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

Adrian Morley bigs up the Wire fans in the league express saying best in the game, maybe best in super league but not the game, he obviously wasnt around the pubs and clubs of the town before they played the Rovers, our 1000 strong flat cap made your fans look like an american football college team just like we used to in the 70s, and no Wendall no pubs were trashed
Jees Lowfield, you still banging on about this game, just because you lot turned up and had a good away day?

Plenty of teams' fans have a better time when they have a big away game. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it was novel for your fans to have a trip to Warrington, playing in a game with a crowd three or four times your regular crowds, whereas it was a bog-standard home game against a lower division team with a lower crowd than normal for the home fans, so clearly the Warrington fans wouldn't be dancing around in pubs bladdered at midday.

I only hope the RFL and Wembley don't go down the road of banning booze and making fans sit in seperate stands because of a few minor incidents.

They wouldn't do that. A large part of revenue on match day comes from the bars and food stalls.

What could follow however is that no grog permitted to be brought in to the stands. This makes sense and works.

Jees Lowfield, you still banging on about this game, just because you lot turned up and had a good away day?

Plenty of teams' fans have a better time when they have a big away game. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it was novel for your fans to have a trip to Warrington, playing in a game with a crowd three or four times your regular crowds, whereas it was a bog-standard home game against a lower division team with a lower crowd than normal for the home fans, so clearly the Warrington fans wouldn't be dancing around in pubs bladdered at midday.

Banging on about it same as he does about wires, a 1st round game away to Warrington isnt novel to us dont forget many of us have seen Rovers actually win the thing and more than once

I'm not sure why or how but I didn't see any of this fighting at all so not sure it could have been that big an episode

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Banging on about it same as he does about wires, a 1st round game away to Warrington isnt novel to us dont forget many of us have seen Rovers actually win the thing and more than once

Well done. Made up for you, now move on (please)

Glad you have seen rovers win the CC, guess you must be an old bean ;)

last won 83 and before that 73.