1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds
    • Draw

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull will have Sean Long and Richard Horne back for this game. Unfortunately, with Jordan Tansey suspended, some folk are suggesting Horne will be at full back. Personally, after only 4 previous outings together in the halves with Long, I think he has to play at off half. Should that be the case, it looks like Craig Hall may play one of his last games for Hull in this one, unless Agar risks Reece Lyne at full back.

Will be interesting to see how Leeds go on in this game. They had a tough encounter last Saturday, picking up a few knocks, and with Peacock and Burgess missing again, and the possibility of others out, Hull's pack has a real chance to dominate the Leeds' forwards. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

For a change, I think this will be close. Still, with my ever pessimistic head on, I'll go for Leeds by 4-6.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

If we dont win this one I will be very dissapointed. There is going to be a big crowd and with a week off plus Horne and Long back for us its set up to be the game of the season at the KC.

Our pack should have enough to get on top the Leeds pack and they need to get stuck in early, its going to be a cracker, the playoffs are starting early.

The option of playing Horne at full back when we are defending and switching when we attack to the halfs is an option Agar may look at.

Edited by westhuller

If Hull tackle even half as well as Warrington did last saturday they will win this game at a canter. Stand back and admire Leeds and they will run rings around you. Tackle them like your life depends on it and they are clueless,with no "plan B." Last saturday Warrington showed the rest of the RL world just how to hammer Leeds.

Come on Hull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Leeds will win by 10+.

The important thing about Saturday is that we'll be in Three John Scotts from about noon. Come and join us. :D

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Looks like Leeds are a spent force and need to rebuild for next year!

Hull by 15 points clear (the odd point from a Long DG :-) )

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I'm going for Hull FC in this one, I think looking at Leeds last week they reminded me of Saints 3 years ago at the 1st Grand final against Leeds.

There was no doubting the effort and at times they looked dangerous, but did not have enough about them to break down a solid defensive effort. Towards the end rather than upset they just looked tired. I'm sure going into the match they will be up for the challenge, but if things don't go their way from the start I would expect Hull to get ontop and not let go.

I don't think Hull are quite at the level of Warrington yet, given that they have struggled to get a fit side out this year and lack the match practise together, but they are not a million miles away and if there where a few more matches before the playoff's where they could get a good run out with a full side, I'd expect them to be able to challenge, Warrington/Saints/Wigan.

It's all about da bass

At the start of the year I thought FC were a better bet for Grand final glory than Wigan, and I agree that if Long, Fitzg and O'Meley had been fit and firing for longer together they would be real contenders. They will win this against a Leeds side creaking at the seams, but will not make OT.

Another two leeds players missing from the pack means hull should really win this by rights. It's been a gruelling season for leeds and in effect our season has been over a month longer in playing terms than hulls, we are creaking as someone pointed out above. We smashed hull up twice early in the season and dispelled any myths that they were the big hard boys in the league but injuries and fatigue will mean this time around it's sure to be a more even contest. Having said that there's a never say die spirit about leeds that has played no small part in our last three grand final successes and i'm expecting it to re-surface about 4.30 saturday afternoon. The codheads to falter when everyone thinks they're favourites, leeds by 8 points.

The upper West tier of the KC Stadium will be open tomorrow, indicating that the crowd may be around 16k or more.

Great news, Leeds fans, get yourselves there.

good luck rhinos

###### off!

Another two leeds players missing from the pack means hull should really win this by rights. It's been a gruelling season for leeds and in effect our season has been over a month longer in playing terms than hulls, we are creaking as someone pointed out above. We smashed hull up twice early in the season and dispelled any myths that they were the big hard boys in the league but injuries and fatigue will mean this time around it's sure to be a more even contest. Having said that there's a never say die spirit about leeds that has played no small part in our last three grand final successes and i'm expecting it to re-surface about 4.30 saturday afternoon. The codheads to falter when everyone thinks they're favourites, leeds by 8 points.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Leeds are the clear(ish) favourites, 8/11 to Hull's 11/10 with bet365 by way of an example.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The upper West tier of the KC Stadium will be open tomorrow, indicating that the crowd may be around 16k or more.

Great news, Leeds fans, get yourselves there.

Can't wait for tomorrow, it's always a great atmosphere at the madhouse. I will be interested to see how many leeds fans make the trip tomorrow after we packed wembley with wire last week. The true fans will make the journey and our players will appreciate that after last week, as for the stayaways/bandwaggoners, there's no doubt their next game will be the final at old trafford.

Can't wait for tomorrow, it's always a great atmosphere at the madhouse. I will be interested to see how many leeds fans make the trip tomorrow after we packed wembley with wire last week. The true fans will make the journey and our players will appreciate that after last week, as for the stayaways/bandwaggoners, there's no doubt their next game will be the final at old trafford.

It was a cracking turnout by your lot last time. I'll be surprised if you match that tomorrow.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It was a cracking turnout by your lot last time. I'll be surprised if you match that tomorrow.

The free entry played a big part in our cup turnout, if we can bring half that amount tomorrow i'll be pleased. A lot of people have got used to just turning up for semis and finals but the strength of the comp this season means we need fans following the team every week if we're gonna progress this time. The cup game was the best atmosphere at a match this season for my money and tomorrow won't be much different. I'll just have to remember to get the leeds mini kit and ronnie the rhino out of the car before we go to the ground, don't fancy walking back :P

due to entirely forseen circumstances, ie. Mick not turning up, i have a spare ticket for the game. I know it's a bit late but if anybody wants it, pm me.

Harsh decision against Radford, Smith must have missed the elbow to the head from Bailey.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Harsh decision against Radford, Smith must have missed the elbow to the head from Bailey.

No surprise to see the cheap shot coward involved. And no surprise to see him wait until 3 or 4 Leeds players had hold of Radford before going after him then trying to nut Long for no reason at all.

Dave Woods on R5 said it best.

"He was sent of for punching Ryan Bailey, whereas a lot in the game would have given him a medal".

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Smith doing all he can for Leeds since half time.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Great effort from Hull so far after the harsh Radford sending off. Really impressed, in particular with Tom Briscoe, best British winger in the league by some distance.

His ability to stop the try has been on display once again, you're not wrong saying he's the best British winger.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.