Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants

ckn

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington
    • Huddersfield

I couldn't go tonight and it was hard to watch on telly - massive congratulations to Huddersfield, it was a demolition job in the first half.

The way I see it is this: Although I'm gutted, after years of utter mediocrity I will get over it very quickly but never forget the experience being at Wembley both times to see us finally achieve something. I appreciate that many folk will never be lucky enough treasure things like that.

Anyway, I think there are some fantastic times ahead for The Wire and meanwhile I really think Huddersfield could give it a right good go next week. Would be good to see a new name at Old Trafford.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it in my local up to around the 60 minute mark, then they lost the picture but still had sound. It was like that for a good ten minutes. If you don't care for the Sky commentary team, try listening when there's no picture. Absolutely hopeless,we hadn't a clue what was happening. Wandered down to a pub down the road and watched the final 8 or 9 minutes. Great stuff, Wire could have levelled it but watching Leroy Cudjoe flying down the wing with Nathan Brown jumping up and down cheering with the young Wire fan looking on sadly in the background was fantastic tv.

Well done Huddersfield, hope you go all the way.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

That went exactly as I expected.

Watching Brough lifting Huddersfield tonight made me reflect on what they could have done with Todd Carney last year in their team. Fa'alogo is a wonderful player, David Hodgson is to my mind the biggest loss of all the players Wigan released in the mid noughties, and Brough looked the real deal for once.

It shows how difficult it is for a team relying on old players to lift themselves week after week. Interesting imes ahead at the HJ with that team a year older next year. Still, a wonderful season for them. As far as consolations go, an epic win in the CC Final is a pretty good one to sustain them over the winter.

It makes Club Call a foregone conclusion, and even though the site may not have as many Treble predictions in the next few weeks, the Saints fans who have miraculously re-discovered the internet in the last few weeks will take up some of the slack.

That went exactly as I expected.

Watching Brough lifting Huddersfield tonight made me reflect on what they could have done with Todd Carney last year in their team. Fa'alogo is a wonderful player, David Hodgson is to my mind the biggest loss of all the players Wigan released in the mid noughties, and Brough looked the real deal for once.

It shows how difficult it is for a team relying on old players to lift themselves week after week. Interesting imes ahead at the HJ with that team a year older next year. Still, a wonderful season for them. As far as consolations go, an epic win in the CC Final is a pretty good one to sustain them over the winter.

It makes Club Call a foregone conclusion, and even though the site may not have as many Treble predictions in the next few weeks, the Saints fans who have miraculously re-discovered the internet in the last few weeks will take up some of the slack.

Someone else right these pearls of wisdom then?

Wire should win, as they have shown they are streets ahead of the Giants already this year. I think both round 1 losers this year have shown they are robust enough to bounce back from last week's defeats. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brett Hodgson go MIA again - he certainly started his Wire career early in the Cup.

Should be easy street for Wire.

I think Wire will put on a good show today in this winning easily, with B Hodgson playing his second game for them after his debut in the Cup, setting up next week for the epic that last week should have been.

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Another great advert for rugby league, well done huddersfield. A match too far for warrington but i'm sure the majority of their fans would have settled for another challenge cup and the great entertainment they've had from the team this season. A shame that a minority of their fans booed the team off at half time but at every club there's an ungrateful minority that seem to think their club can perform to 100% every game when it's not really possible. The only sour note for me was the cowardly conduct of james childs late in the game when he completely ignored a pass that was 2 yards forward. Sometimes a referee can see things differently from the rest of us, be unsighted, or even interpret a situation differently. As linesman childs had the best view in the ground looking right along the line of the pass and blatantly bottled it. To say he cheated would no doubt see me censured so i won't go that far, what i will say is that he saw something and didn't act upon it. Extremely disappointing and very worrying.

Another great advert for rugby league, well done huddersfield. A match too far for warrington but i'm sure the majority of their fans would have settled for another challenge cup and the great entertainment they've had from the team this season. A shame that a minority of their fans booed the team off at half time but at every club there's an ungrateful minority that seem to think their club can perform to 100% every game when it's not really possible. The only sour note for me was the cowardly conduct of james childs late in the game when he completely ignored a pass that was 2 yards forward. Sometimes a referee can see things differently from the rest of us, be unsighted, or even interpret a situation differently. As linesman childs had the best view in the ground looking right along the line of the pass and blatantly bottled it. To say he cheated would no doubt see me censured so i won't go that far, what i will say is that he saw something and didn't act upon it. Extremely disappointing and very worrying.

Fair call

Hope Wire fans finally hit reality that they have had a very good season , but there are other teams out there who can do a job too.

CC is no bad feat, and once the loss wears off and the GF is won by who ever. The wire can sit back and be happy at having achieved this year, where other teams will be close with no cigar.

It's all about da bass

So Ullman, what odds did you get. Must have been a profitable weekend of RL for you.

Maybe you should only bet on the game that don't involve Hull FC.

Apologies for not replying earlier, I had to go out. My original post was misleading. I meant I'd backed Huddersfield with 10 start.

But you're right on both counts. :D

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Well I've been consistent and said that Saints would pick Wigan over Wire and then either Hull KR or Huddersfield if they get through.

Potter has been to both games. But I reckon Huddersfield will be the choice.

I agree. Saints will pick Huddersfield so that their two biggest rivals can knock seven bells out of each other on Saturday.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

wire were abyssmal in the first half leaving themselves far too much ground to make up in the second.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Do they have wit in Huddersfield?

Got you, its wit when your completely wrong

Duly noted for the future

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Well done to the Giants.

Great display from brough, robinson and hodgson.

Gaints pack was fantastic (i gave them no credit, so sorry to them / fans)

on Warrington, season ended and we won the same as last year.

i have great memories of the season, expected more, but thats my lot.

Richards for MoS

Congratulations to Huddersfield they never put a foot wrong in the first half and completly dominated us from the start to finish of the half. It was nice to see the up turn in performance in the second half but there was just too much to do.

I don't think the half time score flattered the Giants at all and if anything it could have been greater!

Very disappointed with the performances in the play off games but its been a good season overall for us. Good luck to the Giants in the next game and back to the drawing board for us!

Classy reaction pmj.

I think I would echo your views if Wigan lose next week. Wire are getting better year on year, as Saints and Leeds decline each year, and there is no reason to think next year won't be the same. The most interesting phase for me will be when players from the junior teams at WIre, who have done so well this year, step up into the first team. While they had to acquire this initial Cup winning team, they have been sorting out their own development. If they can get the balance right and can bring on a couple of juniors each year then talk of a dynasty may not be far off.

It is clearly hard to peak twice so quickly, but the Cup is going nowhere any time soon - and it was won beating a then decent Bulls, and the Giants away before ripping Leeds apart, so it was won the hard way.

Classy reaction pmj.

I think I would echo your views if Wigan lose next week. Wire are getting better year on year, as Saints and Leeds decline each year, and there is no reason to think next year won't be the same. The most interesting phase for me will be when players from the junior teams at WIre, who have done so well this year, step up into the first team. While they had to acquire this initial Cup winning team, they have been sorting out their own development. If they can get the balance right and can bring on a couple of juniors each year then talk of a dynasty may not be far off.

It is clearly hard to peak twice so quickly, but the Cup is going nowhere any time soon - and it was won beating a then decent Bulls, and the Giants away before ripping Leeds apart, so it was won the hard way.

Thanks E W

Juniors will be interesting, i have been watching the under 20's recently and I'm excited by one or two of them.

Since the CC we have had everyone fully fit and we haven't managed to produce again. (WHY)

Play Off Rugby is a complete different kettle of fish and we weren't ready again (never won a play off @ HJ)