The TV Thread

19 hours ago, DavidM said:

Probably last time I watched it K9 was on . Being the BBC it is gonna be drenched in PC because that’s become their main focus when it used to be making good programmes . I seem to watch bbc 1 less n less , so much rubbish on it 

doesn't matter how much you watch it they will still demand you stump up the licence fee as if it was the 11th commandment - to think I am paying "mr goody 2 shoes" matt bakers wages makes my blood boil- I should have the right to sack him if I employ him.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

doesn't matter how much you watch it they will still demand you stump up the licence fee as if it was the 11th commandment - to think I am paying "mr goody 2 shoes" matt bakers wages makes my blood boil- I should have the right to sack him if I employ him.

You have the right to turn the telly to another channel when Matt Baker's on, but as you're only one of several millions of licence payers, why should you have the right to sack him? My mum thinks he's lovely.

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

You have the right to turn the telly to another channel when Matt Baker's on, but as you're only one of several millions of licence payers, why should you have the right to sack him? My mum thinks he's lovely.

well I don't - do I? cos I cant own a stupid telly for any reason unless I am conforming to draconian broadcast rules 

30 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Do you lot still hide behind the sofa when the Dalek appears?

Graveyard Johnny hides behind the telly to avoid the licensing van

• Haha 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Finished watching Erased on Netflix last night. Felt like it could have held together more strongly, especially in the final two episodes, but there are some excellent performances and it looks and feels decent throughout.

Some gubbins about it: https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/netflix-erased-review/

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I’m watching Strangers and I’m really bemused about where this guy is getting all his money from . He popped to Hong Kong to get a body and he’s seemingly by good luck loaded with cash and lots of clothes 

18 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

The travelogue Gordon, Gino, & Fred's Road Trip is one of the funniest things on ITV this year. Hilarious.

if this is banks, Washington and dibnah I might be interested- if its just more insufferable chefs getting air time then no thanks

6 hours ago, Rawschach said:

Killing Eve 

Blooming excellent from the 2 episodes I have seen so far.

I've only started watching it this evening. Utterly bonkers!

The trailers have been criminally mis-selling this show.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Apparently this is real....

Yep that’s increasingly the main terrestrial channels ! I wonder how the celebs on the farm went , I seemed to have missed it . When you get these TV guides it’s just page after page of this kind of rubbish

• Like 1

I made America great again by watching Amazon Prime's take on Jack Ryan starring him out of the US office (not him, the other one), some big black bloke and a nice blonde woman.

There are a lot of times the plot makes you go, "You what? How could not one of the forty people in the room notice something so basic?" but if you ride with that then it's actually pretty decent. Episode 8 doesn't have the tension of the previous seven so feels an oddly flat way of ending the series but it's still pretty satisfying.

I started watching Dark Tourist on Netflix . Basically a kiwi Louis Theroux going to off the wall places meeting off the wall people , like a trip round the Fukushima exclusion zone . Not bad 

Edited by DavidM