Football

9 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

United are rubbish. 

This is the fundamental problem.

Ole has a summer to sort it out. I hope he has a good Director of Football he can trust.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Do Arsenal have the bottle for a top 4 spot ? No , gutless away from home , no defence , ex-players seem to think they have improved under the new Manager , but i can`t see it ."same as it ever was" in the words of Talking Heads .......Let Sanchez go.....kept Ozil.......let Ramsey go...kept Ozil .Still 7-2 for Wolves half time /full time so who`s bothered........and they play Leicester away next......lovely .

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

PFA Team of the Year then

Unsurprisingly it’s virtually the City attack and midfield complete with Liverpool’s great defence almost intact.

Think Pogba has had the rub of the green with the voting window coming at a good time for him.

87F561FE-AFC0-4247-8FDE-C66E6762669E.jpeg

Pogba? That’s a total joke . You’re right the lazy votes must have come in when he had his good month . There’s many a midfielder who’ve been bothered more and shown a lot more for their respective talents . Son ? Hazard ? Neves ? Gueye? Maddison ? David Silva ? Etc etc 

• Like 2

If you take out Man City and Liverpool players (and Pogba), then there’s certainly an interesting shout for who would be Team of the Year.  This would be my choice:

GK:  Ben Foster (Watford)

Others I considered: Martin Dubravka (Newcastle Utd), Lukasz Fabianski (West Ham) and Matthew Etheridge (Cardiff City) 

LB: Lucas Digne (Everton)

Others I considered: Jose Holebas (Watford), Ben Chilwell (Leicester) and Luke Shaw (Manchester Utd)

CB: Antonio Rudiger (Chelsea)

Others I considered: Conor Coady (Wolves), Nathan Ake (Bournemouth), Shane Duffy (Brighton) and Jamaal Lascelles (Newcastle Utd)

CB: Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham)

Others I considered: Fabian Schar (Newcastle Utd), Michael Keane (Everton), James Tarkowski (Burnley) and Jannick Vestergaard (Southampton) 

RB: Matt Doherty (Wolves)

Others I considered: Aaron Wan Bissaka (Crystal Palace), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea) and Ricardo Pereira (Leicester)

LM: Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth)

Others I considered: Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace), Felipe Anderson (West Ham) and Dwight McNeill (Burnley)

AM/CM: Eden Hazard (Chelsea)

Others I considered: Joao Mountinho (Wolves), Paul Pogba (Manchester United),   Gylfi Sigurdsson (Everton) and James Maddison (Leicester)

DM: Declan Rice (West Ham)

Others I considered: Idrissa Gueye (Everton), Luka Miliviojevic (Crystal Palace),  Ruben Neves (Wolves) and Abdoulaye Doucoure (Watford)

RM: Ayoze Perez (Newcastle Utd)

Others I considered: Lucas Moura (Tottenham),  Nathan Redmond (Southampton) and Andros Townsend (Crystal Palace)

FW: Heung-min Son (Tottenham)

Others I considered: Richarlison (Everton), Jimenez (Wolves) Callum Wilson (Bournemouth)

FW: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) 

Others I considered: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester Utd) and Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

• Like 4

1. Alisson (Liverpool)

2. Doherty (Wolves)

3. Robertson (Liverpool)

4. Van Dijk (Liverpool)

5. Laporte (City)

6. Ferdandinho (City)

7. Wijnaldum (Liverpool)

8. B Silva (City)

9. Mane (Liverpool)

10. Son (Spurs)

11. Sterling (City)

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

PFA Team of the Year then

Unsurprisingly it’s virtually the City attack and midfield complete with Liverpool’s great defence almost intact.

Think Pogba has had the rub of the green with the voting window coming at a good time for him.

87F561FE-AFC0-4247-8FDE-C66E6762669E.jpeg

Pogba and Arnold who’s been good but also hit and miss at times are lucky to get into that team. 

Cheeky gits! And here was I, about to say complimentary things about Liverpool. Not now! I hope the scouse barstewards get flogged in every game.?

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Liverpool will probably finish on 97pts, losing just one league game... 

...and still not win the title! 

But maybe... 

I think that will be the case. Can’t see City dropping any points unfortunately. 

Amazing performance by both teams though - you expect from City but Liverpool have been immense this year to compete with this City side.

• Like 1

It’s all kicking off at Leeds . To kick out or not to kick out as Shakespeare wrote . Personally I feel if the ref doesn’t stop the game play on . That much cheating diving and time wasting now . Leave it to players and as we see it’s confusion and mayhem.

Be interesting to see who has the all important momentum going into the playoffs now. Leeds have looked strong all year but it’s always tough on the team that just misses out on automatic promotion.