Football

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So within a crowd of what ? , 50,000 you seriously think you can identify , catch and prosecute every numpty that decides he's going to wind up the player on the opposition team ? , And that there won't be another one the week after ? , Who having seen it get a reaction ( which is why they did it in the 1st place ) will do it again ?

If you were serious, you could do it.

The entire crowd at a football match is watched throughout the whole game.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

If you were serious, you could do it.

The entire crowd at a football match is watched throughout the whole game.

Better still , just don't bother with a crowd , use the non racist inflatables and add in piped in singing , job done 

The only way it will ever stop is for the players ( and I know this isn't easy ) to completely ignore it 

7 minutes ago, Niels said:

I watch the Scottish Championship games on Fridays now. No racism there. 

No real cheating or diving or offside goals and debatable penalties exxlusively for the top teams. 

I enjoy watching the Spanish 2nd Division. Some really good football on show... 

...and for free. ? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs3Gqvp1tO-nK-XNzFlopsg

• Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

13 minutes ago, Niels said:

Thanks I will watch. 

There are some very strong teams there.

I like Tenerife and Mallorca, they used to play in La Liga but so did a lot of the clubs.

This weekend...

Saturday 

Deportivo La Coruna v Rayo Majadahonda 3pm

Extremadura v Almeria  & Granada v Malaga 5pm

Real Oviedo v Las Palmas 7.30pm

Sunday 

Alcorcon v Albacete 11am

Lugo v Osasuna 3pm

Gimnastic v Numancia 5pm

Elche v Cordoba 7pm

Monday

Cadiz v Real Zaragoza 8pm

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

And in shock other news Joey Barton is being investigated for alleged assault 

sounds like it wasn't just handbags either according to witnesses 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

And in other(not so) shock news, the ref blatantly favours the home team at Old Trafford ? No wonder my interest wanes more and more each year.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

And in shock other news Joey Barton is being investigated for alleged assault 

I’m surprised he even got a managers job but that was only because he knows the Fleetwood Town owner.

Dont managers in FL have to pass a criminal records test?

Just now, Mr Plow said:

I’m surprised he even got a managers job but that was only because he knows the Fleetwood Town owner.

Dont managers in FL have to pass a criminal records test?

Football is like no other industry by the look of it . An odious character with  his track record getting all the chances in the game and media he has 

44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Football is like no other industry by the look of it . An odious character with  his track record getting all the chances in the game and media he has 

Yeah true. I can’t wait to hear him on talksport next week spouting the usual ######

So Leeds are falling apart again...................or maybe not!!!

Twitchy bum time for the automatic spots in the championship - 10 more pints and we're up!

• Haha 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

14 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

10 more pints and we're up!

I refuse to accept this is a typo and admire your relative abstinence.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I refuse to accept this is a typo and admire your relative abstinence.

It's actually not far from the truth come to think of it! ?

• Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/4094010/fort-william-scotland-highland-league-deer-poo-worst-football-teams/

Fortwilliam  try to ensure they didn't lose last week…….    sadly they did.

Edited by Irish Saint

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

This is one of the more staggering stories you may read , and probably one of the most gullible panels you’ll hear of ... Remember Wayne Hennessy and his alleged ‘ nazi salute ‘ . The panel accepted the 32year old’s , yes 32 ,  defence that he had no idea what a nazi salute was and knew nothing of nazism or hitler . Which is understandable given how little tv and film there is on this general subject 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

This is one of the more staggering stories you may read , and probably one of the most gullible panels you’ll hear of ... Remember Wayne Hennessy and his alleged ‘ nazi salute ‘ . The panel accepted the 32year old’s , yes 32 ,  defence that he had no idea what a nazi salute was and knew nothing of nazism or hitler . Which is understandable given how little tv and film there is on this general subject 

Have you tried some of the documentary channels on Sky? Wall-to-Wall World War 2 docs, yes, I know you were trying sarcasm.

• Haha 1