Football

He just wants them to be known as "Hull Tigers", dropping the word "City", so there can't be any reason for thinking they're anything to do with Hull City Council, against whom he seems to have a long standing vendetta.

All because he thought the Council should give him the stadium because he saved the football club.

I suspect you're not far off the mark.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Life in the non-leagues!

Goole Captain sacked after being sent over he seemingly took offense to comments from the crowd and decided to go have a "chat"!

Obviously with it being 2014 a camera phone was on hand, not work safe, not for the easily offended, not to be played in front of the kids etc etc etc - Goole Video.

Had the pleasure yesterday myself of going to Congleton v Wigan Robin Park to cover a proper non-league mud bath!

Ched Evans has got some high-level support for his case.

What's the betting that he's released pretty sharpish to avoid any open enquiry into the handling of the original trial.

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2014/news/former-weekly-editor-in-bid-to-clear-footballer-of-rape/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I see Stephen Gerrard has donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group. Good man*.

*cue predictable posts about how it's easy for him, he's minted.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sky and BT are big rivals for football coverage and francises.

Last week, apprently, Any Gray appeared on one of  BT's football programmes.

Amazingly, this former Sky TV outtake has appeared in the the cybersphere.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andy-gray-richard-keys-new-3095678

"Jim White" is trending already.

Fingers cross a Premier League side panicks and signs Ivan Ramis without having time for a medical, Crystal Palace looking favourites at the moment!

Quality player, just rarely sign showing that quality on the pitch!

Sky and BT are big rivals for football coverage and francises.

Last week, apprently, Any Gray appeared on one of  BT's football programmes.

Amazingly, this former Sky TV outtake has appeared in the the cybersphere.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andy-gray-richard-keys-new-3095678

There are probably loads out there.

I have it good authority that Andy Gray is a Grade A [naughty word].

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Check out the Met Police results so far... :D

1601334_10152641737083636_566257630_n.jp

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A fortnight at Swansea City.

Two weeks ago; two players ... Gary Monk and Chic Flores ...  involved in a fight at the training ground. Flores was alleged to have picked up a brick during the incident.The police are called by a member of the public.

Last Saturday; Flores has the top of his head brushed by a stupid waving arm from West Ham's Andy Carroll. Flores goes to ground like Olga Korbut would if she'd been hit by Mike Tyson. Carroll gets sent off and banned for three games when a booking would have been sufficient.

Monday; Club Chairman states that rumours of the Manager, Michael Laudrup, facing the sack are ridiculous.

Tuesday; Laudrup sacked, Monk appointed manager.

Wednesday; fans from all over the country get down the bookies and put money on the Swans to be relegated.

Looks like David Beckham has got himself a MLS franchise, to be based in Miami.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feeling sorry for Laudrup, he did a fair job at swansea in my opinion. They were only 3 points worse off this year than they were this time last year i'm sure the Euro schedule and unfortunate injuries didnt help plus it seems many teams have figured out their attractive yet predictable style. Hopefully they dont appoint Owen Coyle or some other chicken in a basket manager and get someone progressive on board like Zdenek zeman or Eusabio de Francesco etc.

I took in Macclesfield v Chester on Tuesday night, I'm sure its not intentional but the organisation at Macc couldn't have been more off putting if they'd tried!

No cash on the gate to stand on the terrace, Chester brought 450+ so a queue is formed at the one ticket window open, get in the ground, they've run out of food (queue outside still snaking around the block at this point!) then overly agressive stewards try and "kettle" the fans down one end of the terrace, said end already overcrowded, whilst 2/3 the terrace is empty.

Doesn't seem hard to make football at this level easily accessable and a pleasent experience, especially in a ground that could hold 3 or 4 times the crowd that was on on the night.

Interesting game mind, 3-2 to Macc with 3 goals disallowed (2 for Chester).

This has been knocking around for years, the game itself was conceptualised 50+ years ago and has been played for 20.  In the past, it was more commonly known as Luther Blissett Three-Sided Football, due to its links with Italian anarchists who use the former Watford striker's name as some sort of nom de plume.  It's nice to see that somebody is regularly organising games.

• 2 weeks later...
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)