Football

The Stranraer captain and firefighter Frank McKeown worked through the night on the Glasgow helicopter crash, and played for his Football team hours later.

Not all Footballers are lazy, overpaid prima-donnas.

LINK TO STORY

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

shrek, on 02 Dec 2013 - 2:05 PM, said:

So Wigan have appointed a caretaker manager who the chairman has already sacked once from the full time position, that can't happen to often!

Rumour is that Zdenek Zeman may be in line to take the Wigan hotseat, that would be amazing if true.

Rumour is that Zdenek Zeman may be in line to take the Wigan hotseat, that would be amazing if true.

Not heard that one, but I did read on Wikipedia, so it must be true that Sir Alex was taking over on a 30 day rolling contract!

Can't imagine anyone other than Mike Phelan getting the job myself, despite the fact he was third choice at best over the summer behind Coyle and McClaren.

shrek, on 02 Dec 2013 - 3:27 PM, said:

Not heard that one, but I did read on Wikipedia, so it must be true that Sir Alex was taking over on a 30 day rolling contract!

Can't imagine anyone other than Mike Phelan getting the job myself, despite the fact he was third choice at best over the summer behind Coyle and McClaren.

Though I would love to see Zeman get the job I think Phelan would be a safe bet.

Fantastic!

The FA would appear to be taking an interest.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/FA-confirm-investigation-Hull-City-owner-Assem/story-20248987-detail/story.html

Oh, how sweet. It will be very difficult to estimate the huge numbers of toys flying out the pram soon.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

So we have Assem Allam and Zdenek Zeman, AA to ZZ, are the football league going to ask somone to appoint Quintin Queen just so they have all the alphabet covered>

Steve Bruce says Ass em Allam was misinterpreted when he said Hull City Tigers fans could "die as soon as they want".

He says the Hull City Tigers owner "still hasn't quite grasped the English language".

Well, he wouldn't have yet, would he. After all, he's only been over here 45 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25179537

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Think they're his brothers, not sons.

Just checked, and you're correct - must be quite an age gap.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Incredible night, both in Istanbul where the Galatasaray v Juventus match was abandoned because of a heavy hail storm, and in Munich where Bayern were 2-0 up, but are now 2-3 down to Manchester City. City need one more goal to be group winners

Incredible night, both in Istanbul where the Galatasaray v Juventus match was abandoned because of a heavy hail storm, and in Munich where Bayern were 2-0 up, but are now 2-3 down to Manchester City. City need one more goal to be group winners

And Swindon win 3-1 on penalties to reach the Southern Area Final of the Johnstons Paint Trophy.

Much more important than the CL.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Fantastic!

The FA would appear to be taking an interest.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/FA-confirm-investigation-Hull-City-owner-Assem/story-20248987-detail/story.html

Oh, how sweet. It will be very difficult to estimate the huge numbers of toys flying out the pram soon.

They really will be flying if the FA computer says no.

'Hull Tigers' tensions rising as Hull City apply to FA to change name - and fans plan Stoke protest

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.