Kingstone Press Championship: Batley 6 Dewsbury 21

NickD

Cos they are. Win at hunslet. Look at us there. Narrow defeat to fax. We lost by 13 there. Thrashed worky and saw off donny on their patch. Pretty good form if you ask me especially looking at the rhinos A score against Leigh at the mo.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bait BSJ?

Keepnet at the ready Bi11!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Great effort tonight and while I will enjoy it, still like us to complete more sets, please!!

Glad the Puppies forgot Reittie was on the wing most of the game, hardly gave him the ball. Thought we were immense in defense, especially toward end of first half. Great team effort and some quality performances in the forwards

Well done lads, fantastic effort, now rest up for Mon. Bring on the Bulls and a big crowd

Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

Glad the Puppies forgot Reittie was on the wing most of the game, hardly gave him the ball. /quote]

I'm afraid this has been the story of our last two seasons and seems to be a JK gameplan....

We have two decent wingers in reittie and campbell (when fit) and we never seem to give them the ball.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

I wasn't far off!

I was - and am very pleased to have been so.

Our defence was very good tonight. I thought we did well pegging them back in the first half with the kicking and making their forwards chug back up the hill. Did Reittie actually get the ball down at, or over the line for his try? Did we have two conversations overturned which should have been awarded? Can't wait for the highlights.

Well done lads, but we will need to complete against Bradford and clean up our indiscipline.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Glad the Puppies forgot Reittie was on the wing most of the game, hardly gave him the ball

Don't get me started on this 'game plan'. He'd have had at least one more try in the first half if Day had released the ball before being (wrongfully) penalised for a double movement. It's not the first game this season we've kept our wingers out of plays either and I can't think why!

SIGNATURE

Very nice of you to say so Tranqulizer but I'm sure your lads will try their best

Never mind piggy, look on the bright side - your Easter can only get better - mine can only get worse - I'm nearly jealous. ;)  Actually, I'll be quite happy if the dogs and the rams leapfrog each other until the big split - Dews 6th Batley 7th has a nice ring to it (anything better is unlikely) and would probably guarantee safety for both clubs. Great result, and well done lads.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think Paul Jackson and Ryan Hepworth made a great impact when they came off the bench in the second half.

Batley seem to thrive in chaos, so it was important to have players out there capable of settling things down and helping us complete sets.

As the game wore in we seemed to learn how to control the speed of play. Sprinting to take tap 20s at the end of the first half at 14-0 and having just defended back to back sets wasn't necessary though!

Our completion wasn't great and we seemed to concede a high number of repeat sets, which I thought would prove to be our undoing, but good defence - coupled with Batley's inability to muster anything on the last other than a hoof in the air - won us the game.

We were very clinical near Batley's line and not as wasteful in good positions as we have been in previous weeks.

Hemingway's kicking game was excellent, and Thacks and Wildie also chipped in.

Tom

A great team performance, at least in spirit, with some awesome defence in the first half and a very good kicking game. We wore out their pack in the first half, despite them having the majority of the ball, by constantly pegging them back with early kicks - they were blowing bubbles by the end.

If we can improve our ball retention, discipline and decision making we will be a very good side in this division - they are three big ifs though.

Overall very pleased with last night - especially glad I'm not a Batley fan, for whom this may seem like an ominous season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

you did good, like the lad hepworth thats for sure,we did plenty of work in the first 40 but came to 0,time for a few changes me thinks and without a propper fb and 7 were only going one way am afraid to say... we all said their will be a few suprise along the way this season and am quite sure you will upset a few more along the way// :download: see yers monday..

Who would you nominate as MoM? It was a real team effort but someone had to win it:

Hale got through loads of work, Wildie had one of his best games since joining us but Grady probably just shaded it for me.

Archived