25-26 Jul: The Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 25th JULY
Oxford v Barrow Raiders KO 5pm at Prince Of Wales Stadium, Cheltenham
South Wales Scorpions v York City Knights KO 6pm
University of Gloucestershire All Golds v London Skolars KO 2pm

SUNDAY 26th JULY
Hemel Stags v Coventry Bears KO 2.30pm
Keighley Cougars v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Oldham KO 2.30pm
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm            

Big game for thunder, after the loss at york last Sunday we need a very good performance to have a chance of beating the cougars, we have some very good players in our side though they haven't been performing very well lately, we will either get hammered again on Sunday or we will win big, I hope we win big, 1 huge boost is winger Stuart sanderson is back at thunder having signed from Doncaster, he played for us in 08 and 09 seasons, top winger who can score trys,and his experience should help us alot, he should play on Sunday, bring on keighley! Let's get our playoff push back on track!! Boom boom thunder army!!

Some cracking fixtures this weekend. Can Keighley overcome their recent dip in form or Thunder come back after losing at York?  Swinton seem to be hitting good form again but Rochdale will fight tooth and nail to get the points. Then its First v Third at the Racecourse. Can Crusaders beat Oldham for the 3rd time of asking and keep their up their recent winning streak?

I'm going for home advantage in all three of these games but draws at Keigley and Swinton would suit me. It will be a mighty close game for Crusaders but I think they will have the edge... just.

Oxford's own pitch having work done it, I believe they have already played one home game at Hemel as well and have another planned there too.  Double header at Prince of Wales all for £10. Hopefully another home win for All Golds.

Some cracking fixtures this weekend. Can Keighley overcome their recent dip in form or Thunder come back after losing at York?  Swinton seem to be hitting good form again but Rochdale will fight tooth and nail to get the points. Then its First v Third at the Racecourse. Can Crusaders beat Oldham for the 3rd time of asking and keep their up their recent winning streak?

I'm going for home advantage in all three of these games but draws at Keigley and Swinton would suit me. It will be a mighty close game for Crusaders but I think they will have the edge... just.

See we've got Gareth Hewer as ref for the second week running.

Completely by chance, I'm in Gloucester this weekend. Not sure i can sneak off to watch 2 games though.

Crusaders/Oldham, Swinton/Rochdale both going to have a fair impact on the top 5 spots. Hemel/Coventry should be a close one as well.

Local derby at sedgely park

Swinton have found their form at long last

so should be an interesting fixture against a strong Hornets team

Always a warm welcome for the Great Wayne English

Looking forward to this one as always. If we can bring our A game as we did at Crusaders and Newcastle it'll be another bedwetter. Wayne got a knock last week, but played the full 80 mins - he continues to be a legend.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Really not sure how the Cougars will go.

Our injury list just gets worse.

We have lost 3 of our major players for the season.

We have lost both our halves. Tiger out for the season and the tragic loss of Danny Jones.

I think we are now looking at a play off place.

if you're so sure then go and put a grand on it at the bookies. Personally I think Oldham will come top and win the first promotion place but things are so close I wouldn't put money on it.

So have you got a grand on Oldham coming top?

Well, that was a thoroughly depressing afternoon at a Racecourse Ground where the weather was more like the old Watersheddings in December than North Wales in July. Certainly the worst I've seen the Cru play all season, including the second half at Keighley. All credit to Oldham, though, who are on this showing a well organised side whose players know where they're meant to be and what to do when they're there. The worry for their supporters would be how long they can keep Scott Naylor as coach as he seems to be doing a very good job. By-the-by, does anyone know why the ko was delayed?

Freezing cold and driving rain all through the match at Pennine Way.

Both Hemel and Coventry struggled to deal with the conditions. It could have gone either way.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Was a pleasure to be at Cheltenham yesterday.

Immense defence but an all round display from the Skolars.. Lamont Bryan was well worth the man of match award.

Oxfords late rally was due reward for there effort throughout. Ref seemingly evening up the penalty count late on with

the game already won..  

Archived