Leigh to ignore Salary Cap

Do you have evidence of that vote Parky?

Also, leigh fans are entirely missing the point here, perhaps wilfully (ironically). No one is arguing you should shut up and accept the rules without question, by all means open debate and pursue changes. But Beaumont is wanting to just ignore them and do what he wants because it doesn't suit him.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="dkw" post="3213593" timestamp="1444736227

No one is arguing you should shut up and accept the rules without question,

Please DKW read through this thread again, there are plenty of posts saying exactly that.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

According to the press, the Championship clubs had already voted unanimously for the new structure before the SL clubs voted on it, so I don't think your assertion that it was imposed on them is correct......

The RFL proposals already had the backing of the Championship clubs, even though under the new format four of them will be relegated to Championship One at the end of this season to create a 12-team division. Everybody now knows where we are going to be in the forthcoming season. It has still to be ratified by the RFL board of directors but there was a majority vote from the Super League clubs and there was unanimous support from the Championship clubs so it should be a rubber-stamping exercise.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12204/9120746/super-league-to-be-cut-to-12-teams-from-2015-season-after-new-structure-is-agreed

Corrections always welcome and that is a big help.

We know the SL clubs voted 7-6 with the six rebels not wanting to give the Championship clubs anything much.

How far the championship vote was "unanimous" one can only accept Hetherington's word 

How far the championship clubs unanimously backed the "Qualifiers" depends on whether the only other thing to back was the rebels asserting the beggars should get nowt.

Floating about at the time was a proposal to promote and relegate on a two year cycle, I suppose they did not get to vote on that. As much as the Championship clubs may have accepted the system was their alternative no P & R at all??

Do you have evidence of that vote Parky?

Matryn Sadlers editorial stated that was the vote but you will remember SL clubs were split down the middle.

There was "unfinished business" as a result and a power struggle to come, but not yet.

However I take Derwents original point backed by Padge if the qualifiers don't  work, it could be resignations, a new regime and back to licensing. 

hence it's in all the Championships clubs interest to back Beaumont, but guess what.......

petty squabbling....

Leigh cant ignore the cap as the RFL sanction the contracts and they ARE monitored closely - I would also like to add that my new employee Mrs Hansen is doing a sterling job and fully deserves her £100k pa salary as a PA

lol,

though presumably for Beaumont's decking company, rather than Leigh Centurions RLFC, eh?

*Marwan's it*

lol,

though presumably for Beaumont's decking company, rather than Leigh Centurions RLFC, eh?

*Marwan's it*

No, my business is much bigger than Dereks employing 4500 people in the UK and we do not currently or have recently sponsored LRL - her wps is now up to 5 after just 2 weeks btw

As far as I can find out these Rules were imposed on the Championship clubs?

Not at all, totally untrue, from what I can find out, this system was brought in on a minority vote amongst 13 SL clubs?

Again try to look at the facts here, this system was imposed by a minority vote amongst SL clubs.

This decision to go for a middle eight was made on the back of very little indeed.

It's a fallacy Leigh ever agreed to the rules, and it looks to me (corrections welcome) that they were drawn up on a fag packet and passed on one vote by only the SL clubs who stood to gain from the unfairness of it all.

Immediately this rushed vote had gone through Martyn Sadler pointed out in his editorial that the RFL and the  SL clubs had created a competition in which the funding for it was wildly disparate.

Most replies on here just seem to be made for the joy of having a go at Leigh whether their outspoken bullish chairman, their allegedly niggly poor losers team, or their cocky fans.

I don't think Leigh ever had a vote on this, or agreed to the rules.

They gave it a damn good go, but it does seem to have dawned on their chairman, through the experience this year of bashing all the CC clubs only to be bashed by the SL clubs in the final analysis that the competition is well and truly rigged.

So Leigh (and all other Championship clubs) agreed the rules at the beginning of the season so don't blest about it now not being fair etc

If Leigh, or anyone else, wants to change the rules then do it properly via the correct channels not by unilaterally stating that they will ignore certain ones which is what has occurred this time around

The attitude of some of the Leigh club staff, players & fans has left a lot to be desired this season hence why so many people are against their attitude etc. unfortunately for the majority of fans and players & staff they are tainted by the words and actions of others

Tell me Barney, and please be honest, throughout your life have you ever made a decision which on reflection has had you say "this is not right" which has made you question the functionality of whatever it is especially if it recognised to have its "flaws" do you:-

Just lump it and carry on regardless, or

Try to do something about it, not to gain any added advantage, but to even things out for all concerned.

If you tell me it is option one, firstly I would say I don't believe you, secondly I would say have you no gumption, knowing whole heartedly that something is wrong you would do nothing about it and just follow.

Any legislation that is brought in has a period that is a learning curve, why, because all contingencies will never ever be covered in the first draft, they are then looked at and modified to suit all concerned unless there is an ulterior motive by the author to weight the rules in favour of one party! If that is the case then the whole thing is a complete sham and a waste of time and effort.

I have made many 'flawed" decisions,in both my personal and professional life. What I have always attempted to do is fairly and without breaking either the laws of the land or the code of ethics that I sometimes worked under, rectify my mistake. I've even been know to swear and curse my own stupidity, but I have never considered being underhand in my attempts to make things right.

I am sorry, but a great many Leigh fans are playing the martyr here whilst ignoring the actual topic, which was the original dummy spit. Subsequent videos and press releases are all well and good, but the initial "I'll ignore the cap" statement is the one that exposes Beaumont's  child like behaviour.

I'd go so far as to suppose that he, like the vast majority of Leigh and Championship fans (including myself) thought that Leigh would face off against Wakefield in the end-game and his dummy spit was just the reaction of a disappointed fan. The aftermath and subsequent claims of unfairness may well be valid....but that is not the topic under debate...as the more adult approach is younger than this thread!

Get off the cross guys.....we really do need the wood!

Out of order trying to make Beaumont out to be underhanded when all he want to do is sign the best players he can and then pay them what they're worth,especially as he wants to do it in a open and transparent way.

Why can't he just stick to the rules and if he wants to change things ask the clubs to vote an a change to the rules.

If his case is as strong as some claim the clubs will vote for his proposed changes.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Why can't he just stick to the rules and if he wants to change things ask the clubs to vote an a change to the rules.

If his case is as strong as some claim the clubs will vote for his proposed changes.

That's exactly the point. If he thinks he has a strong case and can persuade other clubs of it then he should take it to the RFL Council and get a democratic decision. It's really not that difficult for him to achieve what he wants if he can put together a coherent proposal, so why go through all of this public posturing ? Smacks of an ego massaging exercise to me.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

maybe he has been advised by our friends from across the borough that the reward outweighs the pain eg Fielden etc I am sure Cas would have voted for the exemption at the time. 

We have just come through the first year of the new structure, we must decide do we want a charade or a real scrap imo the decision of the rfl will answer that.

maybe he has been advised by our friends from across the borough that the reward outweighs the pain eg Fielden etc I am sure Cas would have voted for the exemption at the time. 

We have just come through the first year of the new structure, we must decide do we want a charade or a real scrap imo the decision of the rfl will answer that.

Fielden has get sweet FA to do with this.

If you want to discuss Fielden start a thread.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

He makes that pretty clear in the interview,the players he's got/wants wont be available if he waits around to long

He makes that pretty clear in the interview,the players he's got/wants wont be available if he waits around to long

But he is operating under the current rules, if he overspends that's his problem and he will have to accept the consequences. 

Why was he so in favour of the current system if its so unfair.

So Leigh (and all other Championship clubs) agreed the rules at the beginning of the season so don't blest about it now not being fair etc

If Leigh, or anyone else, wants to change the rules then do it properly via the correct channels 

The attitude of some of the Leigh club staff, players & fans has left a lot to be desired this season hence why so many people are against their attitude etc. unfortunately for the majority of fans and players & staff they are tainted by the words and actions of others

I am sorry, but a great many Leigh fans are playing the martyr here whilst ignoring the actual topic, which was the original dummy spit. Subsequent videos and press releases are all well and good, but the initial "I'll ignore the cap" statement is the one that exposes Beaumont's  child like behaviour.

I'd go so far as to suppose that he, like the vast majority of Leigh and Championship fans thought that Leigh would face off against Wakefield in the end-game and his dummy spit was just the reaction of a disappointed fan. 

Jeez, all this Leigh bashing and ignoring the actual point.

The championship clubs got stuck with this bent system, they weren't given choices.

Jeez, all this Leigh bashing and ignoring the actual point.

The championship clubs got stuck with this bent system, they weren't given choices.

The championship clubs voted for it, they are therefore all complicit in it being bent.

I'm saving for a new Mercedes, but the prices may well go up by the time I can afford it, so I think i'll just steal one....... :tease:

You cheap sod if you have to save up for a Merc, they are a consumable. I had built up a perception that you were successful, the poop assuming gets you in eh

I'm saving for a new Mercedes, but the prices may well go up by the time I can afford it, so I think i'll just steal one....... :tease:

You work harder you'll get your merc,sle is a members club only,some times it isnt enough to just work hard

Archived