Super League Dream Team.

Hvy wg

To be honest, I've only watched Superleague on the telly, as we've been otherwise engaged. However, this is my choice:

1. Escare

2. McGillvary

3. Watkins

4. Bateman

5. Makinson

6. Brough

7. Kelly

8. Cuthbertson

9. Houghton

10. Lynch

11. Taia

12. Whitehead

13. Westwood

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Burgess and Farrell ... Really ??!!! There's been several wingers on excellent and consistent form ahead of Burgess , and guys like Whitehead , Currie , Minichiello , Greenwood etc surely more deserving than Farrell . I wouldn't have either of those on my England team either.

Farrell has been outstanding this year, often dragging Wigan back into games when oloughlin has been missing but I would still have had Bateman in ahead of him, I don't think Burgess has been as good as last year and would have Manfredi ahead of him, I think Peacock has been picked only because it's his last year and would have Cuthbertson or Hill at prop with Walmsley and Currie or Whitehead in the back row, Williams unlucky not to make it at 6 but Broughy has been good

Having watched him play all season I feel reasonably qualified to say how well he's played, it was implied he wasn't deserving of a place and in my opinion he has played very well, I watch him every week so I know how well he's done, that's all it was, what's wrong with that? Curries played very well, Taia has been excellent, whitehead and minichello also and I said I'd have Currie/whitehead in the team too as well as Taia so what's the problem? The whole team is about opinions so why moan just because someone's is different to yours

Bateman has had a better season than Farrell.

There is another 2nd rower who's had as good a season as Bateman, that's Taia and he's in there.

Burgess has been the best wingman all year despite an early dip in form. He's faster than the rest, scores tries and who's defence is excellent. Unlike McGillvary, SL top try scorer but who's missed over 40 tackles this year. 

All opinions, how did Peacock get in over Hill?

I am sure I am missing something but I just don't get the Burgess thing. He is a good winger but I would put Hall, McGillvary and Briscoe well ahead of him and Lineham and Makinson on a par.

I would understand if he was consistently good but he was very poor at the beginning of the year.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Burgess has been the best wingman all year despite an early dip in form. He's faster than the rest

Is he, I didn't realise. Can you share the stats please.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I am sure I am missing something but I just don't get the Burgess thing. He is a good winger but I would put Hall, McGillvary and Briscoe well ahead of him and Lineham and Makinson on a par.

I would understand if he was consistently good but he was very poor at the beginning of the year.

I might put Manfredi ahead of Burgess on this season's try-scoring feats.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I might put Manfredi ahead of Burgess on this season's try-scoring feats.

This. Manfredi has been a human wrecking ball, so much broken tackles in little games. He's a weapon and I'm more afraid of him than I'm of Burgess.

Wigan is a good place for wingers, they made Charnley look like a world beater.

Have to agree with rest of the non pies that Farrell is the only one that leaves you scratching your head.  Fair doo's for the rest.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I've said before I think Manfredi is wigans best winger and if he was a regular he'd be in the England set up

With Burgess off to Easts, I hope and expect that Manfredi will be a first choice pick on the wing next season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

With Burgess off to Easts, I hope and expect that Manfredi will be a first choice pick on the wing next season.

Spotted this stat: Tries scored in their first 30 Wigan games

Martin Offiah 37

Billy Boston 35

Dom Manfredi 31

Joe Burgess 27

Josh Charnley 24

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived