SL Grand Final must sell out

IM2

They should have a big marquee with England RL logo on it in Sir Matt Busby way, selling tickets for the England v New Zealand games and the England v France game at Leigh.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just looks a bit amateur when they say "sold out" and then within 3 clicks you look and see there are plenty of blocks available with single tickets left

Yep - agreed! Say it is a sell out when they have all gone or practically just before the event!

They should have a big marquee with England RL logo on it in Sir Matt Busby way, selling tickets for the England v New Zealand games and the England v France game at Leigh.

Absolutely! What are the odds? I am not going to the Final but please let me know if this actually happens. It is something the game should certainly be doing.

It just looks a bit amateur when they say "sold out" and then within 3 clicks you look and see there are plenty of blocks available with single tickets left

The RFL have history of this kind of thing. I wanted to attend the 1995 WC semi involving Australia and New Zealand in what turned out to be a cracking game. I didn't bother because the RFL had it down as sold out. The attendance on the day was approximately 16,000 at Huddersfield.

rldfsignature.jpg

the RFL have messed up big time here I think... there are absolutely loads of sections available now on the website that weren't available this morning. have tickets been returned?

Probably individual seats but still a mess up!

NB - to add to that, this is the Solly quote on the www.superleague.co.uk website:

“I am delighted that there will be a full house to watch the game on Saturday between the two top teams in the Super League this year and I can’t wait to watch what promises to be a great event!”

Read more at http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/33162/2015-first-utility-super-league#RrYd7GJtskZ5klGY.99

He actually doesn't state it is sold out. I wonder if someone has jumped the gun?

What difference does it make to say it has sold out four days before the game as opposed to waiting a day or two until it actually is? If only 500 seats are left unsold because people thought it was sold out when it wasn't, that's anywhere between £10,000 and £25,000 of lost revenue.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Positive press, saying sold out now shows the game in a good light

It you anno this on the day no time to get it in papers

Will anyone notice? Why not wait until the day before the game? Then it'll get into the papers and actually be sold out. You can't just make things up, especially nowadays when the evidence is slap bang in front of people's faces easily via the internet. It is also counter-productive. With that extra £25k in revenue, the RFL could also employ another development officer for example.

Positive press, saying sold out now shows the game in a good light

It you anno this on the day no time to get it in papers

Not sure it will to be honest. I don't think selling out a rugby game is a story in its own right - even with all the guff printed about the RUWC, we haven't had a breathless 'JAPAN V NAMIBIA SELLS OUT' type headline.

On the day, we'll refer to any crowd above 70,000 as a sellout anyway.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Will anyone notice? Why not wait until the day before the game? Then it'll get into the papers and actually be sold out. You can't just make things up, especially nowadays when the evidence is slap bang in front of people's faces easily via the internet. It is also counter-productive. With that extra £25k in revenue, the RFL could also employ another development officer for example.

I agree in principle, however the sold out signs in advance are a positive thing, next year it should let people know that they can't pay on the day, or even leave it to the last week.

I know Leeds were working on a waiting list basis, so assume the RFL and WIgan have also.

Also, if all they have left are single seats, then they may not be able to sell these at all, so it would be a technical sell out.

I've just forwarded this idea on to the powers that be at Red Hall. Excellent opportunity to certainly sellout the Test Matches at Hull and Wigan.

As of about a minute ago there are still 78 bays with individual tickets still available in them.

And that surely is the issue. How many people will be wanting to go the final on their own? We can't suddenly start playing a game of muscial seats with the odd ones left to squeeze a couple more folk in.

And that surely is the issue. How many people will be wanting to go the final on their own? We can't suddenly start playing a game of muscial seats with the odd ones left to squeeze a couple more folk in.

I get that, but the point is they're still there and individual seats have been selling well for the last 2 days. I wouldn't have a problem getting a seat in the same section as some friends if that was the only option

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

I agree in principle, however the sold out signs in advance are a positive thing, next year it should let people know that they can't pay on the day, or even leave it to the last week.

I agree - however, less of a positive if people know there are still seats available; people won't buy it hence the debate on here and we are relatively postiive as a whole compared to the rest of the game's supporter base!

Announced on the Radio 5 sports bulletin as a record crowd. That's a positive.

If anyone's attending, remember to turn round from empty seat-spotting, because there might be a very good match going on behind you.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You and your obsession with tickets.

Of the less than 500 tickets that remain, how many are single seats?

Stop Making yourself look stupid Michael. You've quoted me as saying all 78 bays have individual seats left.

Announced on the Radio 5 sports bulletin as a record crowd. That's a positive.

If anyone's attending, remember to turn round from empty seat-spotting, because there might be a very good match going on behind you.

Meanwhile on TotalPlasticSeatSpotters.com, this Saturday's final has been announced as a total disaster

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Hey I have no problem with the tickets sold. It'll be amazing to be part of it on Saturday. It's just that if they're going to announce it as a sell out, stop selling tickets that are very publicly available and contradict the powers that be.

If you are going to sell them, tell people that the event has sold that well that there are only individual seats left and make it out that you HAVE TO be there.

That's my only issue.

Archived