49ers release hayne

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 49ers thread I've just seen on this sounds well annoyed - they think Hayne should have been given more opportunities with the football and that his lack of opportunity reflects badly on the club not Hayne.  Off to Seattle, or possibly Detroit, seems to be the view.

49er fans are just ###### out how far their team has fallen since the Super Bowl, and will blame the management for anything. From general NFL fan standpoint (which I am not, but cant get away from) he has really been a non factor since the preseason.

Its somewhat of a double edge sword, him playinng for them. Maybe on one hand he didnt get a fair shake as a result of their dysfunction, but that dysfunction is probably what made them take a chance on him in the first place, both from an on the field perspective, and the fact that he provided a feel good story to distract from all the off season negativity.

Unfortunately for Hayne he picked the least player friendly league in the US to try to make it in. The players contracts aren't guaranteed, making it easier for the NFL to get rid of them, and the NFL is the only league of the big 4 that doesnt have a professional development system. Say for arguments sake he wanted to be a first baseman in baseball, whatever team signed him, could have sent him to the minors for a few season to develop his raw skills.

Another option for him is to play in the CFL, but I don't know much about it, some who can't hack it go and succeed there, and even come back to play in the NFL, while others their bad skills get compounded by the CFL style of play. Besides the money they get payed in Canada is pennies, from an economic standpoint he might as well just get one last good contract from one of the rugby codes before he hits 30.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/15736/jarryd-hayne-became-expendable-with-carlos-hydes-injury

This article implies, while his performance didnt necessarily do him any favors, it really came down to personnel decisions as result of their RB injury situation.

In all honesty, had Jarryd Hayne been born and raise in Richmond and played 4 years at Virginia Tech, and had the same performance outcome, this would have been a small blip on the NFL news radar, because this happens all the time throughout the season.

MEDIA TYPES saying he might be back for the 49ers

That's last week's news after he was one of the 5 men on the 53 man squad who was not selected (inactive) for their most recent game.

Since then he's been cut altogether from the 53 man squad which is a much bigger deal. It means that any other team can claim him in the next few days for their 53 man squad otherwise San Fran can then reclaim him to their practice squad if they choose.

At his age I don't see the point in going on a practice squad especially not for a team that is set for a few years of awfulness.

If he doesn't get picked up by another NFL team in this 48 hr window then I'd advise him to come home to RL.

Fiji in '17...

You know it makes sense...

Is there any reason you're not wanting this thread moved? He's left the game, should lie in his bed and we should get on with talking about the internationals, Shirley?

People called Romans they go the house

Is there any reason you're not wanting this thread moved? He's left the game, should lie in his bed and we should get on with talking about the internationals, Shirley?

Mr Posh = Mr Chuckles

2 reasons -

Moral - Did the NFL put any of our boys in prison recently?

Technical - He's gone to another handling code, so is at least not squandering his talent.

Obvs.

49ers are having a bad season. Much more was expected, so throwing a rookie in has become a no no. Victim of circumstance. He'll get another NFL team no problem.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back with the 9ers in the training squad... where he'll be on a paltry AU $9,200 a week.

No, he will make much less than that. 

However this not the end of the story. A life without setbacks to overcome is not worth celebrating. A new chapter in Jarryd Hayne's life is only just beginning. Before too long he will return to the 49ers roster, get promoted to regular punt returner, score seven magnificent touchdowns from punt returns in one season, and become regarded as one of the greatest NFL players in the history of the game. A best selling book will be written and an award winning movie will be made about his ascetic, woman-free Christian life.

You read it first here on TRL.

• 1 month later...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Each team only has 10 practice squad members, so not enough for a separate team. There essentially part of the regular team, they just aren't eligible to play, and are free agents so if another team want them, they can get the player without having to compensate said players current team.

He started yesterday in the loss to Detroit,rushing for 27 yards on 9 carries and catching 5 passes for 20 yards.

I know less about American football than RU but I'm guessing that 27 rushing yards from 9 carries is having the ball in your hands from not reiciving a pass(i.e. Returning kicks)?? And 20 yards from catching 5 passes are planned moves when on attack??

I know less about American football than RU but I'm guessing that 27 rushing yards from 9 carries is having the ball in your hands from not reiciving a pass(i.e. Returning kicks)?? And 20 yards from catching 5 passes are planned moves when on attack??

I think rushing yards are being given the ball before the line. So still a planned move so although his rushing yards aren't great he'll be pleased with the fact the coach is trying to make use of him. Where as previously he's been more or less stuck in the special teams for kick returns.

Archived