Leigh to announce new signing 8pm Monday

Leigh never employed 'Bullying' tactics, it was the tactic used against us to get a reaction - Leigh employed a one in all in mentality, the consistent element was that it was Leigh v Somebody, and the sum of the somebody's was greater than Leigh's bans.

Most Leigh fans know why the 8's misfired and the close season has been spent to ensure its not repeated.

Ha ha biggest load of tosh ever, the common denominator was Leigh and their thuggery which got massively found out in the 8s. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh never employed 'Bullying' tactics, it was the tactic used against us to get a reaction - Leigh employed a one in all in mentality, the consistent element was that it was Leigh v Somebody, and the sum of the somebody's was greater than Leigh's bans.

Most Leigh fans know why the 8's misfired and the close season has been spent to ensure its not repeated.

Leigh had the worst disciplinary record in 2015 and had one of the coaches fined for persistant misconduct, including squirting water at opponents and abusing match officials. But I suppose that was everybody else at fault, except Leigh. Play hard OK, but Leigh went past them limits on a number of occassions. Leigh need to better with the discipline in 2016, as your coach has recently said. But when you have the likes of Hock, Chase, Barlow, Maitua, who are well known for having poor discipline, that is not going to be easy.

2016 will either make or break Rowley as a coach. The combination of personalities in that dressing room is a potential Chernobyl.

I agree, it was new waters last year but this year he has the best squad in the comp with many more top level air miles. The squad has really gelled and anyone who knows Hock will tell you what a changed man he is, lets pray we get refs who play the rules and encourage a fast game then may the best team win.

Roll on February

I agree, it was new waters last year but this year he has the best squad in the comp with many more top level air miles. The squad has really gelled and anyone who knows Hock will tell you what a changed man he is, lets pray we get refs who play the rules and encourage a fast game then may the best team win.

Roll on February

Getting your excuses in before the season starts eh?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Roll on February

Rowley has always had the most expensive squad.Rowley has always whinged about the speed of the ruck,after every game,even when they win;I was just surprised Warrington beat Leigh in the LCC when the ruck speed was quicker.

I'll give you an example - then you return the favour where Rowley does NOT complain about the referee and/or the speed of the ruck - Here you go - from a game you won - http://www.leighobserver.co.uk/sport/leigh-centurions/centurions-boss-pleased-with-fightback-1-7309062

2016 will be no different - Only worse.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

So with 3,266 posts to your name you haven't repeated yourself once??

He has certainly repeated himself a lot less in his 3,266 posts than you have in your 20,000 posts. :sleep:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Rowley has always had the most expensive squad.Rowley has always whinged about the speed of the ruck,after every game,even when they win;I was just surprised Warrington beat Leigh in the LCC when the ruck speed was quicker.

I'll give you an example - then you return the favour where Rowley does NOT complain about the referee and/or the speed of the ruck - Here you go - from a game you won - http://www.leighobserver.co.uk/sport/leigh-centurions/centurions-boss-pleased-with-fightback-1-7309062

2016 will be no different - Only worse.

Wondered when you`d get yourself from under your stone.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

He has certainly repeated himself a lot less in his 3,266 posts than you have in your 20,000 posts. :sleep:

I've been posting longer simple as...............

I'm also happy to debate issues rather than criticising people for using the forum for it's actual purpose.  

So over 5,000 posts for you Tony.

5,000 different subjects?

5,000 different points?

I thought not.

People ought to just live and let live and post their stuff and let others post theirs, unless it's outside the official moderators rules.

No need to be a keyboard warrior Tony, use the ignore button.....

I wish I had as much spare time as you

What has that got to do with Leigh? I don't have spare time as I run a business, but I make time as I love to discuss RL Mark.

I did ask a question too Parksider which you didn't answer with your edited quote which does breach the user policy

Mark I just want to discuss Leigh, not to be told I shouldn't do it, I'm breaking rules etc etc. 

Isn't that what the mods are for? Report him, if you dont like it.

Thank you John..........

Just wasted half an hour scanning through a discussion that's occurred a hundred times before on this forum

Can anyone please tell me who it is Leigh have signed?

No I can't tell you that as Leigh's recruitment policy hit a medical problem.

But I can tell you and others if you don't think it is too far off topic or repetitive that Mr. Beaumont appears in "Rugby League World" this month.

Interesting life story from Beaumont, but that aside he reckons his personal bill for part funding Leigh's recruitment policy for 2016 could come in at "£700,000"!! That's one heck of a "gift" but his heart is in the club if his senses are not. What he says about such sums is that he feels "If someone is putting a lot of money into a sport then that person has to get something out of it". My view is he's used that argument with the RFL to get the cap upped. 

He goes on to recount his first involvement as a Leigh director when they chased and won promotion in 2004 for 2005. At that time his business was not as big as it is today and he comments that "The numbers you needed to put in to be competitive in Superleague at that time were too big".

However if the club can get promotion to Superleague this coming season for 2017 Beaumont believes the business can break even (I guess because Leigh have a low cost base and SKY subsidy covers the full salary bill - sorry if I have said this 10 times already but some people still may not know that).

Hopefully it's OK mentioning the approach he takes to the academy?. It's all part of how Leigh intend to recruit so I'll take a chance it's not "off topic" or "against the board rules".

Mr. Beaumont says "My ambition isn't to (just) get Leigh in Superleague, It's to establish Leigh in Superleague and to get the club with an established structure of youth and academies under it". He believes this is attainable because "there's more people from this service area playing Superleague than anywhere else"

Now I don't understand that? Does he mean Leigh service area, or is he talking about Wigan??

I'll leave it at that, if anyone wishes to clarify the point remember (lest we don't stray too far off topic)  the "on topic" point is who was it Leigh didn't sign?

If a thread gets reported, a mod might ....I personally have plenty more things to do than read this thread every day

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Indeed.

Please don't complain the mods take no action if you don't report problems on here when they arise.

None of us have the time to read every post in every thread.

Lack of action from the mods more than likely means we are unaware there is a problem and it has not been brought to our attention, rather than any of us turning a blind eye or giving tacit approval to it.

Archived