Rip off Britain

Is there anything we don't get ripped off on?

This morning I posted a Christmas card to my cousin in Australia ( probably late again) it cost me £2.55. When I got home her card to me was on my mat, she had paid A $2.55. So with the $ at about 48p it cost us about twice as much as it costs them.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

This morning I posted a Christmas card to my cousin in Australia ( probably late again) it cost me £2.55. When I got home her card to me was on my mat, she had paid A $2.55. So with the $ at about 48p it cost us about twice as much as it costs them.

You couldn't send a card 2nd class within the UK for 48p.

To be fair your cousin seems to be getting a very good deal given the distance involved.

I wouldn't baulk at 2.55 post to oz. I genuinely think that's good considering the distance.

48p just means your relative is getting a fabulous deal... not necessarily you being ripped off.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

A big chunk of that extra will be to pay for the posties in Aus who earn 3 times the amount our's do in the UK

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Yes, but it's not twice as far from here to there as from there to here.

It's the Coriolis Effect.

Actually the Govt just announced a 30% increase in OZ postal rates from January.

£2.25 is for 60 to 100 grms.   Had it been lighter , it would have been much cheaper.

or post now for next Christmas   :D  :D

Royal MailInternational EconomyMore details

84 days

delivery aim

Up to £20for loss or damage Not Tracked £1.37*

Your right it was £2.25 I paid.

Ron Banks

Yes, but it's not twice as far from here to there as from there to here.

You should study Relativity Theory, mate. That stuff can make you believe it is ten times further from here to there than it is from there to here due to the bending of time or something.  :umnik:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

You should study Relativity Theory, mate. That stuff can make you believe it is ten times further from here to there than it is from there to here due to the bending of time or something. :umnik:

Yes,but that relativity was invented by a failed patents office clerk.His main claim to fame was pushing his tongue out at photographers.Or did he invent the haka?

Ron Banks

Is the Irish , Oz postal service still owned by the tax payer , maybe thats why the cost is different .

I hope your not saying that nationalised is cheaper than privatised.

JohnM and Saintslass will be along to tell you off if you are.

They will explain that a dearer service with fewer deliveries is a far better proposition than having public owned infrastructure.

Ron Banks

Christmas Card to Ireland =£1

Ditto from Ireland=€1.05

From Greece to England, USA, Thailand and Chile it is €0.90. However, we only get deliveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we are currently waiting for stuff sent to us three weeks ago. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

NZ$2.50 to send a card overseas...which seemed like a lot to me...

Until I read this post!

Very good.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Dont get me started on Rip Off UK .....I posted 2 programmes off to buyers off E-Bay , posted on 18th November cost 90p for next day delivery x 1st Class .....still not arrived , however i posted one on monday 54p it was delivered on Tuesday !!!

Back in 1975 a mate of mine worked making boxes for Triangular Cheese, several different labels were pasted on the boxes that all went to the same Factory, no doubt there were several different prices and there will STILL BE several different prices, from £1.50 to £3.59 per box of cheese. Your not telling me they have several machines making several cheeses ( it would cost em a foretune ..... )

Bottom line is that becasuse us mugs pay the price ..........They just keep charging it and always will if people keep paying it ........l

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Archived