Sam Tomkins guest of honour at Cap Cha

IM2

London Skolars and Hector would never publish figures...it's not their style. Furthermore, I have shown that the ticket and hospo income leaves a 56.5k shortfall on the claimed figure of 100k+......its just a search for the truth and reality.

I also notice youagain choose to attack my factually based stance and ignore my good wishes towards the attendees......maybe its you who needs to broaden your opinion and not look for attacks where there aren't any.....I simply pointed out the probability that £100,000 was a stretch

Your opening punt was this:-

Tickets are £15 a pop, so there's £15,000......I'd be amazed if there was £85,000 in sponsorship and Corporate Hospo (which is lunch)

We found £30,000 down the back of the sofa. We've been given details of the sponsorship names and numbers.

May not make the £100K that suggested it may make but damn closer than the £85K gap you were suggesting.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....nope. I simply questioned the claim of a six figure income. I'll say it again....I really enjoyed the games I attended even though they were little more than a training run for the Broncos/Quins RL and it was an opportunity to catch up with other fans after the winter break and I hope everyone who attends this week has a great time......but you seem to ignore this repeated statement and concentrate on my questioning of quite questionable claims regarding the income. There are far more benefits to this event than immediate income as Ian Lenagan has quite obviously grasped, so there really was no need for the initial claim of 100,000 quid or more in income.

its true

the majority of the income is the sponsors. alongside the event there is two investment conferences in the morning. circa 200 attendees. part of the pull is the rugby after. all those presenting are involved in the rugby. 

sponsors include Cantor Fitzgerald, WisdomTree, Nasdaq, Pcubed, Irish SE and BNP Paribas. 

there is significant income from the lunch not just including the places but also various auctions and raffles which generate decent money.

there is also a 6 school team event as a curtain raiser and that also is heavily sponsorsed

then the ticket money and various sales on the day etc

the event is astoundingly successful, but its way more than just the game. 

i also suspect it will grow again next year. skolars have been very clever at inviting future sponsors to the event and getting them involved in future years,

Thanks IM2. One man's informed good news would appear to be someone else's "drivel". If I had a 2 headed face slap/shakes head emoji I would post it now... Top sponsors.

Again...did I stutter? Those that attend will have a great time, but it will not generate 100k. I am well aware of the format of the day (still have an umbrella from 2008) and it is a schmoozing event with the Rugby at its core.

Great work from Skolars and their owner, but 100k.....not on your life......

Again...did I stutter? Those that attend will have a great time, but it will not generate 100k. I am well aware of the format of the day (still have an umbrella from 2008) and it is a schmoozing event with the Rugby at its core.

Great work from Skolars and their owner, but 100k.....not on your life......

So you are calling IM2 a blatant liar, stop being a prat.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Classic RL. Four pages of guff about how many people might turn up and how much money it might make, and yet no-one has actually posted the score..

EDIT. Wigan won 10-6.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

It was a terrific game. From the first minute both teams were in the groove. The Skolars were better than in the last couple of years, and Wigan's team was pretty much all under 19s but there was plenty of talent on both sides. As ever, the event was fantastic, a large and hugely appreciative crowd spending a winter's afternoon in style. I love it.

Was v pleased to see that the Varsity match is at the HAC at the start of March - that's another week end starting early.

It is an experience unlike any other in the calendar - seeing fantastic talent absolutely first hand. And hearing the range of top quality swearing from the Skolars added to the mix.

Spot on, Exiled Wiganer.

Enjoyable day out, as always. Well done Skolars, on - and off - the pitch.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

great day all in all best yet across the board. 7 academy internationals i believe. plus skolars had a few key fellas missing. corporate side was great. sam tomkins was great. 

for me this event really does kick off the rl season in london. as i also think friday night lights is the book end at the end 

great day all in all best yet across the board. 7 academy internationals i believe. plus skolars had a few key fellas missing. corporate side was great. sam tomkins was great. 

for me this event really does kick off the rl season in london. as i also think friday night lights is the book end at the end

Very good to hear that, looking forward to next Saturdays game at New River.

Was a good game. Wigans 11 fractured his elbow in the last couple of minutes sadly.

The interesting comment for me was Leneghan saying the biggest rugby brand in the world is reaching out to the south east.

Of course he's going to say that. It's called promotion. Considering the audience it was exactly the right phrase to use.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Great fun. Enjoyed the rugby and loved being back at the venue. One of my mates won a signed Sam Tomkins ball, and we also enjoyed a few scoops post match with Steve Mascord and Gavin Willacy.

Lost my wallet in the cab home but....the cabbie returned it on Sunday afternoon. What a nice fella.

Great fun. Enjoyed the rugby and loved being back at the venue. One of my mates won a signed Sam Tompkins ball, and we also enjoyed a few scoops post match with Steve Mascord and Gavin Willacy.

Lost my wallet in the cab home but....the cabbie returned it on Sunday afternoon. What a nice fella.

now thats nice

Archived