11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan by 13 points or more
    • Wigan by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford by 13 points or more
    • Salford by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford by 1 to 6 points

Discuss the SL game between Wigan and Salford here.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a good scrap this one.

Wigan should start favourites but last Saturday's contest and resulting injuries and Salford's slightlly shorter turnaround and ensuing sulk might make for a very interesting match.

I'll go with a "surprise" away win by the odd score.

Pies 20 Salford 24.

I hope with all my heart that Salford win this, but having beaten Wigan in a friendly not too long ago, it's not often they get successive wins against Wigan. I think it will be close but Salford but if I was placing a bet I would put money on Wigan by less than 12. I sincerely hope I have got this wrong.

Heart and head say Salford (who'd have thought we'd be saying this 12 months ago!) but the Pies are a resilient bunch if nothing else so I reckon it will be a close fought tussle and Wigan will take it by 4 or less.

Wigan still very much the favourites with the bookies  4/11 for a home win.

However, if you fancy Salford to win a close encounter you can get 11/2 on a win by 1-6 points or 9/1 on a win by 7-12 points which gives you a 12 point margin over both bets at not too shabby odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league/super-league/wigan-v-salford/winning-margin

I think that this is a great chance for Salford and I'm really hoping that they are up for it and smelling blood.  However, I do just think that Wigan generally have that grinding ability to win games even when not playing well (unless it is against NRL teams!) as shown by the first couple of games.  Wigan by 7.

Archived