• Wigan by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford by 13 points or more
    • Salford by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford by 1 to 6 points

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink:  :huh:

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Still a LOT of work needed on the half-backs. Not at all convinced by Smith.

I know what you mean. Sometimes he is pretty good; his kicking game especially can be very good, continually keeping opposition teams penned in their own 20 metre area. But at other times it is mediocre plus his passing can be laboured.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

3 wins out of 3,top of the league despite having plenty of injuries and not playing well,could be worrying for some people if they get players fit and find some form !

For me Wigan are the team to beat this season and that's why I tipped them to top the super league table. Just not convinced about saints in the halves and under KC and I think wire, Catalan and Leeds will be wigans closest rivals.

For me Wigan are the team to beat this season and that's why I tipped them to top the super league table. Just not convinced about saints in the halves and under KC and I think wire, Catalan and Leeds will be wigans closest rivals.

They need to find a replacement for Micky Mac,don't think Powell is the answer.

I agree. Not that Powell is a bad player, but he's not a leader yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

100% agree with you but in any other year this would have had a major affect on wigans chances had it not been for Leeds losing the likes of peacock and sinfield and McGuire being out injured plus saints halfback problems and huddersfields injuries and the brett ferres saga.

100% agree with you but in any other year this would have had a major affect on wigans chances had it not been for Leeds losing the likes of peacock and sinfield and McGuire being out injured plus saints halfback problems and huddersfields injuries and the brett ferres saga.

none of the so called big 3 have a functioning half back pairing, all 3 will be hunting for a combination that works for a few months. unless Wigan are looking at tomkins slotting in at 6.

none of the so called big 3 have a functioning half back pairing, all 3 will be hunting for a combination that works for a few months. unless Wigan are looking at tomkins slotting in at 6.

Tomkins will be fullback when he's fit but I can see see him playing a similar role as the one he did in Auckland,where he was like a third halfback,creating tries rather than scoring them,especially as he seems to have lost half a yard of pace with all his injuries.

It is a strange scenario that none of the big 3 have enviable partnerships in the half's at present. I think at least one will miss out on the 4 this year due in part to that situation.

That's my thinking as well and I can see saints being the 1 that could miss out. I think I went for Wigan, wire, leeds and Catala&hull fc fighting for 4th.

Tomkins will be fullback when he's fit but I can see see him playing a similar role as the one he did in Auckland,where he was like a third halfback,creating tries rather than scoring them,especially as he seems to have lost half a yard of pace with all his injuries.

Tomkins created a lot of tries for the warriors linking up with the warriors attacking line and I would love to see him not only do the same for Wigan but eventually return to the halves all together. Same goes for England on both accounts as well.

Tomkins created a lot of tries for the warriors linking up with the warriors attacking line and I would love to see him not only do the same for Wigan but eventually return to the halves all together. Same goes for England on both accounts as well.

I hope he plays in a similar way he did at NZ Warriors too. As much as I loved a Tomkins try-fest, he looked more creative and was a bigger team player down under. I can't wait to see him back.

If we can be near the top by the time Tomkins gets up to speed we can be very happy.

Watched most of the game now and...

- anyone that gets a chance to watch Salfrod should do so. They are superb and very entertaining;

- Mandredi did have what looked a perfectly good try disallowed;

- Tierney actually and surprisingly looked very good indeed;

- I wonder how much Wiyan put into the Broncos' game. In the last 2 years we were rubbish the week before and for weeks afterward whereas we looked like a side coming together on Thursday; and

- of the 4 games I have watched I think this was the highest quality. Not the most exciting but 2 well matched good teams in good conditions.

The next round of games should be fascinating - FC and Wire might both find themselves pushed hard.

If we can be near the top by the time Tomkins gets up to speed we can be very happy.

Watched most of the game now and...

- anyone that gets a chance to watch Salfrod should do so. They are superb and very entertaining;

- Mandredi did have what looked a perfectly good try disallowed;

- Tierney actually and surprisingly looked very good indeed;

- I wonder how much Wiyan put into the Broncos' game. In the last 2 years we were rubbish the week before and for weeks afterward whereas we looked like a side coming together on Thursday; and

- of the 4 games I have watched I think this was the highest quality. Not the most exciting but 2 well matched good teams in good conditions.

The next round of games should be fascinating - FC and Wire might both find themselves pushed hard.

The point about Tierney - he had to field several high balls from Brisbane, and looked far more secure dealing with them than I'd feared. Maybe he's a late developer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived