• Wigan by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford by 13 points or more
    • Salford by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford by 1 to 6 points

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And your reffing qualifications are what exactly?

Forty years of watching Salford get the s**t end of the stick from the officials. I've got the Diploma. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Heart and head say Salford (who'd have thought we'd be saying this 12 months ago!) but the Pies are a resilient bunch if nothing else so I reckon it will be a close fought tussle and Wigan will take it by 4 or less.

If only I'd put my money where my mouth is! Still, not a bad call.

It looked a knock on at first glance, but maybe the ball was not actually propelled forwards? Sometimes these things can be deceptive. I vaguely remember one game when there was a similar play on after a "knock on" and the clear consensus was such is life, play to the whistle.

Great stuff.

I've not seen anything of this game but, somehow, after reading the last few posts, I know what I'm going to witness when I do see it and how I'll feel about it.

That is all, for now.  :ph34r:

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

i see nobody has mentioned manfredi's perfect try that the ref didn;t give because a touch judge said "i think he was offside".or the salford try were there was no play the ball.excellent win from wigan tonight against a very good salford side who like catalan threw it away in the first half.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

i see nobody has mentioned manfredi's perfect try that the ref didn;t give because a touch judge said "i think he was offside".or the salford try were there was no play the ball.excellent win from wigan tonight against a very good salford side who like catalan threw it away in the first half.

If Manfredi had scored a perfect try that looked perfect to the officials, it would have been given.

If he scored a try that, in your view was perfect but not perfect in the view of the officials, then it may not have been given.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I don't watch Super League but as a Salfordian I really wanted Salford to win. I was gutted for my son and all my friends who still follow the club when I saw they got back to 16-16 only to lose it to a refereeing error. I'm at work now and Ive just seen that George Stokes was the referee and I'm not at all surprised that Salford were robbed. The first time I came across this man was 5 years ago when he took charge of Widnes West Bank .v. Eccles and he sent off our coach for telling him he was the worst referee he had ever seen. The lad was only telling the truth. Ive seen him a few times while I have been watching North Wales crusaders as well and he never fails to be the one everybody is talking about at the end of a game. I'm not surprised he is officiating in Super league and I'm sure he will soon become a household name. Come to think of it he robbed Eccles 5 years ago as well. Maybe he just doesn't like teams from the Manchester and Salford area?

It's a shame that the same touch judge didn't say 'I think he dropped the ball'.

I don't watch Super League but as a Salfordian I really wanted Salford to win. I was gutted for my son and all my friends who still follow the club when I saw they got back to 16-16 only to lose it to a refereeing error. I'm at work now and Ive just seen that George Stokes was the referee and I'm not at all surprised that Salford were robbed. The first time I came across this man was 5 years ago when he took charge of Widnes West Bank .v. Eccles and he sent off our coach for telling him he was the worst referee he had ever seen. The lad was only telling the truth. Ive seen him a few times while I have been watching North Wales crusaders as well and he never fails to be the one everybody is talking about at the end of a game. I'm not surprised he is officiating in Super league and I'm sure he will soon become a household name. Come to think of it he robbed Eccles 5 years ago as well. Maybe he just doesn't like teams from the Manchester and Salford area?

Stokes penalised Fev out of the game at Odsal first game of the season.  11 - 4 penalty count to Bradford.. The Bulls may have won without the lopsided count, we shall never know.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Were they shown on sky during the hull v cas game?

Archived