26-28 Feb: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Discuss all this week's Kingstone Press Championship games here.

FRIDAY 26th FEBRUARY

Sheffield Eagles v Swinton Lions KO 7.45pm  

SUNDAY 28th FEBRUARY

Bradford Bulls v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm

Dewsbury Rams v Whitehaven KO 3pm

Featherstone Rovers v Oldham KO 3pm

Halifax v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm

Workington Town v London Broncos KO 3pm

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Bradford Bulls v Leigh Centurions

Bradford have been winning but not playing particularly well. This is a true test of our capabilities and prospects.

We are woefully short of a proper scrumhalf.

We have eight props on the books but started with a second row there last week. I think Lowes wanted a lighter, faster man bashing up the middle.

:blink:

I'm not confident but, on the day, hope to be pleasantly reassured about our quality.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Leigh will have to play a hell of a lot better than anything they have shown so far if we are to give Bradford a run for their money. We were dreadful against Batley, comfortable but not particularly impressive against Oldham and only beat London due to a fantastic 5 minute spell where we scored 3 converted tries back to back.

I will wait to see the 19 man squad. We have had a load of injuries and if we get a couple back I might feel a bit more confident. Ridyard and Beswick would be ideal but I don't expect either to be playing on Sunday unfortunately. Not writing us off just yet and we have enough good players left to put up a good performance, we just haven't been firing on all cylinders so far.

Bradford Bulls v Leigh Centurions

Bradford have been winning but not playing particularly well. This is a true test of our capabilities and prospects.

We are woefully short of a proper scrumhalf.

We have eight props on the books but started with a second row there last week. I think Lowes wanted a lighter, faster man bashing up the middle.

:blink:

I'm not confident but, on the day, hope to be pleasantly reassured about our quality.

Think Olbison playing at prop had more to do with Clough,Kavanagh and Crossley all being injured. Lauaki not being fit to be waterboy and Fleming just not looking a better option than Olbison than any deep tactical reasoning from Jimmy ;-)

To use a Nobbyism both Teams have yet to hit their straps which is to be expected early in the season, I expect it will be more of an arm wrestle than a game of all out skill. Bulls should shade it having home advantage, but it won't be the end of the world if they don't

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

Bulls 0 Leigh 12 already.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

0-14.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Bulls making a comeback but only a couple of minutes to go.

Broncos beat Workington: just!  Good win for Broncos as last season they were letting the long distance away matches go.

ETA: Bulls come from 32-6 down to grab a draw.  Some comeback!

Bulls making a comeback but only a couple of minutes to go.

Broncos beat Workington: just!  Good win for Broncos as last season they were letting the long distance away matches go.

ETA: Bulls come from 32-6 down to grab a draw.  Some comeback!

Great comeback that against the Superstars

Incredible game at Odsal, crazy goings on. IMO Leigh began to run away with the game when Richard Silverwood awarded Leigh a penalty because Lee Smith lost the ball in the tackle and scored off the next set.

Leigh fans went very quiet after taking the pee big time...fantastic day.

How many of the Bratfurt fans did the Wiggin walk and were unable to watch the fight back?

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

At least one of my teams won! Good result, that - it's always a tricky game at Workington.

Was an enjoyable game, but town threw it away when in a good position in the 2nd half. Couple of daft penalties and poor goal line defence, again. Don't know his name but London's big scraggy haired prop was outstanding,

How many of the Bratfurt fans did the Wiggin walk and were unable to watch the fight back?

I didn't see any from around me. Long time since several THOUSAND fans stayed back at the end. We were pretty ordinary for long periods coughing the ball up and conceding technical penalties but once we clicked on attack Leigh couldn't live with us on the edges.

Where was Rangi? Where is Rangi? Why didn't Rangi play? Is there a problem with Rangi?

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Archived