london crowds justified

indeed. It is an extremely strange view that because somebody is putting money in they are doing a good job.

It's not about that at all, what a dumb thing to say.

The failure of London Broncos is put down to bad decisions. If your so smart then tell me what right decisions could Hughes have made, that would have overcome Broncos problems, and made them a "a moderately successful London club" in Superleague on 3,400 crowds out of rented stadia 

Because their problem was a global entrepreneur could not make it work without losing £Millions, and a major national entrepreneur worth a hell of a lot of money also could not make it work without losing £Millions.

Tell me how an oil trader whose funds are limited could have done it through "business acumen" and succeeded where other big players failed.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes has been throwing good money after bad but it is his poor decisions (and appointments) time and again which has seen the Broncos fall to a mediocre 2nd tier team.

Clearly the most important appointment is coach if you are measuring success by how successful the club is on the pitch. Was appointing Brian McDermott a poor decision or a good one? He was coach during a significant period of the decline you ate referring to?

I am just grateful I can go to a nice little ground, have reasonable food and beer and watch some rugby. Sure I would like them to be more successful but it is unlikely to happen anytime soon in my view anymore than Wrexham, Bridgend, Sheffield or Gateshead are going to become well attended Super League clubs anytime soon either.

It makes me laugh when people come on here saying that David Hughes has destroyed the club when they admit themselves that they haven't been to a match or bought a season ticket for years. You are not a 'customer ' you are an 'ex-customer' .

It makes me laugh when people come on here saying that David Hughes has destroyed the club when they admit themselves that they haven't been to a match or bought a season ticket for years. You are not a 'customer ' you are an 'ex-customer' .

Nice one......... ;)

This is a major way how all clubs decline, they lose matches and so the fans come in less number, then they lose more so less fans come.

But there weren't enough fans in the first place to make it work, It could only ever work with a Chairman prepared to put £Millions in.

The fans may feel guilty abandoning a sinking ship so it makes them feel better to blame the Captain. 

You are not a 'customer ' you are an 'ex-customer' .

And the reason is because of what David Hughes has done to the club.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The failure of London Broncos is put down to bad decisions. If your so smart then tell me what right decisions could Hughes have made, that would have overcome Broncos problems, and made them a "a moderately successful London club" in Superleague on 3,400 crowds out of rented stadia

Because their problem was a global entrepreneur could not make it work without losing £Millions, and a major national entrepreneur worth a hell of a lot of money also could not make it work without losing £Millions.

Tell me how an oil trader whose funds are limited could have done it through "business acumen" and succeeded where other big players failed.

calling views dumb and starting sentences with "If your so smart" is not respectful, mature or likely to lead to sensible discussion.

Im certainly not joining in your aggressive nonsense.

No doubt you'll try and claim that people are neing offensive to you and you are the victim, yet again.

calling views dumb and starting sentences with "If your so smart" is not respectful, mature or likely to lead to sensible discussion.

Im certainly not joining in your aggressive nonsense.

No doubt you'll try and claim that people are neing offensive to you and you are the victim, yet again.

I'm certainly a victim of you jumping in without thinking wherever there's a chance to prove old Parky wrong.

Now do you get the point?

Mr. Branson could not make London work, and Mr. Lenegan certainly was doing no better and these guys were mega rich.

So Mr. Hughes had no chance, and even less of a chance with fans peeling away and blaming him for the clubs demise.

Anyway they're doing quite impressively in the championship but clearly most "fans" don't want to watch Championship.

I'm certainly a victim of you jumping in without thinking wherever there's a chance to prove old Parky wrong.

Now do you get the point?

and again. Good job you dont like making things personal and you are above that type of thing.

Then start a new thread with your argument on it. This is the argument for this thread:-

Tell me how any businessman can run "a moderately successful London club" in Superleague on 3,400 crowds out of rented stadia without facing having to put £Millions in himself? 

Set out the financial cost of each of Hughes alleged "poor decisions and appointments" to the club?

Show me how these made any difference to the underlying problem that Hughes simply could not bankroll London to the extent Branson could or Lenegan could?

My point belongs on this thread. The point being that you simply bat away comments from others for certain tactics, saying that means you are winning, and then use the said tactics yourself

Well as soon as I'm accused of something then I know I'm winning the argument.

Trolling, making it up, lying, nonsense, agenda etc etc.......

Either your on a wind up or you really don't have a clue.

As such, it seems to me that even by your own standards, your arguments are lacking and the other side 'winning' whatever that means.

So you have no answer to the question I put to you, just more deflection?

Hughes was left holding the baby twice.

He didn't have the money to look after it.

Simple as.

Seeing as you don't comprehend others views which are both different and more plausible than your own, I thought I'd similarly engage in deflection tactics. The cracks are showing Parky, I think you need to take a break.

I didn't realise Hughes just had a baby though, that may explain some of his nonsensical decisions

And the reason is because of what David Hughes has done to the club.

I think it's a bit beyond some on here to make the link as to why the club's fanbase has declined..............obviously it's because Hughes hasn't spent enough money!

Whilst a crowd of c. 250 is not good news, it's worth considering that London absolutely empties out at Easter. Tubes and trains were still pretty empty today. Whilst heartland attendances are probably buoyed a little by people returning to family homes at Easter, I think it definitely has a adverse effect down here.

I think I saw a Broncos crowd of about 800 a few games ago which is getting close to their end of SL crowds. A winning team should get them above last season average I reckon, and the Super 8s could really get a few locals and returnees involved, as well as the traveling fans effect from SL clubs.

I may be proved wrong but I'm hoping this season could be an improvement on and off the pitch

Both accepted the decision, but unlike others I'll concede your point Johnny, what it's got to do with the point in hand I really dunno?

Well you raised it Parky not me, so don't go deflecting the blame again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What can the RFL offer potential investors in a key market to assist a deal? A housing dispensation on the salary cap of + 10% to help with cost of living in London?

There already is (or was when they were in SL), an adjustment to the cap for London Weighting

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

There already is (or was when they were in SL), an adjustment to the cap for London Weighting

Yep, there are special provisions already in the rules for both London and Catalans. London get a 10% London Weighting allowance and Catalans have their cap fixed in Euros (€2,300,000 for this season) to negate exchange rate fluctuations.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived