Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

'World Rugby' (sic) against RLIF bid for recognition?

21 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

On the Sport Accord Website membership link it says that they are currently reorganising the membership process and that new information will soon be available. It will be interesting to see what happens, have they blocked RL while still reorganising? surely they should have deferred any application until the process is clear.

Also I wonder what the Department for Culture, Media and Sport are doing about this, surely the RL parliamentary group should be asking them

You would have thought some of these groups would have already been considered and I know some on here, I think Spud, has been in touch with Dave Collier in the past - wether itwas about this, unsure.

The only thing I can think would be an issue is if SA believe RL is in direct competition with RU, as is in their requirements.  The letter, which the RFU say was a 'query' on membership clarification, seems to be the catalyst.

Thought Parky wou,d have latched onto this conspiracy.

The current Sportaccord council does not contain any RU people, so let's hope this is just an administrative delay.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The current Sportaccord council does not contain any RU people, so let's hope this is just an administrative delay.

That is very optimistic.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

That is very optimistic.

very... seen the other members, our non presence has to be political... 

Stuff em, we have come this far without that lot and we'll continue with or without them. And anyway, who needs to bow down to them and crawl when our game is just starting to get its mojo, we can do it without them and hopefully places like Nth AM with the wolfpack are the start. They'll have to take notice eventually esp if some big city teams from the Americas starting packing out stadiums and getting TV contracts in place.

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

Members include World Bridge, Word Chess, World Frisbee, International Fistball and International Korfball. No recognition for the RLIF?? Seriously??

Add Orienteering and Sleddog Sports to that WTF?

WTF's wrong with Orienteering being a member of an international sports federation? Or Korfball for that matter?

Looks like this wasn't a full SportAccord convention. April 7th is the next one.
Not sure if the RLIF even had an opportunity in this latest meeting.

new rise.jpg

On 22/04/2016 at 11:51 PM, Trailfinder said:

I googled it and it isn't "banned". The RL organisation set up by Sol was disbanded as a result of interference from 3rd parties and incorrect procedures being followed. Rugby League is still permitted to be played in the UAE, but under the governance of the UAERF which is an issue that needs to be sorted by the RLIF and World Rugby.

Not an ideal scenario by any stretch, but the game isn't banned or outlawed.

Back to the issue at hand. The RLIF need to get someone on a plane to Switzerland and sort this out in person. Face to face presentation with clear definitions of our game as opposed to any other, the 2 main comps highlighted, underlining the sheer size of the sport in Australia and the growth of our international competitions.

Ignore the other lot completely, simply demonstrate our game, it's values and its history.

Wow !

off you pop - go and try arranging a game there then !

hope you like porridge.

under hand

shameless

low life

call it what you like....it's banned