England 4N and WC Preparations

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if England hadnt played Fa'asavalu and Chase over the last decade we would be able to take the moral high ground.

Who do England play this week?

No rules where broken in picking them for england....i could name half a dozen times australia & nz have broken the rules

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

It's being expanded to 8 Nations via the Confed Cup Tommy, so that should make you a very happy chap!

Is that going to be England, NZ, Oz, then 5 from Samoa france fiji wales tonga ireland png usa canada and scotland?

If so what is the plan for this to be decided?

Is that going to be England, NZ, Oz, then 5 from Samoa france fiji wales tonga ireland png usa canada and scotland?

If so what is the plan for this to be decided?

Theres gonna be regional qualifiers

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

they already play 4, we are talking a couple of midcseason tests.

France and the 3 with NZ last year, Dave. 3 in 2014 (could've been 4 if they made the final). 4 this year if they make the final. Never been 4 consistently.

I didn't know the 4N where finishing after this year, as Scubby says. They have been hit and miss since 2009. If they do finish, to get 6+ games in a year, without them, will be difficult. We need a stronger France to make it logistically easier for us, which will take time.

Enough said. Beg to differ with you both on achieving these numbers, but hope I'm wrong.

France and the 3 with NZ last year, Dave. 3 in 2014 (could've been 4 if they made the final). 4 this year if they make the final. Never been 4 consistently.

I didn't know the 4N where finishing after this year, as Scubby says. They have been hit and miss since 2009. If they do finish, to get 6+ games in a year, without them, will be difficult. We need a stronger France to make it logistically easier for us, which will take time.

Enough said. Beg to differ with you both on achieving these numbers, but hope I'm wrong.

2016 - min 3 confirmed, 4 with a friendly and 5 with a final

2015 - 4

2014 - 3 (no final)

2013 - 7 (inc Exiles and pre wc friendlies)

2012 - 5 (inc 2 exiles games)

2011 - 5 (inc exiles)

2010 - 4

2009 - 6

2008 - 6

thats gone now. Need to move on. It has been dismissed as a failure.

Ironically this year the Exiles would have been stronger than they had been for some time. "Rugby League - enjoy the concept while it lasts!" 

Ironically this year the Exiles would have been stronger than they had been for some time. "Rugby League - enjoy the concept while it lasts!"

Precisely, with a couple of english players not quite in the 1st team such as Ben Currie or Tom Briscoe could be quite a force.

the similarities with the Roses concept they tried to bring back are frightening.

Plenty of effort to start, relative success then expand in a half hearted manner before giving up.

The exiles in season 1 was a genuinely exciting concept, they got a top coach in from the other side of the world, allowed fans to vote plauers into the squad, laubched with the whole 'exiles are coming' thing, had a lovely shirt and then just gave up after the launch game.

All the positive elements from year one were dropped.

the similarities with the Roses concept they tried to bring back are frightening.

Plenty of effort to start, relative success then expand in a half hearted manner before giving up.

The exiles in season 1 was a genuinely exciting concept, they got a top coach in from the other side of the world, allowed fans to vote plauers into the squad, laubched with the whole 'exiles are coming' thing, had a lovely shirt and then just gave up after the launch game.

All the positive elements from year one were dropped.

I think it drew a five-figure crowd to Headingley on a big fanfare - all that effort then fizzled to nothing. Losing England Knights games was also a ridiculous and lazy mistake.

It makes you wonder how long they will keep faith with the current 3x8 system for SL. All the every minute matters marketing has disappeared and it is just a case of get on with it. Do we realise that starting a concept is just that - the start!

I think it drew a five-figure crowd to Headingley on a big fanfare - all that effort then fizzled to nothing. Losing England Knights games was also a ridiculous and lazy mistake.

It makes you wonder how long they will keep faith with the current 3x8 system for SL. All the every minute matters marketing has disappeared and it is just a case of get on with it. Do we realise that starting a concept is just that - the start!

indeed. Based on the fact that the Super 8's saw drops in crowds on regular games, surely the awareness of the reason for these games, and the fact that they are part of the season ticket really needs to be ramped up this year? We'll see what happens in the lead up in 8 weeks or so I suppose.

In terms of the Knights, in 2012 the England first team played 5 games and the Knights played 3. I also think the England Womens team may have played that year too, but they have now been erased from history on the EnglandRL site.

indeed. Based on the fact that the Super 8's saw drops in crowds on regular games, surely the awareness of the reason for these games, and the fact that they are part of the season ticket really needs to be ramped up this year? We'll see what happens in the lead up in 8 weeks or so I suppose.

In terms of the Knights, in 2012 the England first team played 5 games and the Knights played 3. I also think the England Womens team may have played that year too, but they have now been erased from history on the EnglandRL site.

Really hope England adopt the "club England" model where Senior mens, womens and u20s all play corresponding fixtures.

I think it drew a five-figure crowd to Headingley on a big fanfare - all that effort then fizzled to nothing.

Sadly the status quo for the RFL in many cases when it comes to internationals... some good work that is not followed due to apathy and expecting people to simply turn up. They have invested in heavily in pushing the Magic Weekend but haven't done the same for internationals despite some good success. It is frustrating.

2015 - 4

2014 - 3 (no final)

2013 - 7 (inc Exiles and pre wc friendlies)

2012 - 5 (inc 2 exiles games)

2011 - 5 (inc exiles)

2010 - 4

2009 - 6

2008 - 6

Ok. Thanks Dave. Not going to knit pick that. This and last years are the drop offs. Agree with Exiles comments. Opportunity missed that needs reviving.

I read on the FFR site I think that France-England is on mid-October. Would be better swapping it for a two-game series mid-season and then a friendly against Wales as a warm-up instead.

I read on the FFR site I think that France-England is on mid-October. Would be better swapping it for a two-game series mid-season and then a friendly against Wales as a warm-up instead.

well there are two weekends free in advance of the 4n which i think is more than usual.

Yorkshire (champions obviously), Lancashire (boo hiss), Francais, Ecosse, Wales, Exiles.

3 games a day across 5 events. The union mob can handle it..

i) Toulouse / Perpers ii) Glasgow iii) Swansea / Cardiff / Wrexham iv) Coventry v) Anfield / Oly Stadium

Under 21s & under 16s as well.

If we get another team such as Canadia / North America, then Yorkshire absorb Lancashire into England.

Betts to head coach and have a say in Yorks/Lancs, who are coached by Powell and Scott Naylor or somet...

Job done.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

if England hadnt played Fa'asavalu and Chase over the last decade we would be able to take the moral high ground.

Who do England play this week?

Not to mention Chris Heighington

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Chris Heighington is a bit different as he used the grandparent/parent rule and never represented another nation. I still wouldn't have picked him but it is different to the Radarada case, even Chase who represented the Maoris.

I am a firm believer in one nation for life; give smaller nations more opportunities to play; harmonise player payments; get nations playing regularly at U19/U21 levels and get players to choose at U19s which nation they want to play for if heritage, parentage or residence is an option. But stop the flip flopping.

Archived