Rant thread

21 hours ago, Bearman said:

People who just leave shopping trolleys in car park bays rather than taking them to the collection point should be hung by their nedgers

People who park in Disabled or Parent & Child bays when they have no Child, or passenger with a disability too. In fact anyone who drives to a supermarket. Try Walking.

7 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

People who park in Disabled or Parent & Child bays when they have no Child, or passenger with a disability too. In fact anyone who drives to a supermarket. Try Walking.

And try walking home with £100 worth of groceries

22 hours ago, Bearman said:

People who just leave shopping trolleys in car park bays rather than taking them to the collection point should be hung by their nedgers

Was waiting to pull into a disabled spot at Costco as the older lady in the spot beside it got herself sorted out.  She sees me, I give the old eye contact nod, she puts the rest of her stuff away and then just leaves the bloody trolley right in my parking spot.

Apparently I was the one being rude by shouting out my window for her to move the ###### trolley.

###### Costco.  ###### people.

39 minutes ago, Shadow said:

But you do dine on Caviar and Champagne 

That would be one carrier bag. You can walk. 

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

23 hours ago, Bearman said:

Something I see which annoys me is trolleys dumped outside people's houses. These houses always have overgrown lawns and smashed up children's toys thrown around interspersed with the odd special brew can. There is invariably a wrecked, old sofa sat on the drive and a moped with a screwdriver sticking out the exhaust pipe. The England flag in the window is there to cover up the fact that the decorating inside is only ever half complete and stained with cannabis smoke and the front door window will normally be smashed and boarded up. I don't know if they think the shopping trolley is a garden feature or ornament or whatever but what I will suggest is they clearly think they are entitled to steal the trolley from the local tesco (always tesco) because they can't be arsed to carry their cans of beer home and then think they are too good to take the thing back again. These kind of people must realise they are utter #### in which case you would hope they would want to try to better themselves. Start by carrying your shopping home! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, henage said:

How is it possible to spend £100 on a food shop .

If it's your main shopping trip of the week, is - strictly speaking - not just for food (ie for other household needs too) and - like me - you are shopping for a household of four growing adults (in my case, rather worryingly, growing outwards), then the answer is 'easy', even if I go to Aldi or Lidl (and run the risk of being seen doing so - not that I'm a snob, you understand!) rather than Waitrose. 

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

If it's your main shopping trip of the week, is - strictly speaking - not just for food (ie for other household needs too) and - like me - you are shopping for a household of four growing adults (in my case, rather worryingly, growing outwards), then the answer is 'easy', even if I go to Aldi or Lidl (and run the risk of being seen doing so - not that I'm a snob, you understand!) rather than Waitrose. 

whenever we shop in Aldi we end up spending loads more than in Tesco or Waitrose because we keep looking at stuff we don't need and seeing as it's only a couple of quid we buy it. Or I go home with a Generator or MIG welder from the middle aisle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

I have people to shop for me

Many years ago, I lived in a working class suburb of Copenhagen and shopped at the local budget super market. The girlfriend would send me with a list in Danish to help my language and was impressed that I returned quickly with everything exactly right. 

One day she went with me and saw the routine of a young shop assistant coming up immediately and saying “hello Sir, would you have a list for me?”  

She was no longer impressed by my Danish, but as the supermarket was a rival with Netto, she was impressed by the service.  

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

10 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Many years ago, I lived in a working class suburb of Copenhagen and shopped at the local budget super market. The girlfriend would send me with a list in Danish to help my language and was impressed that I returned quickly with everything exactly right. 

One day she went with me and saw the routine of a young shop assistant coming up immediately and saying “hello Sir, would you have a list for me?”  

She was no longer impressed by my Danish, but as the supermarket was a rival with Netto, she was impressed by the service.  

Did you marry the Danish girl? 

6 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Something I see which annoys me is trolleys dumped outside people's houses. These houses always have overgrown lawns and smashed up children's toys thrown around interspersed with the odd special brew can. There is invariably a wrecked, old sofa sat on the drive and a moped with a screwdriver sticking out the exhaust pipe. The England flag in the window is there to cover up the fact that the decorating inside is only ever half complete and stained with cannabis smoke and the front door window will normally be smashed and boarded up. I don't know if they think the shopping trolley is a garden feature or ornament or whatever but what I will suggest is they clearly think they are entitled to steal the trolley from the local tesco (always tesco) because they can't be arsed to carry their cans of beer home and then think they are too good to take the thing back again. These kind of people must realise they are utter #### in which case you would hope they would want to try to better themselves. Start by carrying your shopping home! 

HG, how are the in laws? ?

We’re on holiday in a rather nice resort in Malaysia. One thing that’s annoying is the English people. Specifically the two English couples and their children. 

There’s Japanese, Korean, Australian and German families I can identify and their kids are immaculately behaved. They’re occasionally heard but it’s having fun and being happy, nothing wrong with kids like that. 

The English families’ brats are destructive little excrements and their parents don’t give a damn. 

One little boy brat at breakfast this morning poured a whole jug of apple juice on the floor when ignoring his mum’s whiny plummy Surrey accented “David, leave that, mummy will get it for you”. Their daughter, about 5-6ish then took a cake off the plate of the Asian couple on the table next to them with an ignored “Anna, apologise now!” followed up by nothing more from the mum. The kids were running around the narrow pathways between tables annoying everyone and it was clearly just them being brats rather than any other reasonable excuse  

Then there’s the pool areas by the main hotel. One is an adult only pool next to the spa that’s meant to be for relaxation. There’s a larger pool designed for families and with a more open environment. One of the English couples were at the adult pool with their brats and refused even quieten their kids down when requested by the spa manager. Whiny “do you know how much we paid for this holiday, we’ll go where we want!”  I was only there while waiting on my wife at the spa and it was excruciating in how bad it made English people look. 

And these weren’t the stereotypical working class English folk, these were well-to-do folk in a rather posh hotel and they enjoyed reminding people of their place. 

Thankfully the place is well spaced out so hopefully we don’t have to see them or their offspring again while we’re here. 

Apart from that, it’s an amazing holiday in a lovely part of the world. We’re off to a quiet guided nature hike today ? 

• Like 3

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Scam emails.

Put some effort in you losers.

The latest to appear in my inbox:

I am WILLIAM BARRY, my purpose of contacting you is for your consent and/or help to secure and evacuate a certain funds; I will present you to the bank as my business associates. I assure you that this project is feasible and I have worked out a perfect plan to make it successful. I will discuss further details when I am sure of your willingness to do this deal with me. If you're interested, do contact me via (email deleted in case any of you try to get in on the deal) for more details.

Thank you.

William Barry.

Pathetic. At least give me a story about the Nigerian Astronaut or Saddam Hussein's gold. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

Scam calls . I just detest them and how they prey  on fear and worry . I’ve had a nice call from my bank before checking I made a big ( unusual for me ) transaction ( Watch NRL for the year ) . I thought that’s great .... Normal safety measures .

today I had a Indian sounding woman in a call centre , then about 30 minutes later a robocall saying there’d been an unauthorised transaction of £600 on my card ... press one , press two .   I’ve spoken to others who’ve been terrified by all kinds of calls . Just sick . I know robocalls are all false but it just takes a split second to panic , press a button and you’re caught 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

On 05/06/2019 at 20:37, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Did you marry the Danish girl? 

No.

Though I am now engaged to one.