Oldham Game

andyram

This is one of the games we MUST win if we are going to stay clear of the bottom two.Any news of any injuries we might have got from the Bulls game?

Cut down on the penalties, keep things simple,no dumb rugby as they say should be enough to win this game,

Rams 30 - 20 Oldham, attendance 864.

Farrell out with broken arm,so it doesn't matter if he gets his 2 or 3 game ban tonight when he appears in front of the disciplinary.

I think this will be close tbh,but like you say cut the stupid penalties out then we'll be OK.

I'll go 24-16

FTS Morton

Mom Grady

Att 898

Pointless game guessing our lot .... I thought we  would run fev close .... and i thought we would get a right tonking at the bulls  ....

what I do know is, if the team plays with the passion effort and all round  commitment  that we gave at the bulls we should win ... if we play like the disjointed disinterested individuals we were agains fev we will lose!!  

What would also be good to see would be the passion shown by our away fans replicated at home ..... I am sure the team would respond accordingly!!  

We should also guard against underestimating Oldham ... they have proven that when they are up for it they can get a result! 

Pointless game guessing our lot .... I thought we  would run fev close .... and i thought we would get a right tonking at the bulls  ....

what I do know is, if the team plays with the passion effort and all round  commitment  that we gave at the bulls we should win ... if we play like the disjointed disinterested individuals we were agains fev we will lose!!  

What would also be good to see would be the passion shown by our away fans replicated at home ..... I am sure the team would respond accordingly!!  

We should also guard against underestimating Oldham ... they have proven that when they are up for it they can get a result! 

Unpredictable'R'us.

I hope the players are "up" for this as much as they were for the Bulls game - any mental slackness will see them beat us - again!

Away fans are always louder than home fans TONE: even I have been heard to cheer rather than grumble away from home - that's the way it is. As I mentioned before however, it would be nice for the players to show some appreciation of the fans after the match rather than going into their huddle for five minutes - in that case we also might respond accordingly.

:girlinlove:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

No oldham well knowns or journey men but a few lads that give it a go. Their fitness is however questionable!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Well done to Glen,schoi,the lads and the fans at odsal.

They shouldn't be complacent if they remember the fiasco at staylybridge at start of the season.

Mr.cobb thought dews.committed every sin in the book.

Mr. Kirkpatrick against swinton at bury was the last time i  saw a performance similar.    

They shouldn't be complacent if they remember the fiasco at staylybridge at start of the season.

Mr. Kirkpatrick against swinton at bury was the last time i  saw a performance similar.    

Well you'll be happy as Mr Cobb is due to be ref on Sunday .....

Not to mention the fact that Oldham deserved to win by an even better margin than they actually achieved.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

No oldham well knowns or journey men but a few lads that give it a go. Their fitness is however questionable!

The last try Oldham scored was a belter and shows they can play with some flash. Fitness is their Achilles heel and if they are allowed to slow it down then it will be tight, especially if you upset Mr Cobb :lol: 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Well thanks for that mate-ive just coughed up me tea.

If that's true i'd like to have seen Glens face when he heard.

We'll be all right with cobby.he's a homer'isn't he?

I don't think the referee's sexuality will have any bearing on the game.;)

I'm sure I've read something about Oldham signing two on loan from leigh which might make things a little more interesting.

We dont need Oldham signing Loan players to make it interesting, our lads will do that...I fully expect a lamentable follow up to last weeks hurrah.  Its what we do....

So 2  leigh players on loan at Oldham .... Ridyard on loan at Wakey ....   and Reynolds, who was our strategic (no1 signing) back with Leigh!!!

If Reynolds was our key signing, why has absolutely nothing been done to replace him?? ....

if you remember just how enthusiastic GM was when announcing the Reynolds loan, clearly he thought that was his key piece of the jigsaw  ...  and not surprisingly Kain has struggled with consistency, after all he was only signed as back up, and to assist in the development of the young pretenders!! ...   

I don't think we will be relegated this year .... but it could, and should have been so much better!! 

I don't think we will be relegated this year .... but it could, and should have been so much better!! 

It isn't over yet TONO, who knows you may get further than the semi final of the plate thingy this season! 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

So 2  leigh players on loan at Oldham .... Ridyard on loan at Wakey ....   and Reynolds, who was our strategic (no1 signing) back with Leigh!!!

If Reynolds was our key signing, why has absolutely nothing been done to replace him?? ....

if you remember just how enthusiastic GM was when announcing the Reynolds loan, clearly he thought that was his key piece of the jigsaw  ...  and not surprisingly Kain has struggled with consistency, after all he was only signed as back up, and to assist in the development of the young pretenders!! ...   

Do you know that "absolutely nothing" has been done to replace him TONE? Or have there been people trying very hard to replace him, but without success?

I don't know but try not to prejudge either.

Do you know that "absolutely nothing" has been done to replace him TONE? Or have there been people trying very hard to replace him, but without success?

I don't know but try not to prejudge either.

No prejudgement ... but also no inside knowledge, I leave that up to people much closer to the action than I ...   just an educated observation!!   usually rumour abounds ... and there have been none!! ...

Looking forward to Sunday, and hoping with Eto available that GM resists the temptation to put Grady back in the 2nd row... he is much, much more effective at centre !

No prejudgement ... but also no inside knowledge, I leave that up to people much closer to the action than I ...   just an educated observation!!   usually rumour abounds ... and there have been none!! ...

Looking forward to Sunday, and hoping with Eto available that GM resists the temptation to put Grady back in the 2nd row... he is much, much more effective at centre !

Agreed. I'd give Crookes a well deserved rest instead.

Spicer and Hales are still our best 2nd row combination.

Agreed. I'd give Crookes a well deserved rest instead.

Spicer and Hales are still our best 2nd row combination.

Also agreed.. Crookes needs a rest!!   he's stepped up this year but I think he would benefit from a break..... and without doubt Spicer and Hales toughen us up from a midfield tackling perspective..... not forgetting Hales outstanding passing ability (haha) he did set up Guzdeks try!!!  

Archived