Congratulations Denny Solomona

Rumour that Cas have received an 'unresistable' offer from Sale Sharks for Solomona. Gutting if true.

On another note Justin Carney has been knocking about at Wheldon Road this week. Another exile heading back? (TBF he is mates with a lot of the players and is a regular at Cas games so probably nothing in it!)

Rumour that Cas have received an 'unresistable' offer from Sale Sharks for Solomona. Gutting if true.

On another note Justin Carney has been knocking about at Wheldon Road this week. Another exile heading back? (TBF he is mates with a lot of the players and is a regular at Cas games so probably nothing in it!)

With all the despair surrounding the ticketing, League 1 issues (Hemel and York) and international eligibility/selection concerns I really hope we don't lose another quality and entertaining player to them.  It could just about break me for this season!

What a ###### name

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

'unresistable'

What is the English word for that?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I reckon Denny, if he left Cas (which would be a shame) could be a potent new piece in the Canberra jigsaw, playing outside Croker. 

But he's too young to retire to RU!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This unfortunately. :-(

From a reliable source too.

Thanks for your time at Cas Denny, still think you could have done better than RU tho.

Sadly players of Denny's quality will always go where the money is (and who can blame them) be it NRL or Union.

With the way the game is being run I can't see that situation changing in a hurry.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Sadly players of Denny's quality will always go where the money is (and who can blame them) be it NRL or Union.

With the way the game is being run I can't see that situation changing in a hurry.

Isn't this more Cas cashing in on a transfer fee than a player chasing money?

How is "how the game is run" impacting this?

Isn't this more Cas cashing in on a transfer fee than a player chasing money?

I suspect it's more a case of Sale have tempted Solomona, Solomona subsequently said he wants to go and Cas think we aren't losing 300k to keep an unhappy player until his contract runs out!

Agree that the running of the game isn't the issue. I can only think money is the reason for his decision (maybe exposure too). No reason (other than they can't afford to or don't think it provides value) Cas or another club couldn't choose to equal his Sale offer under the marquee allowance.

If we can get £300k form then take it in m y view. He won;t have the same season next year and he seems to be wanting to be a high profile celeb couple with Jess Impiazzi - RU can get hm the profile he seems to crave

Cash in and get a top class signing in

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

How is the Man of Steel awarded these Aus. Is there still a final decision made after the player vote. If so it should be withheld from Solomona, as it's not right for a Man of Steel to be heading off to Union

if this is a serious post I'm done!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Put your club affinity aside Tiger and think of the good of the game. What the alternative? Here is your Man of Steel Denny, good luck in RU, it's such a compliment to our sport that players prove themselves to be the best in our competition and earn themselves a move to the big time. Why should our sport dish out accolades to players with no loyalty to it?

Put your club affinity aside Tiger and think of the good of the game. What the alternative? Here is your Man of Steel Denny, good luck in RU, it's such a compliment to our sport that players prove themselves to be the best in our competition and earn themselves a move to the big time. Why should our sport dish out accolades to players with no loyalty to it?

So you axe him from Man of Steel, the deal falls through and he decides to stay with Cas. Do you then take the MoS off someone and give it back to him? Lunacy.

The game is the game. 2017 is 2017.

What was his salary with Cas?

Dunno. Probably not that much at present. He signed his current deal during pre-season, although he had a decent year last year suffered a few injuries and missed a fair few games so it won't be anywhere near what he would command based on this season.

Certainly not one of the clubs big earners and I would guess Monaghan is probably on as much if not more

A nice farewell from RL, with a few days on a tropical island?

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

As a matter of interest, what are your thoughts with regard the life bans that amateur RU imposed on players who played RL in the years before 1995?

Archived