Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

So I phoned the RFL ticket office (ref: Olympic Stadium). Brace yourselves

Finally! Maybe they do read these threads......

I'm convinced they do, on a daily basis. That upper section opened PDQ didn't it? Particularly as there wasn't supposed to by any demand.

Let's hope they do something similar in and around Stratford. Specifically Westfield, and maybe target the thousands of students who live within walking distance of the stadium.

Positive signs though.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Let's hope they do something similar in and around Stratford. Specifically Westfield, and maybe target the thousands of students who live within walking distance of the stadium.

Positive signs though.

It is positive but I'm convinced we could have broken the back of the Olympic Stadium had things been ready at the end of the Kiwi series. 

Adverts all over TalkSport as well, in primetime drive slots; what the hell is going on This is not supposed to happen

No, this is exactly what happens because the GF is now done and dusted. They can't promote more than one event at a time.

rldfsignature.jpg

No, this is exactly what happens because the GF is now done and dusted. They can't promote more than one event at a time.

indeed. We are doing the same as always. We will get similar results. 44k.

When we did it differently we got didferent results - 2013

indeed. We are doing the same as always. We will get similar results. 44k.

When we did it differently we got didferent results - 2013

It really annoys me this attitude from the RFL... I reckon it'll be less than 40k at OP.

It really annoys me this attitude from the RFL... I reckon it'll be less than 40k at OP.

You could be right, because whilst I believe that 40k is the core minimum for England v Aus in London we have to consider that my statement that the RFL are doing the same as ever is not quite the full story.

In 2011 they got 42k at Wembley for this game, yet the differences are that there was a douber header with Wales and NZ for that game, plus it was a Saturday instead of the pathetic scheduling they have gone with this time. Add to that the fact that Wembley that year was 'the' event of that tournament as opposed to this year where we are taking a double header to a new ground in Coventry and will play the final at the newly expanded Anfield.

The scheduling of this tournament really could see it die on its ass.

Plus for the 2011 Wembley game, I got tickets in July or something for £10. Not because I'm a real tightwad (!) But because it was a good early bird offer. They weren't bad seats either.

In fact me and a mate booked it well in advance on the coach and the whole thing cost us about £20! Eeh them were the days.

Finally! Maybe they do read these threads......

There's one at Wembley central station as well. Got the other half coming to the game for her first taste of international RL. Just hope it's better than the kiwi game I took my bro to last year

any promo codes knocking about?

I tried to use a code I received from a Sport England email, but it didn't work. I emailed the RFL and was advised the code had expired last Friday.

if I'm honest, I found the replies from the RFL quite perfunctory. It may help to sell tickets if the people replying to queries such as mine seemed like they care. Just an observation.

Appears the RFL is slowly opening up more bays at Anfield now.

You can now purchase tickets in 202, 203, 204, 207 and 208 behind the sticks and CE2 and CE8 on the sideline, even though they are still grey on the map.

Encouraging signs that they are opening up other sections of the venue.

signature.jpg

You can now purchase tickets in 202, 203, 204, 207 and 208 behind the sticks and CE2 and CE8 on the sideline, even though they are still grey on the map.

Still grey on the map? So you now have to guess that they are actually available to buy? You couldn't make it up.

rldfsignature.jpg

Slightly strange that CE2 and CE8 are open missing out the halfway line seats... same in the middle of the Kop too?! Agree with the sentiment though...

Still grey on the map? So you now have to guess that they are actually available to buy? You couldn't make it up.

Colouring in is always on Fridays, after carpet time and assembly. Everyone should know that!

Colouring in is always on Fridays, after carpet time and assembly. Everyone should know that!

Only water-based paint allowed as they'll make too much of a mess which can't be cleaned up properly... 

I've got tickets in block 204 but when I rang up they wernt many left in this one plus 205 & 206 but there is 6 of us going

Do you mean in the Kop? How would that work when they've not been released... is the Final including a ticket deal somewhere?

Do you mean in the Kop? How would that work when they've not been released... is the Final including a ticket deal somewhere?

Ye Kop. I booked them last Friday so been on sale for a week or so well blocks 204 - 206 anyway. When I rang they only had 6 seats together in block 204. It wern't part of a deal just rang RFL

Ye Kop. I booked them last Friday so been on sale for a week or so well blocks 204 - 206 anyway. When I rang they only had 6 seats together in block 204. It wern't part of a deal just rang RFL

Interesting... best get my ticket for the final quick then! 

Adverts all over TalkSport as well, in primetime drive slots; what the hell is going on This is not supposed to happen

I've also Just heard the 4nations advert on talksports popular drive show with goughie&durham.