Summer Bash

Bloody hell the season asn't started yet and everyone saying we don't deserve to be on the same field as the so called top sides.So come on then who do you think we should have been paired with?

My point is that the whole thing should now be scrapped. 

If it has to take place then I don't think anyone should be deciding on pairings based on the attractiveness of the fixtures for TV.

Maybe it should be based on rankings ? or a draw ? or any system that's fairer to all teams and doesn't leave certain teams playing tougher games than others - year after year. 

Just to highlight the point I made before - Assuming that Batley will be our close rivals again next year how can it be right that we play a FT team who are favourites for a top 4 spot whilst Batley's pairing is based on something to do with heavy wool which means nothing to most people whatsoever.   

My point is that the whole thing should now be scrapped.

If it has to take place then I don't think anyone should be deciding on pairings based on the attractiveness of the fixtures for TV.

Maybe it should be based on rankings ? or a draw ? or any system that's fairer to all teams and doesn't leave certain teams playing tougher games than others - year after year.

Just to highlight the point I made before - Assuming that Batley will be our close rivals again next year how can it be right that we play a FT team who are favourites for a top 4 spot whilst Batley's pairing is based on something to do with heavy wool which means nothing to most people whatsoever.

apart from the Bulls kr game its not even going to look attractive on the tele, just going to be a mass of empty orange seats and no atmosphere. I enjoyed last year, even though we got hammered was a good weekend, but read somewhere every club has to take a thousand tickets, weather they sell them or not. So the fixture is just an extra expense to the majority of the championship.

It doesn't bear any significance who you play in the extra game. We lost heavily in a match considered as tight as a dustbin lid last season giving Fax the apparent advantage over us. However Fax then lost some games considered to be "easy" after that.Its swings and roundabouts and teams will eventually end up losing to rivals "not worthy of them"

Some people are never happy The RFL have done something different for the championship clubs and people still moan Why not just turn up even if it's just for the day your team play and support the players As for who we play why does that matter it's an opposition on a grass field if we are good enough we will win if not we loose like last year

Surely the most obvious thing to do which hasnt been mentioned is to play your normal team you would have played any way on that perticular weekend which is fairness all round as its obvious some of the pairings are not fair and based on crowds and other things.As mentioned the extra game can greatly have an effect on final placings.

I think that because of the unevenness in fixtures the Summer Bash brings, if two sides finish on equal points at the end of the season then any Summer Bash points won should be deducted before comparing points difference.

one fixture I'm really looking forrad to

They will be two fixtures I will not be going to. French teams in English leagues is not for me.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Surely the most obvious thing to do which hasnt been mentioned is to play your normal team you would have played any way on that perticular weekend which is fairness all round as its obvious some of the pairings are not fair and based on crowds and other things.As mentioned the extra game can greatly have an effect on final placings.

Spot on. The only problem with this idea is that its much too fair and sensible for the RL.

The funniest thing here is as a London fan, Fev was the worst draw for us. You have the sign on us, with 2 and 2 last season, and you could easily argue you deserved to beat us at home BUT we finished above you not through the results with you. The only teams I would have wanted London to avoid were HKR and Fev !

The funniest thing here is as a London fan, Fev was the worst draw for us. You have the sign on us, with 2 and 2 last season, and you could easily argue you deserved to beat us at home BUT we finished above you not through the results with you. The only teams I would have wanted London to avoid were HKR and Fev !

Yeah ..You're about as unhappy with the pairings as Batley are.

For me I wish Batley were playing any other club rather than Dewsbury. Boxing day fixture, 2 league matches, Blackpool Bash and most seasons the lower 8 competition. Gets quite boring even though we should be good for 6 league points.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Bloody hell the season asn't started yet and everyone saying we don't deserve to be on the same field as the so called top sides.So come on then who do you think we should have been paired with?

Dewsbury should play someone lower down the league.....Halifax springs to mind....

Halifax V Dewsbury

Batley v Featherstone

and London V Toulouse so we can all go back to the Pub....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I am going. I fear nobody will be in the ground to see it other than ourselves. In fact i cannot believe the amount of people who just watch their teams game and do not bother with any others. Last year was a total disaster. We know we cannot be any worse this time.

Archived