Today's Game

paul

Thought first 20 minutes were hammered by the referee,but all credit to the team who defend the line magnificently,even when down to 12 men. Looked pretty good with ball, but did not have enough ball in hand. Thought Fordy was to critical in his interview to Radio York after the game about the performance of the team.

Good showing in parts yesterday

Thought James Ford's comments were constructive and if taken on board we should produce stronger performance

York by 20 plus ,hopefully  a better  attendance  on Sunday 

Now we have a future let's show our support

6 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Good showing in parts yesterday

Thought James Ford's comments were constructive and if taken on board we should produce stronger performance

York by 20 plus ,hopefully  a better  attendance  on Sunday 

Now we have a future let's show our support

Yep , will have to buck up as Barrow away soon who I expect to be either first or second in Lge 1 come the end of the season.

Given where we were at xmas i think the new knights team put in a good shift yesterday. NWC are a good side on their day, and with a slightly less eccentric refereeing performance the knights would have won. Very much work in progress but we look set for an entertaining seasons competitive rugby. 

22 hours ago, paul said:

Thought first 20 minutes were hammered by the referee,but all credit to the team who defend the line magnificently,even when down to 12 men. Looked pretty good with ball, but did not have enough ball in hand. Thought Fordy was to critical in his interview to Radio York after the game about the performance of the team.

Agree with all this apart from the bit about Fordy being too critical. I thought he was bang on. Inexperience beat us yesterday, a good example was in extra time in front of N. Wales's posts and we didn't seem to be sure who was to get the ball to attempt the drop goal. Another example was the fact it got to extra time in the first place. I thought we should have had a pot at a drop goal when our lead was 12 points to make it so they had to score 3 times. That comes with experience and I'm sure they'll learn from it. Fordy wasn't being too critical, he was saying how it was. It's no good saying everything's okay when it isn't or the lads won't ever get any better. I thought it was a smashing game even if it was frustrating at times and despite the poor refereeing. From what I read about him, he was suffering from inexperience too and let's hope he learns from it as well!

It's not about Barrow or Toronto finishing 1st Or 2nd.but if Fordy looks back at the game he will realise how much effort  his players put into that first 20 minutes and maybe we lacked a bit of experience in the final 10 minutes of the game,but you can't expect them to replace what we had last season.If we could get a couple of experienced forwards into the club we could be a club that could be competing with the likkes

12 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

Agree with all this apart from the bit about Fordy being too critical. I thought he was bang on. Inexperience beat us yesterday, a good example was in extra time in front of N. Wales's posts and we didn't seem to be sure who was to get the ball to attempt the drop goal. Another example was the fact it got to extra time in the first place. I thought we should have had a pot at a drop goal when our lead was 12 points to make it so they had to score 3 times. That comes with experience and I'm sure they'll learn from it. Fordy wasn't being too critical, he was saying how it was. It's no good saying everything's okay when it isn't or the lads won't ever get any better. I thought it was a smashing game even if it was frustrating at times and despite the poor refereeing. From what I read about him, he was suffering from inexperience too and let's hope he learns from it as well!

Agree with all that John, it takes a brave but honest coach to say those things when he's just seen his exhausted players laying devastated on the turf. After soaking up so much pressure the lads did really well to fight back to lead 16 -4, but were found wanting in the last twenty minutes with a worrying lack of game management. The knights were crying out for an old head to steer the ship and see the game out at this point, Fordy obviously believed enough experience was out there so was disappointed when it didn't happen. Still much to learn, but the players commitment to the cause was a pleasure to see.

We had a very inexperienced,young team when Scott Naylor first came to Oldham and yes it did take time but with a few additions,we now have a very close knit team who know each other,back each other up and are doing the job pretty well.It may well be the case that they just need the time to gel and get the match experience. I'm sure you'll come good.All the best.

I don't think that anyone expects it to be an easy ride this season, but it seems to me that we have a lot of raw talent and this team will take a while to gel. Let's not forget that it wasn't long ago that we didn't even know if we were going to have a team to support this season. Get behind,and encourage the team even when things are not going too well because from what I've seen so far we have got the makings of a good exciting team. It may take time,but Fordy will soon sort things out.

28 minutes ago, jayemm said:

I don't think that anyone expects it to be an easy ride this season, but it seems to me that we have a lot of raw talent and this team will take a while to gel. Let's not forget that it wasn't long ago that we didn't even know if we were going to have a team to support this season. Get behind,and encourage the team even when things are not going too well because from what I've seen so far we have got the makings of a good exciting team. It may take time,but Fordy will soon sort things out.

Well said.

This young team looked outstanding at times in both defence (first 20 minutes of constant pressure and no points against!) and attack and with a tiny bit of game management we'd have won that game so I don't think anyone is being particularly critical of the team to be honest, we all know where we are.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game on Sunday, so did my 2 kids, and we were there because the club is now worth supporting and putting money into. We'll be there this Sunday too and I'm sure we'll see even more improvement on the pitch as we've seen throughout the club so far. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

This young team looked outstanding at times in both defence (first 20 minutes of constant pressure and no points against!) and attack and with a tiny bit of game management we'd have won that game so I don't think anyone is being particularly critical of the team to be honest, we all know where we are.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game on Sunday, so did my 2 kids, and we were there because the club is now worth supporting and putting money into. We'll be there this Sunday too and I'm sure we'll see even more improvement on the pitch as we've seen throughout the club so far. 

Totally agree with everything you said Simon. I just don't want fans to expect too much this season, but I think we have the talents of some really good young young players and it might take a while for them to gel as a team. Another refreshing thing is the positive comments on this site, it appears that the majority of supporters are now optimistic about our future, which can only be a good thing. It used to really pain me the way the fans were at each others throat  due to a clown that supposedly only had the clubs interest at heart. The effort of the players was plain to see on Sunday and they are  going to better and better with each game. 

Archived