Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bearman

How good is this?

Recommended Posts

It's getting a lot of shares on the Toronto side; one of those articles which makes you proud to be a part of the Rugby League family.  You guys did an awesome job, thanks for helping spread the game over here!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bearman you are back on...finally recovered from the trip?

Glad that you are back on...I bet the lads are flying high...you really stuck it to us for awhile...a wonderful effort by all involved!  What a blast at the bar but couldn't find you to say so long (TOOOOOO 'PACK'd IN).

All The Best To You And Yours!

 

 

Just now, Bearman said:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still in Toronto drinking with Fuifui and the Wolfpack gang whilst waiting for the plane!!

  • Like 4

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Still in Toronto drinking with Fuifui and the Wolfpack gang whilst waiting for the plane!!

The things you have to suffer for rugby league ;) safe travels mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bearman said:

Still in Toronto drinking with Fuifui and the Wolfpack gang whilst waiting for the plane!!

You mean you are still in Toronto right now ?...If you're talking to Fui Fui tell him all of my students loved our picture together...they clearly thought I was the best looking...still wearing the Bears cap on my nightly bushwalk with the dog.

Does your Vias say you're allowed to stay this long...is this some backdoor attempt for citizenship?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bearman said:

Brilliant and the wolfcast is excellent too.

A few pundits and reporters in the game here should be made to read this as they seem to have forgotten what TGG is all about.

  • Like 1

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You mean you are still in Toronto right now ?...If you're talking to Fui Fui tell him all of my students loved our picture together...they clearly thought I was the best looking...still wearing the Bears cap on my nightly bushwalk with the dog.

Does your Vias say you're allowed to stay this long...is this some backdoor attempt for citizenship?

The RFL had booked us on the wrong flights. They had us and the match officials down for Monday instead of Sunday

They squeezed the MO`s onto the Sundayflight but we had to fly Monday on the redeye. Landed 10.30 am we have just got on the bus at Gatwick.

An RFL ccok up, who`d a thunk it?

  • Like 5

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great read. How anyone can think this will fail is beyond me. They have the right backing, right people in place at the moment. If they are to progress in the next couple of years I personally think Rowley will need replacing with someone who can attract the bigger names, which is what the fans will come to expect there. Also his tactics of rough everyone and everything in sight up has shown at Leigh when it came to the crunch wont work as they progress up the ladder.

I think its fantastic long may it continue

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Great read. How anyone can think this will fail is beyond me. They have the right backing, right people in place at the moment. If they are to progress in the next couple of years I personally think Rowley will need replacing with someone who can attract the bigger names, which is what the fans will come to expect there. Also his tactics of rough everyone and everything in sight up has shown at Leigh when it came to the crunch wont work as they progress up the ladder.

I think its fantastic long may it continue

Exspanding into new areas is not easy.  To a certain extent you need two of money, luck and expertise.  To expand well and establish quickly, you will need all three.

What TWP are setting out to do is unprecedented and will require all three.  Recruitment for Super League will be difficult as, by definition, there are limited players at that level (if someone can explain this to Parky, I would be grateful).  They might have difficulty with a particular position, such as prop, that would weaken their squad.  This does not detract from what they are achieved and I personally have great faith in what is possible.

  • Like 3

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Exspanding into new areas is not easy.  To a certain extent you need two of money, luck and expertise.  To expand well and establish quickly, you will need all three.

What TWP are setting out to do is unprecedented and will require all three.  Recruitment for Super League will be difficult as, by definition, there are limited players at that level (if someone can explain this to Parky, I would be grateful).  They might have difficulty with a particular position, such as prop, that would weaken their squad.  This does not detract from what they are achieved and I personally have great faith in what is possible.

Totally agree which was my point on Rowley, they will need someone with the pull to make them choose them over clubs who are part of the furniture and (hopefully) guaranteed to still be about

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This stuff doesn't get into the media by accident. It is the result of months of hard work, branding, keeping on message and providing accessibility to the club and its playing staff. Toronto Wolfpack has broken down so many barriers in such a short space of time. That alone deserves huge respect.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Another great article...its building over here...growing...growing...growing.  Good things for the future...you can feel it can't you?

Growing...growing...growing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Good things for the future...you can feel it can't you?

Growing...growing...growing!

I said the same thing to my missus on our honeymoon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, B rad said:

I said the same thing to my missus on our honeymoon.

TOOOOOOO funny...you are just too funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 7:08 AM, thepimp007 said:

Great read. How anyone can think this will fail is beyond me. They have the right backing, right people in place at the moment. If they are to progress in the next couple of years I personally think Rowley will need replacing with someone who can attract the bigger names, which is what the fans will come to expect there. Also his tactics of rough everyone and everything in sight up has shown at Leigh when it came to the crunch wont work as they progress up the ladder.

I think its fantastic long may it continue

Just out of curiosity (as pretty new to rugby) but why do you think that Rowley won't be able to attract big names in the future?

Every time we have an interview with him, he always talks about not only getting the best player, but the best person as being more important. It worked for us to get Quinn and I think it may have a good amount of pull / draw for new players in the upcoming years.

I think he is trying to build the team the right way..  it's not going out for pints with the boys that builds the team, it's the incredible hard work that they put it that allows them to bond and then celebrate with pints with each other (and with the fans) :)

 


Wolfcast Toronto
https://twitter.com/wolfcastto

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2017 at 0:44 AM, Evil Homer said:

Wolfpack feature on CTV News

 

Two things occur about this and the article above : first of all when people feel inclined to dismiss TWP what are they seeing if not something successful and well worth celebrating? And secondly TWP have already received more minutes TV coverage on a news programme than well established SL clubs in their own local areas and probably more than SL on BBC the weekend after a round. What will they bring to the party? A damn sight more than what's on offer at present, that's for sure!

  • Like 2

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wolfcastto said:

Just out of curiosity (as pretty new to rugby) but why do you think that Rowley won't be able to attract big names in the future?

Every time we have an interview with him, he always talks about not only getting the best player, but the best person as being more important. It worked for us to get Quinn and I think it may have a good amount of pull / draw for new players in the upcoming years.

I think he is trying to build the team the right way..  it's not going out for pints with the boys that builds the team, it's the incredible hard work that they put it that allows them to bond and then celebrate with pints with each other (and with the fans) :)

 

He's not really got a high-level coaching reputation, having never coached in Super League. He's never done any coaching in the NRL, nor internationally, nor did he get Leigh promoted in 2015. As much as the Toronto concept may attract big names, Rowley isn't a coach that would attract big name players compared to someone like Daryll Powell.

Edited by Saint 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

He's not really got a high-level coaching reputation, having never coached in Super League. He's never done any coaching in the NRL, nor internationally, nor did he get Leigh promoted in 2015. As much as the Toronto concept may attract big names, Rowley isn't a coach that would attract big name players compared to people like Daryll Powell.

Didn't know that and I have some research to do in regards to Daryll Powell.  What about attracting players like Ryan Brierley. I see it as trying to build the club for the future years. Certainly don't believe that Ryan would have left a team like Huddersfield for a lower tier team without some big promises for the future. (perhaps it was money that attracted him to Toronto?)


Wolfcast Toronto
https://twitter.com/wolfcastto

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wolfcastto said:

Didn't know that and I have some research to do in regards to Daryll Powell.  What about attracting players like Ryan Brierley. I see it as trying to build the club for the future years. Certainly don't believe that Ryan would have left a team like Huddersfield for a lower tier team without some big promises for the future. (perhaps it was money that attracted him to Toronto?)

Brierley previously played under Rowley at Leigh and was struggling in his chosen position at Huddersfield so it wasn't a massive shock that he moved, I think Brierley has since said as much that him struggling in his chosen position was a big part of it. I doubt Toronto are offering much more than lower Super League clubs, but I think they can offer players to be a part of something different and exciting and that is a big selling point. I don't think Rowley is putting anyone off, but I struggle to imagine many Super League or NRL players really excited about the idea of playing under a coach who has never coached at that level.

Edited by Saint 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wolfcastto said:

Didn't know that and I have some research to do in regards to Daryll Powell.  What about attracting players like Ryan Brierley. I see it as trying to build the club for the future years. Certainly don't believe that Ryan would have left a team like Huddersfield for a lower tier team without some big promises for the future. (perhaps it was money that attracted him to Toronto?)

He's right about Rowley not being a big draw for prospective signings, but I dont think its too much of an issue. Toronto as a concept is enough of a draw for players without needing a big name coach in charge.

Brierly was a very good signing at this stage in Toronto's development, but he isnt really a star of the game. He was a guy who really excelled at Championship level but was fairly mediocre when he made the step up to Super League. A few years down the line when you are looking at International standard players and guys with state of origin experience you need a coach who these guys will respect, and alot of them have probably never heard of him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...