23 Jun: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Good teams are allowed to lose. Even the greatest, Wigan in the 90s lost some. Other fans asked if we were shot. There's your answer.

think that's 8 points clear, 9 with points difference. 

Cant wait to hear from Mac now. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

For all the praise that Cas get for playing champange rugby... they are a bunch of floppers and spoilers.

we've scored nearly 200 points more than Leeds and conceded just under 100 less - all that achieved from flopping and spoiling?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

53 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Can anyone explain to me why games at Leeds always seem to finish 15 minutes later than everywhere else?

I imagine you have to factor in additional time for McGuire to question/moan about/stamp his little feet to every ref decision that doesn't go leeds' way

a lot is made about cas' attacking threat through the backs but watching them tonight ive noticed how hard the pack work, Milner, foster, Millington, mcshane, they are relentless in defence and doing the hard graft that enables gale to work on the front foot

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

More money,chance to sign better players,win Grand finals.

He has the opportunity to win a grand final at Castleford and to build a period of success there.  If he can win it this year it must be one of the best ever coaching achievements. 

2 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

For all the praise that Cas get for playing champange rugby... they are a bunch of floppers and spoilers.

You're so correct.

Why Sky have chosen to broadcast their home game v Hull FC next Friday, I have no idea.

It's the floppers and spoilers v the wrigglers and penalty seekers.

Apparently.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, chuffer said:

a lot is made about cas' attacking threat through the backs but watching them tonight ive noticed how hard the pack work, Milner, foster, Millington, mcshane, they are relentless in defence and doing the hard graft that enables gale to work on the front foot

Agreed, Powell has built a a real work ethic throughout the team and the pack seem to go under the radar at times (JSL sums it up for me, graft, skill and huge enthusiasm for everything he does).

Up to minute 52 mins.  Good try by Mr H, mugged Sutcliffe off at the end!

Maguire now throwing himself on the floor to desperately win penalties.

Wondered if Galloway was still on the field, then I saw the 115 KG of uselessness.  He is.

'Upside Down Head' had another do you know who I am?' moment and former team mates looked very worried indeed. The pre March war cry of Brian Mac getting to him?

...and what the hell is Brett Ferres eating these days?  

Up to 69 minutes.  One for the highlight reel.  Sutcliffe licked Danny Maguire in the head.  What a privilege.

'Upside Down Head' has another 'do you know who I am?' moment with Milner.  

Thats enough from me!

On a serious note, I left the game thinking it was a very good Cas performance but watching it back I think Leeds were pretty poor to be honest.  

Could yet be some interesting games to come between the 2 sides before the season ends.

Like to give Larne Patrick a shout about something that went unnoticed.

When Hardaker made the break for his try Patrick was about 30m downfield. He could have run towards Hardaker for a pass and been penalised for being offside but knowing the rules he kept out if the way - or it could have been that he was so cream crackered he thought 'sod it'.

p.s. Its not often you see a team concede 2 trys from a sum total of 8 inches from their own line.

Leeds were shocking with ball in hand. Did Sky give any statistics for handling errors? Given that, and how clearly superior Cas were in almost all areas, I share McDermott's sliver of positivity about the scramble and the energy Leeds put into what was evidently a lost cause from early in the second half.

So it confirms Cas as excellent, in the league at least, and Leeds as a side a little way off the best in the competition but probably still top 4 or 5ish. 

It's not a widely held view but I think Leeds finishing 4th and going to Wheldon Road in the play off semi would be almost ideal this year. We get to see first hand if Cas can do it when it really matters as a champion team has to. Their whole season resting on simply beating a team they always nowadays beat. And we'd get to see if the remnants of the great Leeds team can still turn something on when written off and in the most important game of the season. Cas win and they prove they are worthy shield winners and Grand Finalists. Leeds win and... well!

Archived