Toulouse predictions

graham fisher

8 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Fantastic performance from the boys, especially after 3rd game in 8 days. I was expecting us to struggle later on, but they finished stronger as Toulouse lost their discipline. Few errors and few penalties gave Toulouse few chances to put us under pressure, but when they got the opportunity, they looked dangerous. Roll on Rochdale next week, but sounds they play a niggly game.

They are niggly.  Also be prepared for a long game . Last week there game lasted nearly 100 minutes   First half today was 48 minutes. Players go down and clock is stopped.  Looking forward to next Derby. Building upto a classic.  Well done this week. Reckon you're on the upward way whilst others are sliding. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry that I missed this one, it sounds like it was a good game. A comprehensive and detailed report would be appreciated, thank you.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Magnificent performance against a team who think that they are better players than they actually are. The Rams must have had 65% ball and field possession. High set completion and just played in their faces. Mon Dieu. Simples.

Great second half performance! I thought Dale Morton was excellent taking the ball forward. My Man Of The Match. Things are starting to look a bit more rosey now. Effectively eleven games to play against the bottom eight teams, which gives The Rams a good chance to avoid the drop. 

27 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

As far as I understand they were missing their first choice 6,7 and 9.

A very good win against a side Batley softened up for you! How many favours do you owe us this season!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

32 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

A very good win against a side Batley softened up for you! How many favours do you owe us this season!

Hopefully you've softened Rochdale up for us

Can't see us making it 4 out of 4 against you lot.. Maybe 4-1 come end of the season ;)

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Yep.  Toulouse were depleted and it showed but we completed way more sets than we were capable of doing 3 months ago and gave away far fewer penalties.

I was still worried at HT when we had had so much territory and possession  and had no idea how to break the defence but it came together second half.

Doubt Toulouse will play as bad as they did today again this season but we took the chance and you cant do more than that,    especially when you consider how tired the lads must have been.  

Agree that Morton was standout today but also thought that Paul Sykes had good game.  Moore very quiet compared to Bradford but still that odd bit of quality we were missing before he came.

Onwards and upwards I hope..

53 minutes ago, FarOutRam said:

Great second half performance! I thought Dale Morton was excellent taking the ball forward. My Man Of The Match. Things are starting to look a bit more rosey now. Effectively eleven games to play against the bottom eight teams, which gives The Rams a good chance to avoid the drop. 

Dale has been our best and most consistent performer all season, in my view, even during the dark days. Always willing and brave beyond words.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

51 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Next time you come to our place PM we will queue up to give you a big kiss, behind Coolie of course. We don't want to cause a break up of a lovely relationship.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Dale has been our best and most consistent performer all season, in my view, even during the dark days. Always willing and brave beyond words.

Agree and he only gave them one try today...

2 minutes ago, NickD said:

Yep.  Toulouse were depleted and it showed but we completed way more sets than we were capable of doing 3 months ago and gave away far fewer penalties.

I was still worried at HT when we had had so much territory and possession  and had no idea how to break the defence but it came together second half.

Doubt Toulouse will play as bad as they did today again this season but we took the chance and you cant do more than that,    especially when you consider how tired the lads must have been.  

Agree that Morton was standout today but also thought that Paul Sykes had good game.  Moore very quiet compared to Bradford but still that odd bit of quality we were missing before he came.

Onwards and upwards I hope..

That must be your most optimistic post ever Nick. SL next?

??

Dale Morton was his usual hard working self, outstanding. 

The tackle rate on Sykes is brilliant, latches himself onto the players and brings them down from all angles. 

The stand out for me in the last two game is Shreffie, at the start of the season I wouldn't of put him in a championship1 side but today he looked our most effective forward. 

Aaron Brown a pleasure to watch again. 

Just lots of praise from me today :)

That was a great team effort today. So Toulouse had players missing eh, well they were still quick with the ball, knew how to get away with holding down, forward passes, being offside st a kick off, but it was laughable how many times they dropped the ball.

As indicated above, we had some outstanding players in that team and, along with Morton, Sykes and Sherrife I thought Toby Adamson had a fine game and Toby 2 looked good after only two training sessions with us.

We played really well against the wind in the second half and came alive as Toulouse looked to tire. To those supporters missing today, those with notes presented and those elsewhere, they missed a game in which the final scores flatters the visitors. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That must be your most optimistic post ever Nick. SL next?

??

Now your going mad BSJ.  The simple truth is that I bumped into Tony Scargill today and he gave me a gentle rollicking about my incessant moaning...

That said Im sure that if you went back to the days of Eddie Rombo you'd find I was constantly posting very positive stuff.

19 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

They were missing a lot more than that. Typical French/Catalan opening tactics. Bullying everything in sight down the middle of the park. Unfortunately for them, they got their come uppance.

People talk of a depleted Toulouse team! How depleted have Dewsbury Rams been all season? Toulouse looked more than capable at times. Rams were second from bottom before the game, but put in a fine performance against a top four side.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I thought that we were very lucky.

You make your own luck BSJ ..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I thought that we were very lucky.

What bait are you using ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived