2nd/3rd Sept : Super 8s - Qualifiers Match thread

On 9/1/2017 at 7:35 PM, GaryO said:

They will upset a lot more than Mr Beaumont should they lose, actually he is not the Chaiman of Leigh Centurions that handle belongs to Mike Norris, Mr Beaumont is the Owner of the club.

I am going to watch this game with a new found confidence, the transformation of the team in 7 days - from the debacle of the performance against HKR, to the game in Perpignan - was completley down to attitude and applying themselves, probably better than they have done all season, I don't know if Cunningham was responsible for this but more of it this week and we will walk away with the spoils.

Terrible weather forecast for Leigh before and during the match, don't know if it will hinder or help either team.

The centurions put Catalan to shame when it came to pride in performance, and team unity.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Well this is going well!

I know you think I'm a moaning git (which is a fair call), but are you starting to see where I'm coming from and what I've been worried about since game 3 of the season?

I think we'll do enough to stay up but I can't help thinking sentimentality has put us in this position...

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

The centurions put Catalan to shame when it came to pride in performance, and team unity.

Mind you, UKIP probably put Catalan to shame when it came to pride in performance, and team unity.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Desert Skipper said:

I know you think I'm a moaning git (which is a fair call), but are you starting to see where I'm coming from and what I've been worried about since game 3 of the season?

I think we'll do enough to stay up but I can't help thinking sentimentality has put us in this position...

No. Im nowhere near your position. Your kind of knee jerk reaction saw Cunningham in at Saints. The alternative sees Leeds in 2nd this year.

Not saying my view is right, but it isnt black and white.

Just Browny will be doing his utmost to disguise his accent.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

McDermott had won Suoer League a few times and the treble the previous year, along with losing some of his most valuable players and the disruption of the floods and no training facilities.   I think he deserves more of a break than Smith who seemed to have done well with a talented squad but just can't get your average Joe to perform to the level that Powell, McDermott or Wane can.

Maguire is rumoured to be on the list for Moran but I'm pretty sure Wigan will have him at the top of the list if they decide to replace Wane.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

A Kieran Dixon classic.

5 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

McDermott had won Suoer League a few times and the treble the previous year, along with losing some of his most valuable players and the disruption of the floods and no training facilities.   I think he deserves more of a break than Smith who seemed to have done well with a talented squad but just can't get your average Joe to perform to the level that Powell, McDermott or Wane can.

Maguire is rumoured to be on the list for Moran but I'm pretty sure Wigan will have him at the top of the list if they decide to replace Wane.

Aye Maguire is nailing it. Your equivalent in Sydney is raging.

Poor penalty that, tackle was almost instant as the ball was kicked.

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

No. Im nowhere near your position. Your kind of knee jerk reaction saw Cunningham in at Saints. The alternative sees Leeds in 2nd this year.

Not saying my view is right, but it isnt black and white.

PS correct me if I'm wrong but Cunningham wasn't brought in to replace a sacked coach was he?   I though Brown left after winning the grand final in 2014 then Cunningham was promoted?

It was the decision to replace Cunningham that had surely seen saved Saints from the bottom 4 this year....   a position I'd like us to be in.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Aye Maguire is nailing it. Your equivalent in Sydney is raging.

He's won Super League and the NRL.   Worth a punt in my opinion.

Dont assume I'm anti Smith.    I just think it's time for change and he's taken us as far as he can.

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

What's the score please?  Is an upset on the cards?

London 14:4 Warrington

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Cheers mate

This site is worth bookmarking, as it updates scores pretty quickly, and gives other information like teamsheets too: http://www.flashscore.com/rugby-league/

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

PS correct me if I'm wrong but Cunningham wasn't brought in to replace a sacked coach was he?   I though Brown left after winning the grand final in 2014 then Cunningham was promoted?

It was the decision to replace Cunningham that had surely seen saved Saints from the bottom 4 this year....   a position I'd like us to be in.

Yes i think you are right my mistake.

Ill change my example to James Lowes ?

3 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

He's won Super League and the NRL.   Worth a punt in my opinion.

Dont assume I'm anti Smith.    I just think it's time for change and he's taken us as far as he can.

I cant argue with anyone wanting Smith out after this year. I disagree, but that is a fair enough view.

Where i disagree with you is your rewriting of history to make it overly negative. 

You are happy to give McDermott and Maguire benefit of the doubt but Smith has no credit in the bank with you.

I personally disagree.

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes i think you are right my mistake.

Ill change my example to James Lowes ?

Honestly though, would you be disappointed to see Maguire brought in?   I wasn't a fan of his tactics at Wigan but he certainly knows how to get his team winning the psychological battle.   All depends on who is brought in to steer the team from the halves.   If it's Trent Hodkinson I'd feel a bit more comfortable than if Kevin Brown was our only hope...

Wire score through touch judge obviously making a huge error.

Should have been London tap on Wire 20m.

Archived