2nd/3rd Sept : Super 8s - Qualifiers Match thread

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

London will pull off an upset at some point the question in this match concerns the first 20 minutes and the last. If Warrington kill the game in he first 20 going 24-0 up then they will win by a shed load. If London are within 6 entering the last 20 the all things are possible.

Warrington like Leeds and Hudderrsfield last year are the team that on paper should not be in the qualifiers but are. Complacency might yet play a part. Still  I will tip them a win at Trailfinders.

Hull KR to win the war of the rovers

Halifax to beat Catalans which should not be that great a shock.

Widnes to beat Leigh and upset Chairman Beaumont.

They will upset a lot more than Mr Beaumont should they lose, actually he is not the Chaiman of Leigh Centurions that handle belongs to Mike Norris, Mr Beaumont is the Owner of the club.

I am going to watch this game with a new found confidence, the transformation of the team in 7 days - from the debacle of the performance against HKR, to the game in Perpignan - was completley down to attitude and applying themselves, probably better than they have done all season, I don't know if Cunningham was responsible for this but more of it this week and we will walk away with the spoils.

Terrible weather forecast for Leigh before and during the match, don't know if it will hinder or help either team.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, chuffer said:

he's going to have him for dinner, with some fava beans and a nice chianti......ff-ff-ff-ff-fff-fff

Nah, I reckon they're a reet pair of ladykillers.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 minutes ago, GaryO said:

Wearing Gimp masks?

Nah, white suits obviously.

I'm going to Ealing with two old friends, my wife, two cousins and and a newer friend.

Come on Wire.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I'm going to Ealing with two old friends, my wife, two cousins and and a newer friend.

Come on Wire.

Now that does indeed sound like a comedy.

40 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

If Fax can win it might start the slow demise of Catalans as you really cant see any way back from that. Championship next year with little hope of improving the squad and then you would imagine they could disappear altogether.

What happens if Cats win?  Could that mean Fax go the same way?

17 hours ago, GaryO said:

They will upset a lot more than Mr Beaumont should they lose, actually he is not the Chaiman of Leigh Centurions that handle belongs to Mike Norris, Mr Beaumont is the Owner of the club.

I am going to watch this game with a new found confidence, the transformation of the team in 7 days - from the debacle of the performance against HKR, to the game in Perpignan - was completley down to attitude and applying themselves, probably better than they have done all season, I don't know if Cunningham was responsible for this but more of it this week and we will walk away with the spoils.

Terrible weather forecast for Leigh before and during the match, don't know if it will hinder or help either team.

They certainly played good stuff v Catalans.  Very disciplined, aggressive and confident.  Makes you wonder what's been going wrong.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

What happens if Cats win?  Could that mean Fax go the same way?

I doubt Fax's future is resting on this, or the next three results to be honest. I believe that catalans potentially could be. They look a pretty unhinged squad at the moment so it will be interesting to see their approach if like a lot of people expect they end up in the Championship next season.

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

They certainly played good stuff v Catalans.  Very disciplined, aggressive and confident.  Makes you wonder what's been going wrong.

The Coach, was given the job but sadly he has either employed the wrong selections, tactics, or has not got the dressing room on his side, I do not know if Cunningham has made a difference tactically but the attitude displayed by the players was appreciably far in excess of anything for a long long time, could be a case of KC has been there, done that, got the T shirt, so he is listened to, on the other hand the coach has not got those attributes to call on.  Hopefully they will take the same mindset into the game against Widnes.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Rhys Williams scores for London against his former club.

London 8:0 Warrington after 10 minutes, with a conversion to come.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

All season Warrington have looked like they've played the night before.

I don't know what is wrong within the camp but it's clear something should have been done earlier in the season to rescue things.   We'll likely survive the threat of relegation but we could well be looking at record low attendances at the HJ next season, as the club seem to have dug themselves a hole where new players and coaches cant commit to joining due to the uncertainty over whether we'll be in Super League.   Such a shame we let it get this far...

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

This is great stuff from London.

3 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

All season Warrington have looked like they've played the night before.

I don't know what is wrong within the camp but it's clear something should have been done earlier in the season to rescue things.   We'll likely survive the threat of relegation but we could well be looking at record low attendances at the HJ next season, as the club seem to have dug themselves a hole where new players and coaches cant commit to joining due to the uncertainty over whether we'll be in Super League.   Such a shame we let it get this far...

You could replace everything you say with Leeds 12m ago.

Archived