Coaches position advertised

Ginock1

8 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Ive heard its not a player head coach however one of our more experienced players are taking on a a player coach role.

On a similar note i see butch barker has stepped down as elbra coach after turning the whole club around. I believe he left town as doing both roles was too much of a time restraint. Whoever the new head coach is i would love to see butch involved again now he will have more time on his hands.

The only eexperienced players we have left are Mossop,Howarth & Forber

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

wouldnt be the first signing who arrived liked that :P

Remember Cooke playing in a dinner suit and tearing us up without running and carrying more timber than Sherwood Forest ? Maybe thinking similar , but you need the players around and on the same wavelength to work off 

9 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Ive heard its not a player head coach however one of our more experienced players are taking on a a player coach role.

On a similar note i see butch barker has stepped down as elbra coach after turning the whole club around. I believe he left town as doing both roles was too much of a time restraint. Whoever the new head coach is i would love to see butch involved again now he will have more time on his hands.

When him and Ashy took over the coaching for a spell we played great rugby .

26 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

The only eexperienced players we have left are Mossop,Howarth & Forber

To me these 3 are assistant coaches at this point. I' don't know if they've even started down the route of coaching yet. We don't want a complete newbie

I’d like to see Howarth involved in the set up to . I’ve no idea what his plans are , he’s got other thriving interests , but he’s obviously really intelligent and clued up and has bags of experience , and especially in key middle positions we’ve lacked direction and quality in . He could pass on plenty to any younger guys we bring in 

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’d like to see Howarth involved in the set up to . I’ve no idea what his plans are , he’s got other thriving interests , but he’s obviously really intelligent and clued up and has bags of experience , and especially in key middle positions we’ve lacked direction and quality in . He could pass on plenty to any younger guys we bring in 

he needs to be more attacking minded , he has a very low try scoring stat for a hooker/looseforward /standoff .

52 minutes ago, town4me said:

Whos questioned him?

what I meant was some one said it was Pryce then the comments instead of being positive went in the line of , I hope not and such and such would be my choice . Cant the bod's choice be fully welcomed and the supporters fully accept and be onside until a time it is proven to be either a good one or a mistake ?

48 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

what I meant was some one said it was Pryce then the comments instead of being positive went in the line of , I hope not and such and such would be my choice . Cant the bod's choice be fully welcomed and the supporters fully accept and be onside until a time it is proven to be either a good one or a mistake ?

Don't know why they think that. He would be an excellent appointment. Been coached at the top level himself. Will have a good knowledge.

3 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Pryce comes across as very intelligent with great rugby knowledge. Would have good contacts within the game as well. 100% good appointment for me if it is him 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

It's Leon Pryce

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

agree DavidM but you can appear to be a better coach by getting results by the overspending , where ever the cash comes from who whoever broke budget 

Aye , and I guess everything plays a part in where we are now and where we go . We’ll see , hopefully the new coach gives us a kickstart and we can back him to give us a competitive season 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Aye , and I guess everything plays a part in where we are now and where we go . We’ll see , hopefully the new coach gives us a kickstart and we can back him to give us a competitive season 

need to find that orchard where havens money tree is hidden .

Archived