Coaches position advertised

Ginock1

Congratulations to the board. Took some stick in recent weeks. Me included. But this appointment shows the forward thinking of the club. A coach who has been there, done it and got the tshirt . If playing for leon doesn't get local lads in a town shirt i don't know what will. Also, a name like his could just persuade a few to get up the M6 that wouldn't normally consider.

Well done again. Now let's get the squad together.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

need a decent centre , could be Akehurst , a decent fullback , could be forrester , two good wingers to compliment hambley and at least 3 big forwards with grunt , oh and a good 9 who can play in the halves too .

I did say to start with ?

Well done BOD excellent stuff and we'll done ex BOD members esp them that take photos,just for being him...

Up the TOWN..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Yes,he said he always had connections to Cumbria and loves the rugby mad people, thinks it's s crying shame that there is no SL club here. 

Things progressed from the presentation night and thinks there's a lot of good people at the club.

He aims to be very professional but understands that there will be difficulties with players having work but touched on more than 2 sessions a week. 

Mentioned contacts in the game like Long at Saints and Radford at Hull and that he's been in the game since he was 15 day in day out so he's should know what needs to be done and hopefully have a squad in place by some time in November.

He also said that TEAM spirit was very important and he wants a happy camp. 

He come across well and realistic. 

He came across very well, seems very articulate and genuine which his half the battle. He will command instant respect from the players after what he's already achieved in the game so it's all positive.

Funny how it all changes in a week. It's been hard reading all the doom and bickering on here, hopefully it's all good from here on in.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

not sure adding extra training days will work at semi pro , I can see the logic in gaining fitness and extra hours of on field systems and game plans but full time workers may have burn out or feel family commitments and partners and chill out times getting too over stretched ? 

48 minutes ago, havenhater said:

He mentioned in his interview a guy who he used to travel up with.

What ever happened to that guy?

Was the name Craig McDowell from the Bradford Academy days?

If so thats about 1988 to 1990 when the game up here was vastly different in terms of teams and numbers. LP may still be looking through rose-tinted glasses, but he'll see himself very shortly what the game is doing in Cumbria

23 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Has there been any mention if Jonty and Gus will be staying on with Leon? I may have missed if this has already been said. 

23 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Has there been any mention if Jonty and Gus will be staying on with Leon? I may have missed if this has already been said. 

I hope we can keep them both.

wouldn't want butch involved, both Jonty and Gus for me, both have shown loyalty and commitment to the club, also Jonty well respected in the amateur ranks unlike butch, 

Archived