Coaches position advertised

Ginock1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dkw said:

Why wouldn't ken Kerr be an option? He was linked last season too with rumours he wanted to come coach in England.

Cost. Flying someone from oz then housing them and paying them.  Doesnt really suit the clubs approach to sticking to bugdets and spending wisely in C1.

I doubt the coach will be a local. I don’t believe the board will be convinced there’s enough talent locally to kick us on so an outsider will be the option to go for. Leon pryce certainly knows what he’s talking about and will attract some seasoned pros 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Maybe an outside coach will be the fresh eyes required to assess where our younger players are and assess whether our older players can still cut it. If we get a 1-2 year shot in the arm whilst still working with the community teams to develop young players it could be a winner. We can identify young lads to train with the 1st team with a view to signing them further down the line. The product on the pitch has to maintain the interest and be competitive on the back of a well communicated plan, howeber it's an incredibly difficult balance to find for the BOD. 

But voting with feet helps nobody,if we want a club we got to keep supporting it.

45 minutes ago, wonky said:

I doubt the coach will be a local. I don’t believe the board will be convinced there’s enough talent locally to kick us on so an outsider will be the option to go for. Leon pryce certainly knows what he’s talking about and will attract some seasoned pros 

A coach from outside the county who will bring some players would be great but it all comes down to money. I will be suprised if its not a local coach.

Gary Murdock or Rooney would be my pick from round Cumbria. If you get a traveller is he goner bring aload of lads in to push local lads out again!?? It's a constant circle if they go down that root. Break the duck local coach have faith in them yeah maybe won't get the results us fans want right away but stick with it. Couple of older heads from the past to steady the ship. I'd rather have a load of young guns giving there all then some travels coming for last pay days. If they are treated right and kept on board in years to come they could rep the rewards. The only down fall to this is trying to snag a few from Whiteheaven and barrow as I don't think there is enough talent/lads who want to turn pro in the Cumbria leagues.

Ashe said: "We've had 17 applications from the UK and beyond, including Australia and Ireland.

"The quality of all the applicants is first-class and there are some really experienced people among them.

"It's very satisfying for the board of what is still a League 1 club that the standard of applicants is so high.

Depends what their terms are I suppose.

18 minutes ago, townie88 said:

In a heartbeat. But certainly not with the world cup on at the moment. No chance. Ian Rooney would be my 1st choice. 

Wasn’t Rooney wanting a large whack off haven, that won’t have changed, and other than local amateurs will be have contacts in the game. Our experienced players are limited now, coward, Alex, Callum, brett, Joseph etc all leaving we need experience rather than youth imo. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Wasn’t Rooney wanting a large whack off haven, that won’t have changed, and other than local amateurs will be have contacts in the game. Our experienced players are limited now, coward, Alex, Callum, brett, Joseph etc all leaving we need experience rather than youth imo. 

I'd imagine he would be very well connected having picked amateurs from most clubs in the conference for England lions tours. Also very good friends with someone at the wigan youth set up which would only strengthen our connections. He'd be my choice if the budget allowed. 

1 hour ago, wonky said:

No he wasn't,it was the change in playing budget after he had already approached several top amateur players who had agreed to sign that led to him knocking Haven back.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

With the  departures i now think we need an out of county coach who will bring a few players with him.

We need nothing of the sort . We need a coach who is highly respected in the game by players and agents.  I'd take a guy who wants to cut his teeth in management provided he can influence young players and players coming to the end of there careers to sign up. That's all that's needed to get on a winning track in this league. The younger players need no motivation to impress and there is a glut of them out there

2 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

We need nothing of the sort . We need a coach who is highly respected in the game by players and agents.  I'd take a guy who wants to cut his teeth in management provided he can influence young players and players coming to the end of there careers to sign up. That's all that's needed to get on a winning track in this league. The younger players need no motivation to impress and there is a glut of them out there

Have you not contradicted yourself there  mate?????

Archived