Eagles finally back home

andyram

Sheffield Eagles will be playing back in Sheffield from 2018, when they will be playing on the 3G pitch at the newly built Olympic Legacy Park.

Rugby Football League are happy with all the minimum requirements needed for Championship rugby.

Not one of my favorite clubs, but I do think the fans that are left at the Eagles need this good news story.

4 minutes ago, andyram said:

Sheffield Eagles will be playing back in Sheffield from 2018, when they will be playing on the 4G pitch at the newly built Olympic Legacy Park.

Rugby Football League are happy with all the minimum requirements needed for Championship rugby.

Not one of my favorite clubs, but I do think the fans that are left at the Eagles need this good news story.

We all know when it come to the RFL and Sheffield 

Their minimum requirements will be

2 sets of posts 

3 balls

4 corner flags

1 Umbrella for the away team to get changed under, then post match the umbrella can be turned upside down and filled with water so the away team can bathe

Turn styles optional

Elevated viewing will consist of 2 breeze blocks and a plank of wood

VIP elevated viewing will comprise of 20 milk crates

And all that will be better than the dog track ;)

Not too far out Coolie reading the press release - there will be no stands as far as I can decipher but the appropriate facilities will be in place for 2019, allegedly. No doubt the entry charge will reflect the absence of basic facilities.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not too far out Coolie reading the press release - there will be no stands as far as I can decipher but the appropriate facilities will be in place for 2019, allegedly. No doubt the entry charge will reflect the absence of basic facilities.

No doubt.

But I doubt I'll be travelling to check for myself.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

10 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

Can't agree with that one, Coolie.

It might start a dangerous precedent.

Or remove a hazardous gradient.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Way I look at is this

Every team has to abide by league stipulated standards, regarding, lights, scoreboard, seating, safety standards, ground safety.. All these cost a club money.. Money they have to spend to make the RFL happy.. 

Then we have Sheffield the nomadic gypsies of the championship, since leaving dumb valley and taking refuge in a multitude of inadequate grounds where no money has to spent. 

This is a club that exists and runs on invisible money, southern hemisphere players falling off an endless conveyor belt.. Not many supports, no bar sales, very little transparent income streams but yet survive season after season. 

How the RFL can be happy with minimum requirements when it's simply an artificial playing field with no stands, electronic scoreboard and lights that would be suitable for a TV game.. All things that fit "minimum standards 

I'm convinced Mark aston has some compromising photos of Nigel Wood and rolls them out everytime the pressure is on Sheffield 

Sheffield finished 6th in the play off money.. A team with nothing, came above clubs like dewsbury and Batley who run their clubs within its means

It don't just add up ;)

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Way I look at is this

Every team has to abide by league stipulated standards, regarding, lights, scoreboard, seating, safety standards, ground safety.. All these cost a club money.. Money they have to spend to make the RFL happy.. 

Then we have Sheffield the nomadic gypsies of the championship, since leaving dumb valley and taking refuge in a multitude of inadequate grounds where no money has to spent. 

This is a club that exists and runs on invisible money, southern hemisphere players falling off an endless conveyor belt.. Not many supports, no bar sales, very little transparent income streams but yet survive season after season. 

How the RFL can be happy with minimum requirements when it's simply an artificial playing field with no stands, electronic scoreboard and lights that would be suitable for a TV game.. All things that fit "minimum standards 

I'm convinced Mark aston has some compromising photos of Nigel Wood and rolls them out everytime the pressure is on Sheffield 

Sheffield finished 6th in the play off money.. A team with nothing, came above clubs like dewsbury and Batley who run their clubs within its means

It don't just add up ;)

I suppose some people may be interested in your views on your west Yorkshire neighbours,Wakefield and Castleford,and how over recent years,they have not spent money on stadia improvements yet now find themselves positioned quite high in Super League.

You should worry about your memory as it was only last year,2016,that Sheffield Eagles ran a bit short of money while playing at Bawtry Road.It would seem that the 'gullible' board of directors entered into a contract to lease some seating which proved too expensive.I think that indictes that money was,and has been spent.

Suggestions that the RFL have been,and are,of some assistance are well wide of the mark.when the club reformed after the 'merger' they started in the lowest tier.Other clubs,more recently,have not done so.

When the club ran short of money,last year,the RFL were in close contact as they were repeatedly thanked for their involvement in the stadium negotiations with the OLP/Council,by the then CEO John Whaling.

Give it a hundred years and i'm sure the club will be run correctly - just like Dewsbury and Batley.We can even have brawls in the hospitality areas.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I suppose some people may be interested in your views on your west Yorkshire neighbours,Wakefield and Castleford,and how over recent years,they have not spent money on stadia improvements yet now find themselves positioned quite high in Super League.

You should worry about your memory as it was only last year,2016,that Sheffield Eagles ran a bit short of money while playing at Bawtry Road.It would seem that the 'gullible' board of directors entered into a contract to lease some seating which proved too expensive.I think that indictes that money was,and has been spent.

Suggestions that the RFL have been,and are,of some assistance are well wide of the mark.when the club reformed after the 'merger' they started in the lowest tier.Other clubs,more recently,have not done so.

When the club ran short of money,last year,the RFL were in close contact as they were repeatedly thanked for their involvement in the stadium negotiations with the OLP/Council,by the then CEO John Whaling.

Give it a hundred years and i'm sure the club will be run correctly - just like Dewsbury and Batley.We can even have brawls in the hospitality areas.

Wow your going to have hospitality area as well,your really pushing the boat out now.

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Nice distraction post AC.

Given that your gates at the end of the season, in a rented ground with no income from other sources, struggled to reach 400 then just where does your income come from? I don't see hosts of sponsors advertising in your programme (was there one?) or billboards around the ground so you should excuse the regular question that is asked of your club - where is their magic money tree.

Now it might be that your squad cost less than the rest of us, except that you had a host of overseas players who cost a fair bit more than the run of the mill in the rest of the league. A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, perhaps?

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Wow your going to have hospitality area as well,your really pushing the boat out now.

Don't get giddy graham

It's a 6 man tent with a hot dog stand from the speedway... And a radio Sheffield freebie... I would like to donate a couple of patio chairs for the executive seating area ;)

2 hours ago, Bat Lad said:

must admit how Sheffield survive and put out a pretty strong team each year is a mystery

Some say that Tubby learned his coaching and recruitment skills at The Crossroads, a pub just outside Castleford I think.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

From the pictures posted elsewhere the pitch looks to be in a pretty similar position to where it was in the old DVS. However, I don't believe for a second that it will be anywhere near the minimum standards required of a Championship ground by the start of the 2018 season.

Do you know what these minimum standards are? Did Belle Vue meet them last season?

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Do you know what these minimum standards are? Did Belle Vue meet them last season?

Link here: http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/FACILITYSTANDARDS2016 final PDF.pdf I'd guess it does for Championship but probably not for SL............but then again neither does 'The Jungle'

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Link here: http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/FACILITYSTANDARDS2016 final PDF.pdf I'd guess it does for Championship but probably not for SL............but then again neither does 'The Jungle'

Thanks Mr Sidestep - interesting reading.

I hear that Kevin Costner has been given a complementary season ticket - is this true?

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I hear that Kevin Costner has been given a complementary season ticket - is this true?

Is that a ticket that tells him it loved all his films, and thought he was a better actor than Larry Olivier ? Should this be on the rumour mill ? :scratchhead:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Is that a ticket that tells him it loved all his films, and thought he was a better actor than Larry Olivier ? Should this be on the rumour mill ? :scratchhead:

No, it's the one that tells him to "Build the field..................."

Archived