2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, town4me said:

Hmmmmm. Don't know what to make of a T&S announcement instead of twitter. Either a double swoop from haven or an out of county coup?

might just be a case of nobody wants to get up first thing in morning to put it on twitter 

8 hours ago, millomite said:

Or Dawson. They were all in Muffin break in Workington Tuesday night

Jeez - Muffin break - the crucible of all truths!  Once upon a time all these deals were sealed at some motorway service station. All we need now is a couple of forwards with mobility and an off load game and things are looking up. 

7 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Everything's looking up .. is the "major" new hooker for town or haven ? Can't make sense of the posts lol

miller a welcome addition and Dawson likewise .. haven be looking over their shoulder :) 

Miller off haven will be a coup. I am liking the haven fans saying burns will be better anyway. Yeah whatever. 

10 minutes ago, town4me said:

Miller off haven will be a coup. I am liking the haven fans saying burns will be better anyway. Yeah whatever. 

I can't believe we are getting El back, why would haven let him go ? I expected them to be spending big again after last seasons efforts, I certainly didn't see us getting him back off them.

37 minutes ago, town4me said:

Burns looked a better fullback on the few occasions he played there last season,Miller is a good player but is an out and out winger.

20 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Burns looked a better fullback on the few occasions he played there last season,Miller is a good player but is an out and out winger.

You seen burns play more than me davo so fair enough but I'd have  EM in my squad before burns after what i have seen and know of him. Also saw your post on havens forum running down our new signing jamie foster.

9 hours ago, town4me said:

Hmmmmm. Don't know what to make of a T&S announcement instead of twitter. Either a double swoop from haven or an out of county coup?

2 great signings there.  Our backs are looking really exciting, there won’t be a better back 3 than foster, ell and sam in this league. Newton will give everything he has, people may not like the over celebrating but nobody can doubt his passion. Squads looking really good now. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Excellent news, of all the players who have left us for haven over the last few years Ell was the one which left me the most gutted, great to have him back in a town shirt. I do agree though that he has to be used as a winger or possibly a centre, with forrester and rooke left to fight it out for FB.

Have to admit i dont know much about Newton ability wise, probably because of the way he acts its easy to judge him on that and not what he does with the ball. If he has spent 5 years at Haven most of which were in the level above he must be a talented lad so shod be a good signing.

5 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Excellent news, of all the players who have left us for haven over the last few years Ell was the one which left me the most gutted, great to have him back in a town shirt. I do agree though that he has to be used as a winger or possibly a centre, with forrester and rooke left to fight it out for FB.

Have to admit i dont know much about Newton ability wise, probably because of the way he acts its easy to judge him on that and not what he does with the ball. If he has spent 5 years at Haven most of which were in the level above he must be a talented lad so shod be a good signing.

By the way Leon says Elliot is the best fullback in the area I think it’s safe to think he will be number 1 with sam on a wing. Tbf I don’t scott will be ever used there will 4 talented players in front of him for that position. 

33 minutes ago, wonky said:

By the way Leon says Elliot is the best fullback in the area I think it’s safe to think he will be number 1 with sam on a wing. Tbf I don’t scott will be ever used there will 4 talented players in front of him for that position. 

Yeah good point, although he also says Newton is the best number 9 in the area so he's obviously still learning 

50 minutes ago, wonky said:

2 great signings there.  Our backs are looking really exciting, there won’t be a better back 3 than foster, ell and sam in this league. Newton will give everything he has, people may not like the over celebrating but nobody can doubt his passion. Squads looking really good now. 

Don't forget our TOP try scorer Hambley,who has size,knows where that try line is too, yes we know he has a bit of work to do defensively but I think he's got loads to work with so there's a lot of competition. 

Competition will up people's games, I think and it's my opinion but defence is more a mindset that your not going to miss that tackle,your going to win the contact and put your body on the line. 

One things for sure , this off season is so exciting ?, never heard so many people talking about #ourtown

Squads coming together nicely. Awesome to have Elliott back on board, hope he's on the wing just for the song :D Back home where he belongs.

Hopefully James will show us all what he can do and prove all us sceptics wrong. If he's wearing blue & white and gives his all that is all I ask and he will have my full support. Maybe i will find it funny if he's dancing jigs in front of the Haven fans when we beat them! :P

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

The way Leon ends the statement saying we are 3 or 4 players short and he is looking for young, athletic players it sounds like we might not be seeing Forber and Mossop back next season.

If that is the case i hope the club do something to honour 2 outstanding servants to Workington Town and give us chance to give them the send off they deserve!

Still think both players are worth another year even if they are used more as back up players, they are exceptional role models for the younger players to learn from 

20 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

The way Leon ends the statement saying we are 3 or 4 players short and he is looking for young, athletic players it sounds like we might not be seeing Forber and Mossop back next season.

If that is the case i hope the club do something to honour 2 outstanding servants to Workington Town and give us chance to give them the send off they deserve!

Still think both players are worth another year even if they are used more as back up players, they are exceptional role models for the younger players to learn from 

I think there’s still more signings from last season to come, im sure Stuart is here next year and is yet to be announced and we definately need 3 half backs in the squad so I’d be shocked if forber  isn’t one of them. We only have 16 signed on so it must be another 4 on top of the resignings we have. 

Absolutely chuffed to bits that Elliott has come home , just didn’t see that coming . He’s the only one I thought left a big hole and wanted back . Fingers crossed he stays fit and well as he’s as good as we’ll see in this league . I’ve only seen newton against us , but beyond all the antics I did like what he was doing to be  honest . Always in the thick of it , gives 100% , and he has that mongrel you need in a team on the pitch and which we’ve lacked . Type of player you hate against you but appreciate with you I’d guess . With Elliott , Foster and Hambley we now have three proven strike players , with potential of the more inexperienced lads there in spades to . We are getting that bit nailed , they just need the ammo from the middle and the platform from the pack and you can guarantee they’ll do the rest , and it’s been a while since we’ve been able to say that 

Archived