2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

39 minutes ago, wonky said:

I think there’s still more signings from last season to come, im sure Stuart is here next year and is yet to be announced and we definately need 3 half backs in the squad so I’d be shocked if forber  isn’t one of them. We only have 16 signed on so it must be another 4 on top of the resignings we have. 

We only have 16....stop getting greedy pal? 

At this stage last year I bet we were in an much earlier stage of squad building.

But I have faith that maybe there won't be enough days in the week next week. ?

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, town4me said:

Miller is simply a coup. If you listened to the barrow v haven playoff final newton was outstanding and was a right handful for barrow. Well done all  for bringing these two lads in. UTT?

I was at the final, said to my haven supporting father in law that second half if haven win it will be down to newton. I thought he had s fine game that day.

2 minutes ago, Route66 said:

On the subject of Newton no player was more disliked as much as Brad Hepi before he signed for town,once he pulls a town shirt on and shows that level of commitment he will soon be a favourite 

Hepi was the first name that came to mind when I heard Newton signed. He was an annoying sod when he played against us, but then when he was our player he was an annoying sod for the opposition and we loved it. 

Really please to get these two in Town colours, the board and Leon are really trying to put a decent side out and now we must try to get the lost supporters back supporting Town , buying season tickets and merchandise , sponsoring players , sponsoring matches will help  fund these excellent signings, the board and Leon are doing there best we must do ours .

Welcome to Town Newts (didn't thing I would ever say that :biggrin:

Welcome to Town Jamie, the girls will love you :airkiss:

Welcome back Ell , knew you couldn't  keep away :wink:  

Welcome back to both of you, I was gutted when El left but looking back it was difficult to say no to that kind of money, and Newts...I've always liked him. ;) When he pulls that blue and white shirt on we all be behind him, as somebody mentioned we all hated Brad Hepi and he became a Town hero. Well done to the BOD.

3 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

The way Leon ends the statement saying we are 3 or 4 players short and he is looking for young, athletic players it sounds like we might not be seeing Forber and Mossop back next season.

If that is the case i hope the club do something to honour 2 outstanding servants to Workington Town and give us chance to give them the send off they deserve!

Still think both players are worth another year even if they are used more as back up players, they are exceptional role models for the younger players to learn from 

I think Carl has at least another season in him and would love to keep him, we need cover for all positions.

All good news and well done to all , elliot is back and as I said previously will be fullback , it is one of the reasons he left to haven and the reason he has now quit haven as burns has been given the nod to go there , my personal feeling is miller at fb and forrester on the wing is at odds with their best abilities and a bit like square pegs in round holes , again only my own honest shout and I think it will possibly be rearranged as the season goes on .

These things often work themselves out . I honestly  wouldn’t get focused on who’s gonna play where , it’s about having as many good potent players as possible and take it from there . It’s a big change from last year with forwards and totally blunt weapons in back positions , and it’s all very very promising in giving us many more attacking options 1-5 

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

On the subject of Newton no player was more disliked as much as Brad Hepi before he signed for town,once he pulls a town shirt on and shows that level of commitment he will soon be a favourite 

Havn't spoken to Brad for a while now but I know he always hoped Tyla would play for Town. So did I. I think he has the potential to be a chip of the old block.

2 good signings. Elliot should be on one wing and foster on the other. Sam at fullback. 

Newton is a capable hooker at this level. In my opinion, not as good as callum but I will support anyone who puts the town shirt on!

With the addition of 2 more props and addition 2nd row. I think we can really push on this year. 

He’s different I guess more than anything . Callum was a dynamic runner but Newton may be able to do the nuts n bolts he wasn’t so accomplished at ? Be interested from haven fans if he has a kicking game from dummy half 

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

These things often work themselves out . I honestly  wouldn’t get focused on who’s gonna play where , it’s about having as many good potent players as possible and take it from there . It’s a big change from last year with forwards and totally blunt weapons in back positions , and it’s all very very promising in giving us many more attacking options 1-5 

last season was a Barrow style rebuild project and 5 yr plan David , aided by long term loans , hambley 20 try's a blunt weapon ? wow if he sharpens up it will be 34 then , lets see who will beat that tally this season .  .A complete U-turn and that is now all in the bin , back to season pro's full time coach and travellers . Its all a very exciting and very bold and ambitous new direction , cant see where rooke and lister will fit in with so many options a head of them and mewes looks like he probably wont be around this term , they were all a project of developing young locals an a bit unfair to have a pop at them with "totally blunt weapons" 

7 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

last season was a Barrow style rebuild project and 5 yr plan David , aided by long term loans , hambley 20 try's a blunt weapon ? wow if he sharpens up it will be 34 then , lets see who will beat that tally this season .  .A complete U-turn and that is now all in the bin , back to season pro's full time coach and travellers . Its all a very exviting and very bold and ambitous new direction , cant see where rooke and lister will fit in with so many options a head of them and mewes looks like he probably wont be around this term , they were all a project of developing young locals an a bit unfair to have a pop at them with "totally blunt weapons" 

Excellent post

i thought it was self evident that I’m talking about options and go to players . Hambley was our main strike weapon who was ever present . Moore , Mossop , Rasool in the centres , we had very limited attacking prowess and pace ? I don’t how that can be argued with on what we watched 

55 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He’s different I guess more than anything . Callum was a dynamic runner but Newton may be able to do the nuts n bolts he wasn’t so accomplished at ? Be interested from haven fans if he has a kicking game from dummy half 

Gotta decent left peg on him as good kicking days and some bad uns when you think just leave that to the halves not as dynamite as callum but 100% effort every game

22 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Remember That we’ve kept the majority of the squad with a couple of exits. The good work of last year hasn’t been turned away from it’s actually being enhanced. One of the first things on the plan was to stabilise finances and deal with legacy issues. I really don’t see this as a new direction just a 2nd year progression of the old

you'd make some Politician marra :tongue: , but its not a bad change in direction and was probably needed . Will there be any news on released players soon if there are any ?

45 minutes ago, donald said:

Gotta decent left peg on him as good kicking days and some bad uns when you think just leave that to the halves not as dynamite as callum but 100% effort every game

Newton and callum different types of player. Donald Callum regularly gets special treatment from just about every opposition he plays against which takes its toll but amazingly goes unseen by officials so dont bank on him being on the pitch for 80 minutes for every game pal.

7 minutes ago, donald said:

Watch this space 

I know he’s without a club but surely he’s miles too good for league 1, says he’s in talks with 3 super league clubs and 1 championship so I think it’s a 10000/1 chance 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

23 minutes ago, donald said:

Watch this space 

Pryce and Hock were in the same team the last time we beat the Aussies. Maybe Peacock and Morley are coming out of retirement as well.  ;)

50 minutes ago, donald said:

Gareth Hock next big signing for town watch this space 

Hey Donald I parked my car in Whitehaven yesterday and left 2 Haven season tickets on the dashboard. Somebody smashed the car window......and left 2 more.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived