James Graham not sorry for cheating claim

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn’t agree more with James Graham on this one. What do you expect if you mic up a referee?? 

Same goes for when you put a camera up in the changing rooms and you see somebody’s co@k!!

James Graham is absolutely correct. RL needs to be very careful of the direction it is heading, Many people including myself already see it as being over sanitised.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

James Graham is totally correct. If people don't like it then the solution is clear, just don't put microphones on the referees. 

Exactly, cricket is having similar issues with wicket mics. There's a place for this stuff, like ref review sessions, but I don't think it enhances anything for us at home.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Exactly, cricket is having similar issues with wicket mics. There's a place for this stuff, like ref review sessions, but I don't think it enhances anything for us at home.

I agree.

Get rid of the Ref mics, having that sort of swearing beamed into peoples homes watching the game with their Kids is not on IMO.

I respect Graham as a player but he comes across as a real gobby  ###### on the field who often loses control of himself for not much reason, its often laughable.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

4 minutes ago, Allora said:

I agree.

Get rid of the Ref mics, having that sort of swearing beamed into peoples homes watching the game with their Kids is not on IMO.

I respect Graham as a player but he comes across as a real gobby  ###### on the field who often loses control of himself for not much reason, its often laughable.

I agree about getting rid of the ref mics but disagree with you about James Graham. To me Graham just comes across as somebody who’s very committed and passionate and puts everything and more on the line to win. 

8 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

I agree about getting rid of the ref mics but disagree with you about James Graham. To me Graham just comes across as somebody who’s very committed and passionate and puts everything and more on the line to win. 

I know what you are saying but his approach to Refs in the NRL and some of the things he loses his rag about come across as a man losing his mind.

There is a way to complain and go about things in a manner that may get you somewhere, his style just pegs himself forever.

5 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

James Graham is absolutely correct. RL needs to be very careful of the direction it is heading, Many people including myself already see it as being over sanitised.

Hallelujah to that . Totally so from the game we knew 

30 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Exactly ...and we wouldn’t need to hear the ref literally talking players through the game for 80 minutes . ‘ don’t go high ... move .. away ... get square ... you’re offside .. held ...mooove ‘ multiplied by a thousand 

:tongue: Hell would freeze over before Graham ever apologizes for anything. You can never question his passion for his country. He's your typical, tough Pommie c...guy that does not give two sh#$ts about anything. 

Forget micing up the ref, mic Graham up every time he dons the English jersey!

I’m amazed Smith didn’t collapse in shock at someone speaking to or about him without fawning all over him . I’m adding that moment to my WC highlights , more getting into them like this in sport the better . To often we’re timid in approach or tone 

29 minutes ago, Allora said:

I agree.

I agree with much of this, although I wouldn't get rid of mics. I don't think it is a major issue, the rare occasion we do hear a swear word the commentators apologise and we move on.

On Graham, I think he is an excellent player, a warrior and I would happily have him on my team. But he doesn't appear to have any class, based on videos of him being drunk, biting on the field, gobbing off, harassing refs etc.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m amazed Smith didn’t collapse in shock at someone speaking to or about him without fawning all over him . I’m adding that moment to my WC highlights , more getting into them like this in sport the better . To often we’re timid in approach or tone 

You obviously do not know Smith.

He is no Prima donna he can give and take it as much as any player, you do not play as many games as he has without being targeted and sledged in the NRL.

Just now, Allora said:

You obviously do not know Smith.

He is no Prima donna he can give and take it as much as any player, you do not play as many games as he has without being targeted and sledged in the NRL.

I must admit i do not know Smith . Hands up 

I never understand why broadcasters always apologise for language picked up on the mics they put into the heat of the action in the first place . They do it constantly in boxing when they shove a mic in a corner ! If you’re gonna do it take what you get or don’t do it 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I never understand why broadcasters always apologise for language picked up on the mics they put into the heat of the action in the first place . They do it constantly in boxing when they shove a mic in a corner ! If you’re gonna do it take what you get or don’t do it 

In this case, the BBC don't have a choice. They are not the host broadcaster. They were taking sound and pictures from another company, and in sport this will be common.

33 minutes ago, RLfave said:

:tongue: Hell would freeze over before Graham ever apologizes for anything. You can never question his passion for his country. He's your typical, tough Pommie c...guy that does not give two sh#$ts about anything. 

Forget micing up the ref, mic Graham up every time he dons the English jersey!

Was all that swearing necessary?

rldfsignature.jpg

And the swearing was louder on the Premier re-run I watched. On the BBC it was just about loud enough to be picked up, on Premier it was clear. Thought it was the same feed though?

1 minute ago, shaun mc said:

And the swearing was louder on the Premier re-run I watched. On the BBC it was just about loud enough to be picked up, on Premier it was clear. Thought it was the same feed though?

Throughout the tournament the background volume has been lower on the BBC. The atmsophere came across far better on the C7/Premier feed.

Archived