Larndan Broncos V Batley Bulldogs MOM

redditchbulldog

In a stop start season as it seems to be ,onto round 6 and we have only played 3 of those as the Bulldogs travel darn sarf to that there Landan town to take on the unbeaten Broncos,can we dare dream to that we can get a rare win down there.

Please vote for your Bulldogs' Man of the Match after Sundays  game. This is open to opposition and neutral supporters at the game as well as Bulldogs supporters.

Voting will be open till Saturday after the game to allow the ones that don't get there but get the DVD of the game to have chance to watch and vote

1st, 2nd & 3rd choices  please.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Just now, greensman01 said:

Puts the gulf into some perspective!

Sort of but it is predictable isn't it? We always seem to capitulate down there. Is losing by 50+ points acceptable? 

I didn't go this time so obviously can't comment on today's performance, but how come this usually happens against them? If we think, as a team, that we should be competing for that top six place, we surely need to be more competitive against the top sides. 

29 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Sort of but it is predictable isn't it? We always seem to capitulate down there. Is losing by 50+ points acceptable? 

then again what do their players do all day?.....they don't actually work for a living do they?....maybe they get involved in a bit of training 5 days a week...

our lads travel 200 miles to play a pro side.....lambs to the slaughter.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 minutes ago, RPH said:

then again what do their players do all day?.....they don't actually work for a living do they?....bit of training 7 days a week...

Yup. I accept that totally. And they have stuffed some decent teams this season, especially at home. And even in our Super 8 season we got a beating there. However, if we expect to be up there this season,  just feel we need to be more competitive against the top teams away. 

But as l said before, l didn't go today so accept l might be wrong with my comments. 

10 minutes ago, distantdog said:

But as l said before, l didn't go today so accept l might be wrong with my comments. 

Correct........

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

TBH I get the impression we don't seem to go in to games against the top side with a winning mentality. Looking at the team selection today, we seemed to go in to it with a weakened side, no Leak, Ward etc. Diskin seemed to rest some of our better players against the top sides last season too. Therefore, it isn't much of a surprise we are not competing with the full time teams, as we are not facing them with our strongest side. 

It seems a very different approach to Kear, who would go all out to win every match, regardless of how good the opposition was.

I maybe wrong, but Diskin's approach seems to be, to finish in the top 6, we only have to beat the sides below us twice and the spot is secured, even if we do not compete with any of the 5 teams above us. He may be right and this mentality may pay off in the long term?

However, I could be totally wrong about the circumstances and the absentees were all injured and therefore not rested.  

1 minute ago, DOGFATHER said:

TBH I get the impression we don't seem to go in to games against the top side with a winning mentality. Looking at the team selection today, we seemed to go in to it with a weakened side, no Leak, Ward etc. Diskin seemed to rest some of our better players against the top sides last season too. Therefore, it isn't much of a surprise we are not competing with the full time teams, as we are not facing them with our strongest side. 

It seems a very different approach to Kear, who would go all out to win every match, regardless of how good the opposition was.

I maybe wrong, but Diskin's approach seems to be, to finish in the top 6, we only have to beat the sides below us twice and the spot is secured, even if we do not compete with any of the 5 teams above us. He may be right and this mentality may pay off in the long term?

However, I could be totally wrong about the circumstances and the absentees were all injured and therefore not rested.  

That seems to be the message the players seem to go on the pitch with , let's hope Dom suspension doesn't hurt us too much

IMG_0583.JPG

Linesman ran on waving his flag. And the card was produced. Just after Rowey had a try chalked off which he clearly grounded. So frustration got the better of him I reckon. Dom was like a bear with a sore head all game to be fair.

Dom told the linesman it was ##### rubbish decision after chalking off reitties try which was a few mins after Rowe's try was chalked off and both trys looked good as was standing in that corner and then we capitulated then letting in 24 pts in last 15 mins after they had played some decent rugby, ok they were never going to win as Sammut was running the show.

any way onto MOM

1) Joel Farrell

2) James Brown

3) Issak Farrell

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

A tough day, and after a decent first 25 minutes in the second half, they threw the ball around against a tiring 12 men and ran some late simple tries in, giving the score line a slightly flattering look. But make not mistake. They were miles better than us today, but did any of us really expect anything else? 

And the bulldogs support in numbers looked the lowest I've ever seen.

James Brown

Pat Walker

Joel Farrell

2 hours ago, LuckyDog said:

giving the score line a slightly flattering look. 

Your having a laugh surely they scored 68 ... sixty eight points ffs!!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 12/03/2018 at 9:10 PM, Keep The Faith said:

Having watched the game back 

i’ll Go 

Joel Farrell 

galbraith 

patch walker/James brown

Did you get dvd from Ernie one at BISSA. ??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

voting now closed and not taken too long to tot up the votes which was expected

1) James Brown 12 pts

2) Joel Farrell 7 pts

3) Patch Walker 5 pts

4) issak Farrell 3 pts

5) Galbraith 3 pts

6) Alex Rowe 1 pt

so points for running total

1) James Brown 3 pts

2) Joel Farrell 2 pts

3) Patch Walker 1 pt