4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Edit: Just listening to Fury’s interview with BT and he’s talking about the contractural third fight with Wilder in the new Las Vegas Raiders American Football stadium.

Wilder is bound to have some sort of rematch clause in there in the event of him losing. It seems pretty standard for current champions to do so.

• Like 1

Looks like Mark Breland is gonna be the scapegoat , but I think he only deserves praise . It’s ok for Deas and Wilder to talk about going out on your shield , but there’s also common sense on a how a fight is going , how a fighter is looking , and that fighters future and wellbeing . He talks about having a body on his record , he should thank Breland it wasn’t his . He was smashed to smithereens with no end to it in sight . Honestly if Deas wanted that to go on just so he could be carried out in some faux brave glory , wilder needs to look for a new trainer . Brave trainers damage fighters 

Edited by DavidM

if that's modern heavyweight boxing at its best you can keep it, a grapple and cuddle fest , one fighter with nothing to offer whatsoever against the great white dope, seen better fights in the playground, when the fight was stopped fury wasn't even connecting with anything meaningful , mike Tyson would have took them both on at the same time in his prime and laid them both clean out on the canvas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

if that's modern heavyweight boxing at its best you can keep it, a grapple and cuddle fest , one fighter with nothing to offer whatsoever against the great white dope, seen better fights in the playground, when the fight was stopped fury wasn't even connecting with anything meaningful , mike Tyson would have took them both on at the same time in his prime and laid them both clean out on the canvas

If this is modern forum posting you can keep it. 

• Like 1

I have to confess, I didn't give Fury much of a chance.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

If this is modern forum posting you can keep it. 

He is attention seeking.

54 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I have to confess, I didn't give Fury much of a chance.  

I think we would have done if we knew and serious and focussed he clearly was.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

5 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

He is attention seeking.

the whole thing was dire, my mrs has punched me harder than that pair of wet flannels after a sat nite out, wilder was a show room dummy getting tapped by a tribute to butterbean

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

the whole thing was dire, my mrs has punched me harder than that pair of wet flannels after a sat nite out, wilder was a show room dummy getting tapped by a tribute to butterbean

This you? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Speculation has already begun around what the next fight will be. Everybody obviously wants AJ-Fury for undisputed but I suspect Wilder will go for the rematch.

He might not want to but might feel it's his only option for the same reason AJ rematched Ruiz straight away. Let's face it, people aren't going to be falling over themselves to gift Wilder a title shot. He might be clumsy but he's still very dangerous. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Looks like Mark Breland is gonna be the scapegoat , but I think he only deserves praise . It’s ok for Deas and Wilder to talk about going out on your shield , but there’s also common sense on a how a fight is going , how a fighter is looking , and that fighters future and wellbeing . He talks about having a body on his record , he should thank Breland it wasn’t his . He was smashed to smithereens with no end to it in sight . Honestly if Deas wanted that to go on just so he could be carried out in some faux brave glory , wilder needs to look for a new trainer . Brave trainers damage fighters 

I didn't know Mark Breland was involved with Wilder's team. He was a damn good boxer in his day, and had a sideline as a passable actor too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I didn't know Mark Breland was involved with Wilder's team. He was a damn good boxer in his day, and had a sideline as a passable actor too.

Oh I remember vaguely , either the star chamber or lords of discipline as a bullied marine ? 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Oh I remember vaguely , either the star chamber or lords of discipline as a bullied marine ? 

Lords of Discipline was his screen debut.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It’s a strange one . He was called wilders ‘coach’ whereas Jay Deas is his ‘ trainer ‘ . He told Deas he was thinking of throwing the towel in , Deas said don’t do that ... and he throw it over his head ! Apparently they were , err , gonna talk about it later . You could see wilder asking Breland ‘ what did you do that for ? ‘ . Well big lad watch the replay and see why . 

36 minutes ago, Cookiepuss said:

One of the classiest amateurs I've ever seen and a more than decent pro career after the 84 Olympics.

I remember him dismantling Lloyd Honeyghan, who had really started believing his own hype by then.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

When does Dillian White ever get his shot now ? It’s been terrible how he’s been frozen out 

In hindsight, he should have taken the second AJ fight.

He's been treated appallingly by Wilder and the WBC, but like you say there isn't going to be much chance now for a long time. His best bet would probably be Fury beating AJ and then retiring. The breakup of the belts would give him a shot.

The problem is that he'll have to keep on winning to get his shot and that's far from guaranteed. 

Any sympathy I had for Deontay Wilder has quickly diminished. The guy has no class. 

So much for his no excuses, he's blamed his 18kg outfit that he walked out in for his loss. He's also claimed Fury's punches didn't hurt and that he shouldn't have been pulled out, repeating his statements about wanting a body in the ring and being willing to give up his body if necessary. 

Compare that to Anthony Joshua's comments after the Ruiz fight and how he's still not revealed what went wrong. 

10 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

The problem is that he'll have to keep on winning to get his shot and that's far from guaranteed. 

Yes indeed , because he’s fighting at world championship level without the belts 

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Any sympathy I had for Deontay Wilder has quickly diminished. The guy has no class. 

So much for his no excuses, he's blamed his 18kg outfit that he walked out in for his loss. He's also claimed Fury's punches didn't hurt and that he shouldn't have been pulled out, repeating his statements about wanting a body in the ring and being willing to give up his body if necessary. 

Compare that to Anthony Joshua's comments after the Ruiz fight and how he's still not revealed what went wrong. 

So the build up to the third fight begins.

Stay tuned for talk of ‘rabbit’ punches that perforated eardrums etc etc.

Got to sell those tickets somehow!