Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When does Dillian White ever get his shot now ? It’s been terrible how he’s been frozen out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cookiepuss said:

One of the classiest amateurs I've ever seen and a more than decent pro career after the 84 Olympics.

I remember him dismantling Lloyd Honeyghan, who had really started believing his own hype by then.


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilder will try next time. It was Fury's turn to win at the weekend according to the terms of the contract.


Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DavidM said:

When does Dillian White ever get his shot now ? It’s been terrible how he’s been frozen out 

In hindsight, he should have taken the second AJ fight.

He's been treated appallingly by Wilder and the WBC, but like you say there isn't going to be much chance now for a long time. His best bet would probably be Fury beating AJ and then retiring. The breakup of the belts would give him a shot.

The problem is that he'll have to keep on winning to get his shot and that's far from guaranteed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any sympathy I had for Deontay Wilder has quickly diminished. The guy has no class. 

So much for his no excuses, he's blamed his 18kg outfit that he walked out in for his loss. He's also claimed Fury's punches didn't hurt and that he shouldn't have been pulled out, repeating his statements about wanting a body in the ring and being willing to give up his body if necessary. 

Compare that to Anthony Joshua's comments after the Ruiz fight and how he's still not revealed what went wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

The problem is that he'll have to keep on winning to get his shot and that's far from guaranteed. 

Yes indeed , because he’s fighting at world championship level without the belts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Any sympathy I had for Deontay Wilder has quickly diminished. The guy has no class. 

So much for his no excuses, he's blamed his 18kg outfit that he walked out in for his loss. He's also claimed Fury's punches didn't hurt and that he shouldn't have been pulled out, repeating his statements about wanting a body in the ring and being willing to give up his body if necessary. 

Compare that to Anthony Joshua's comments after the Ruiz fight and how he's still not revealed what went wrong. 

So the build up to the third fight begins.

Stay tuned for talk of ‘rabbit’ punches that perforated eardrums etc etc.

Got to sell those tickets somehow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Any sympathy I had for Deontay Wilder has quickly diminished. The guy has no class. 

So much for his no excuses, he's blamed his 18kg outfit that he walked out in for his loss. He's also claimed Fury's punches didn't hurt and that he shouldn't have been pulled out, repeating his statements about wanting a body in the ring and being willing to give up his body if necessary. 

Compare that to Anthony Joshua's comments after the Ruiz fight and how he's still not revealed what went wrong. 

He should have a brain scan if he believes all that . What a load of old cods . Just man up and say you took a beating , you get more respect . And if he was never hurt by Tyson then someone was whacking him round the ring making him stagger all over the place . That excuse just rips him of all credibility . If I were his team I would be wary of going into the rematch  , but in reality he has to because he can’t move on until he at least tries to exorcise that display . But honestly I can’t see him turning it round at all , it was such a hammering . And in two fights he’s not got to grips with Tyson at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Any sympathy I had for Deontay Wilder has quickly diminished. The guy has no class. 

So much for his no excuses, he's blamed his 18kg outfit that he walked out in for his loss. He's also claimed Fury's punches didn't hurt and that he shouldn't have been pulled out, repeating his statements about wanting a body in the ring and being willing to give up his body if necessary. 

Compare that to Anthony Joshua's comments after the Ruiz fight and how he's still not revealed what went wrong. 

If the suit made that big a difference, then credit to Fury for being carried in! (credit to my mate who pointed that out)


"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps it might be a good idea to get Tyson and some of his family to a Rugby League game. Interview him before the game starts on his boxing career and his opinions on the game about to happen and interview again after the game and ask his opinion on it. It would be great publicity for Rugby League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2020 at 22:42, Maximus Decimus said:

In hindsight, he should have taken the second AJ fight.

He's been treated appallingly by Wilder and the WBC, but like you say there isn't going to be much chance now for a long time. His best bet would probably be Fury beating AJ and then retiring. The breakup of the belts would give him a shot.

The problem is that he'll have to keep on winning to get his shot and that's far from guaranteed. 

I think both sides are equally to blame for this. Eddie Hearn is using White as a pawn in an attempt to get control over the one belt he doesn’t have. That’s the main reason he wasn’t getting a shot at Wilder. Other promoters are scared of being frozen out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast Eddie and Yafai called out Chocolatito Gonzalez thinking the timing was perfect .... it was , for Gonzalez . He smashed him to bits . What a PVP legend he is 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/02/2020 at 12:51, bobbruce said:

I think both sides are equally to blame for this. Eddie Hearn is using White as a pawn in an attempt to get control over the one belt he doesn’t have. That’s the main reason he wasn’t getting a shot at Wilder. Other promoters are scared of being frozen out. 

I wouldn't say he's using him as a pawn, he just realises that AJ is by far his bigger cash cow. Whyte should have had a shot at the WBC by now but he has been treated horrendously by them.

When Hearn couldn't get the Wilder fight, he was quite desperate for an opponent at one point and Whyte was looking to be the favourite but he didn't like the offer he was given. In hindsight, that was a poor move: Andy Ruiz could have been Whyte.

The fear of promoter monopoly is one of the main reasons I bet Wilder wants an instant rematch. Once he's out the loop, people will be reluctant to give him a shot purely because of his right hand and may I add because he played so many games when he was champ.

Edited by Maximus Decimus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daylight robbery that Whyte v Povetkin is PPV . it’s a good fight but this is getting ridiculous . PPV used to be , should be for super fights , now it is getting so diluted , and fans who already shell out for Sky are having to pay twice for anything decent now . Just ain’t right , pure unadulterated greed and we’re the cash cow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DavidM said:

Daylight robbery that Whyte v Povetkin is PPV . it’s a good fight but this is getting ridiculous . PPV used to be , should be for super fights , now it is getting so diluted , and fans who already shell out for Sky are having to pay twice for anything decent now . Just ain’t right , pure unadulterated greed and we’re the cash cow 

Yes I agree, in fact I’m going to swerve it altogether unless the undercard is brilliant and instead get Dubois-Joyce.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2020 at 06:38, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes I agree, in fact I’m going to swerve it altogether unless the undercard is brilliant and instead get Dubois-Joyce.

Neither should be PPV to be honest and I'll probably go looking for streams.

There's been a positive development IMO with the news that DAZN are moving into the UK. It's a sport subscription service that's trying to be the Netflix of sports: it's quite big in other areas. It's starting out at 4.99 a month and will have a lot of the American content to start with where they have a big deal with Eddie Hearn. 

It's going to start with Canelo-BJS but next year the Matchroom-Sky contract is up and my money is on DAZN to get the Hearn fights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Neither should be PPV to be honest and I'll probably go looking for streams.

There's been a positive development IMO with the news that DAZN are moving into the UK. It's a sport subscription service that's trying to be the Netflix of sports: it's quite big in other areas. It's starting out at 4.99 a month and will have a lot of the American content to start with where they have a big deal with Eddie Hearn. 

It's going to start with Canelo-BJS but next year the Matchroom-Sky contract is up and my money is on DAZN to get the Hearn fights.

 

I read about this earlier in the week in the Athletic, but I’m not sure it’s a healthy development for boxing as it further fragments the audience.

In their opinion, the contract would be split where Sky would still get Hearn fights, but just not all of them.

That means in order to watch legitimately (and support the sport), you will need access to Sky, BT and DAZN in Britain so it just increases the cost for the viewer.

In the same discussion, it was reported that Fury vs Wilder II PPV sales were disappointing and reflected the vast amount of ‘streaming’ that went on which brings into question whether PPV is the right vehicle for guaranteed income for big fights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I read about this earlier in the week in the Athletic, but I’m not sure it’s a healthy development for boxing as it further fragments the audience.

In their opinion, the contract would be split where Sky would still get Hearn fights, but just not all of them.

That means in order to watch legitimately (and support the sport), you will need access to Sky, BT and DAZN in Britain so it just increases the cost for the viewer.

In the same discussion, it was reported that Fury vs Wilder II PPV sales were disappointing and reflected the vast amount of ‘streaming’ that went on which brings into question whether PPV is the right vehicle for guaranteed income for big fights.

 

I suppose it depends how big DAZN become outside of boxing. If they can nab a few different rights packages alongside the boxing then they could start to become a big player in the market.

As someone who currently has no subscription to any sports package, I don't mind PPV as it allows me to watch big fights. However, the US model is horrendous and the frequency of PPVs over here is only driving people to illegal streaming.

Personally, I wouldnt mind paying 5-10 quid a month to get a guaranteed picture and not have to get up at 5am to watch it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just give him some world titles, he deserves it for these videos!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/04/2020 at 12:55, Bedford Roughyed said:

Just give him some world titles, he deserves it for these videos!

 

He seems like one of the more genuine boxers I must say.

With all the drama that has followed the Tyson Fury story, there has been talk of turning it into a hollywood film and there is certainly a great story there. Massive underdog dethrones the 12 year champion only to go off the rails, put on 10 stone, almost commit suicide before coming back and doing it all again. It makes Rocky sound realistic!

The only problem (and it is a huge problem) is who would play him? You not only have the problem of his size and boxing ability to try and replicate you also have his big personality and the fact that he's a northern-English traveller. I genuinely can't see how they could find an actor who would do him properly and not come across like a caricature.

Whereas the Andy Ruiz story would be easy. In fact, if this isolation goes on for too much longer I might be able to put my hat in the ring.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2020 at 16:30, Maximus Decimus said:

He seems like one of the more genuine boxers I must say.

With all the drama that has followed the Tyson Fury story, there has been talk of turning it into a hollywood film and there is certainly a great story there. Massive underdog dethrones the 12 year champion only to go off the rails, put on 10 stone, almost commit suicide before coming back and doing it all again. It makes Rocky sound realistic!

The only problem (and it is a huge problem) is who would play him? You not only have the problem of his size and boxing ability to try and replicate you also have his big personality and the fact that he's a northern-English traveller. I genuinely can't see how they could find an actor who would do him properly and not come across like a caricature.

Whereas the Andy Ruiz story would be easy. In fact, if this isolation goes on for too much longer I might be able to put my hat in the ring.

Adam fogarty.?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

caught up with a few old fights this week,dident realise just how good chris eubank was.pure class.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silverback said:

caught up with a few old fights this week,dident realise just how good chris eubank was.pure class.

In contrast, I was watching Brian Sutherland.

  • Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...